The Inquisitors

Started by Turkey, 09-01-2011

Turkey

M agic is unnatural. It is corrupt, and it is frightening. These are the beliefs of the common warriors. Warriors who have been upstaged. Men who once held the key to the kingdom with their brutish strength or clever cunning, are faced with one sad realization. No matter how strong they are, a fireball will turn them into a hulking inferno. No matter how quick they are, they cant dodge a bolt of lightrening travelling the speed of light. They cant compete with wizards in any conventional way. So that leaves them one thing to do, to bring back their power.

It's simple, kill the wizards.

Be it assassination or brutal cleaving, done secretly or in the middle of town with 50 onlookers, these men are a loose assosciation of brothers bonded in their craft and in there hate. Magicians and sorcerers may be powerful, but they cant stop what they dont prepare for. There is a old saying,
If a wizard sees you at 100 yards, prepare to die. If a wizard sees you at 50 yards, prepare for a fight... and if a wizard sees you a 5 yards, prepare to clean his blood from your sword.

Some people insist, that they are merely a myth. That noone could possibly hate magic, look at all the great and wonderful things its done!
But those same men have never had the feeling of thier honor being stripped away from them. Of there mentor, the best swordsman in the lands,
killed by a spell while he was still 50 yards away. There is no honor in spell casting, no honor in hiding behind magical shields and summoned spirits.
And soon, the magicians and spellcasters of this realm will learn just how "Mythic" these men really are.

Targets:
Mages
Witches
Lichs
Necromancers
Any priest that uses Combat spells
Sorcerers
Arch-Mages
Magical Creatures (Not races, but literally Creatures IE Zombies, Pixies, Things that are literally made of magic)

• The Inquisitors are neutral to all factions, who have nothing to do with magic.
  • The group are to be kept secret by its members, at all cost.
  • Killing mages on sight is not allowed, we pick out specific targets we want to be eliminated. This will not happen very often.
  • Besides of killing mages, we spend alot of time with secret meetings, and trying to convince the normal peasant that magic is the pure evil and the most unhonorable thing on this planet.
Ranks
- Grand inquisitor (Leader)
- Trusted inquisitor (Have a higher status than normal Inquisitors.)
- Inquisitor (Normal members)
- Trainee (Trial members)

*ROSTER*

Grand Inquisitor:
- Rowan  Derwintwater|Turkey|N/A

Trusted Inquisitor:
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Inquisitor:
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Trainee:
- Maximilian Ironclad||Steven || STEAM_0:0:15171330
- Drayton Wake || Zstan || ####
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Applications are OPEN
There will only be a few spots, and only the best apps will be accepted.

[color=teal][OOC]
Steam friends:
SteamId:
How long have you been with the community:
Why do you want to join The Inquisitors over all the other factions:[/color]

[color=saddlebrown][IC]
Name:
Why do you want to become a member of The Inquisitors:[/color]

[questions]
If you see a group of mages walking nearby, what would you do:
You see a wizard, his alone and busy doing somthing. What do you do:

Zstan

I was already accepted along time ago, the first one to be accepted I think.

Please don't make me write it again :(

Steven :D

[OOC]
Steam friends: |HGN| Steven :D

SteamId: STEAM_0:0:15171330

How long have you been with the community: Almost a Year now.

Why do you want to join The Inquisitors over all the other factions: I really think the concept of assassinating / killing wizards would be interesting to see and participate in,

[IC]
Name: Maximilian Ironclad

Character backstory: Maximilian or "Max" was born to a average family living within a village. During his early childhood, his father was foolish enough to insult a wizard, who then placed a curse upon his father, which rendered him unable to work and he was bedridden for the next couple years. During this time, his family suffered of famine for quite a while. His mother nearly starved herself to allow Max to live during this time. His father would tell him stories at night of a terrible wizard who decided to do this to his family. The stories continued on throughout the time his father was sick. After his father finally recovered and his family begun to prosper once again, Max left at the age of 16, to make a fortune of his own.

Why do you want to become a member of The Inquisitors: To stop the threat of magic and sorcery that can easily kill any living man. By preventing magic, we can easily establish superiority without being usurped by a lone wizard who has intentions to kill our king or any other person of value (to us). 

[questions]
If you see a group of mages walking nearby, what would you do: I would try to casually leave the scene without notifying them of my presence.

You see a wizard, he's alone and busy doing something. What do you do: Leave them alone, unless they pose an immediate threat its best to regroup before attempting to take a wizard down. Unless I'm ordered to; I wouldn't attack them, unless they pose an immediate threat.

Turkey

Quote from: Steven :D on 09-01-2011
[OOC]
Steam friends: |HGN| Steven :D

SteamId: STEAM_0:0:15171330

How long have you been with the community: Almost a Year now.

Why do you want to join The Inquisitors over all the other factions: I really think the concept of assassinating / killing wizards would be interesting to see and participate in,

[IC]
Name: Maximilian Ironclad

Character backstory: Maximilian or "Max" was born to a average family living within a village. During his early childhood, his father was foolish enough to insult a wizard, who then placed a curse upon his father, which rendered him unable to work and he was bedridden for the next couple years. During this time, his family suffered of famine for quite a while. His mother nearly starved herself to allow Max to live during this time. His father would tell him stories at night of a terrible wizard who decided to do this to his family. The stories continued on throughout the time his father was sick. After his father finally recovered and his family begun to prosper once again, Max left at the age of 16, to make a fortune of his own.

Why do you want to become a member of The Inquisitors: To stop the threat of magic and sorcery that can easily kill any living man. By preventing magic, we can easily establish superiority without being usurped by a lone wizard who has intentions to kill our king or any other person of value (to us). 

[questions]
If you see a group of mages walking nearby, what would you do: I would try to casually leave the scene without notifying them of my presence.

You see a wizard, he's alone and busy doing something. What do you do: Leave them alone, unless they pose an immediate threat its best to regroup before attempting to take a wizard down. Unless I'm ordered to; I wouldn't attack them, unless they pose an immediate threat.

Pending, I may accept you fully, But theres something i need to speak to you aboutmessage me on SF also.

Ragolution

The Inquisitors have hereforth sworn fealty to House Adrigar. You will serve us for all days, until your leader is freed of his oath.

Turkey

Indeed, More people should apply, This group won't let you down, I promise

Aresty

Wrong link , had to be the SPANISH INQUISITION one.

Zstan

Mon visage quand you deleted the old thread and I didn't get a chance to copy my old application.

Turkey

Quote from: Zstan on 10-01-2011
Mon visage quand you deleted the old thread and I didn't get a chance to copy my old application.

New one, Forgot making a backstory.
Problem solved

Zstan

Quote from: Turkey on 10-01-2011

Problem solved

So you want me to make a new character?

Turkey

Quote from: Turkey on 10-01-2011

Problem solved

So you want me to make a new character?

ye

Zstan

Steam friends: |HGN| Zstan
SteamId: Ask for it later
How long have you been with the community: 3+ years

Name: Drayton Wake
Identified by his long (xbox huge) beard.

PacMan502

[OOC]
Steam friends: killa5002 (Pac Man)
SteamId:(Will get when I get home, give me about 3 hours.)
How long have you been with the community: 2+ years, actively for a couple months.
Why do you want to join The Inquisitors over all the other factions: Generally in RPs such as this, I tend to stray always towards to a warrior, even if I have a chance to have magic or magi-like abilities, and just honestly, it's the only faction that called ot me.

[IC]
Name: Toneth Copeaut
Appearance : Ear-length shaggy brown hair, a medium built man that stands about five foot eleven inches tall with dark brown eyes, a light black beard, and a small scar over his the left of his lip.

Character backstory(It can be short): Toneth was born into the Copeaut familiy in a lang bordering Curssaria. Toneth was born into the Copaeut family, a middle-classed village family, though compared to the majority of the people in the village, they were considered incredibly wealthy and often gave up miniscule portions of their wealth to afford extra seeds for growth of crops, making them a loved and cherished family. Toneth was the third child born of Harriet and Anoten Copaeut, the eldest child was Touital, his brother who was seven, and Anna, his sister who was four.
As Toneth's life progressed, he began to take a keen liking to swordsmanship when he was but a eight year old boy, the first eight years of his life consisting with no major events, yet the area was around his village was seeming to become more uneasy, but this mattered little to them, as the low-life population kept out of the town. His father also decided to hire the black-smith, a grizzled war veteran, whom eagerly accepted as his income from black-smithing was not high, and the Copaeut's paid him a handsome sum of currency, and so aside from him going home in the evenings, his life consisted of training, and sparing with the Black smith, whom became friend of Toneth, his name was Analte.
As years passed, the village surroundings slowly became more bandit-friendly, daily robbings heard from survivors whom barely made it to the village alive; most of them died shortly after arriving from fatal wounds. Toneth was now eighteen a trained swordsman in the art of one-handed sword play, and generally preferred a short sword as a secondary weapon, and a long iron blade as his primary, along with a thick wooden shield with his families crest on it.
Three short days after his apprentice-ship as a swordsman was done, it was Sundown, and Toneth decided to spend the evening with his mentor, laughing and eating a large meal Toneth's mother gave him to enjoy with Analte, along with his parent's blessing to spend the evening on the outskirts of the town, but little did he know that his mother not only gave him   a meal, but also allowed him his life.
Three hours later with Analte, they were talking and laughing over the left-over's they had not eaten as they saw fires coming from small buildings in the town from his open window, quickly and hastily gathering they're weaponry, running towards the town. As they ran, the y began seeing a small group of bandits raiding they're town with these two strange men, they did not wield iron or steel, or even clubs, nearing Toneth's home. Analte halted Toneth, telling him if the three bandits wielding steel didn't seem the ones in charge, yet the odd men in ragged tunics.
As they watched, they quickly realized the two men in ragged tunics were of magic descent as one of the mages struck down a village in a lighting-like bolt, Toneth and Analte were both flabbergasted by this.
As the town continued to be attacked by the mages and bandits, they reached Toneth's house in a matter of minutes, the bandits rushing inside, seeming to know that this house held the most wealth. The bandit's quick ran out, they're arms full of possessions, yet no people, they continues watching, assuming they just wanted the possessions, yet the mages seemed unsatisfied with this, and both held their hands close, a orange glow amassing as they released both on the house, one on the door, and the other on the roof, the wooden house quickly becoming engulfed in flames.
Analte and Toneth began sprinting to the house as quick as they could, the bandits stuffing the possessions into they're pockets and sacks, walking with the mages as the Toneth and Analte reached the fire. Toneth heard the screams of his family, the fires spreading abnormally quick, as if the fires were meant to burn the house within minutes, and the screams halting in minutes.
Toneth looked at the fire, backing up with tears forming in his eyes, knowing in which what had happened, turning and running in the direction of his families murders, screaming obsinities such as 'You bastards!' and 'You son's of whores!', tears running down his face, Analte following quick behind, knowing he would not be able to stop Toneth, and knew he had to help him or he would surely be slain.
They quickly reached the bandits and mages in seconds, the mages and bandits turning quickly, the mages quickly beginning to incant  spells as Analte unsheathes his battle axe, cocking his hand back as he slows down, launching it fifteen feet in the air, hurderling towards one of the mages, it impacting the mages chest three seconds later as Toneth continues charging. As the mage fell, the other mage turned to him with widened eyes, turning and casting the lighting-bolt like spell at Analte, it hitting him as he falls to his knees, then to the ground, his body quickly crisped by the electrocution.
Toneth did not look back, as one of the bandits swung his sword at Toneth as he sprinted, Toneth raised his shield to the sword, easily impacting the blow, smashing the shield in to the man, knocking him down as he slowed slightly, but continued to run, the other bandits running after him, but as Toneth reached the remaining mage, he lowered his shield, training his sword on the mage, thrusting it into the mage's stomach. Toneth held the sword there for half a second, then turned it to the left in the stomach of the mortally wounded man, turning around and unsheathing his short sword, the bandit it front swinging his sword at Toneth as he lifted his shield, impacting the blow easily, countering the man's novice-like strike with a swift slash to the gut, the slash spurting blood from his stomach as the final bandit charged Toneth with his sword. Toneth dropped his shield, raising his short-sword in a parry-like manner, readying himself for the strike as the bandit swung his sword ,unbalanced at Toneth. Toneth impacted the blow with his short sword, quickly sliding the sword to the left, impacting the blow with a counter like motion, the bandit losing his balanced from his unbalanced swing, stumbling to the ground. Toneth quickly turned to the bandit who had just fell, running up to him and roughly thrusting his short sword into his heart from his back, the bandit letting out a final gasp of hair as he mouth filled with blood. Toneth yanked the sword out, turning to the bandit whom he first knocked down, the bandit had stood, looking at Toneth with fear-filled eyes as he turned, sprinting as if he was running for his life. Toneth slowly leaned down, picking up his shield as he sheathed his short sword on the bottom area of his left thigh, tears still running down his face and he walked up to the mage in whom he had trusted his sword into, the mage forming a puddle of blood around his corpse as Toneth yanked the sword out, talking in a low and grim voice.
"May any relation of your blood meet the same fate as you." He said, turning back to his burning house, then turning forward again, slowly beginning to walk out of the village with hate-filled eyes, his hatred of all magic, awakened inside him. The village slowly rebuilt over the course of six months, the fate of the Copaeut family all know except for Toneth's fate, whom was not forgotten by the village, as many witnessed him fend off the bandits, but he had made one final request to a villager he past by, whom was watching as Toneth slew the bandits.
"Honor Analte, and my family, my place is no longer here..." were his last known words as he disappeared from his small village, never known to be seen again by who he once called friends, perhaps he is still among this world, making his mark, only time will tell.

Why do you want to become a member of The Inquisitors: To Toneth, the Inquisitors are the only group whom had made since to him, always devoting his life and his scarred body to the cause, wanting to make sure the same fate did not suffer others as what had happened to his village and family.

[questions]
If you see a group of mages walking nearby, what would you do: Do not make your presence known as a Inquisitor, and regroup with any nearby Inquisitors, and do not attack without word of a higher-ranking Inquisitor.
You see a wizard, his alone and busy doing something. What do you do: You do not attack, as you do not know if this is a trap or a ambush waiting to happen, you must be prepared for all things, so you should first regroup with your Inquisitor breathern, and scout out the surrounding area, if it is clear and you have the 'okay' from a higher rank, then you strike.