The Grey Rangers

Started by Recreas, 14-07-2011

Recreas

The Grey Rangers

Still fixing the coat of arms a bit

Backstory:

It all began about two centuries ago when a group of rangers came from the east with boats, they were deserters. They left the service of their own king and started a new life here in the lands of Crussaria. They left their old terrible live of killing innocents in the name of a worthless king behind them and went for a search of a better life.

They started doing small jobs for the local towns folk to gain a bit of prestige and fame. They raised enough for their own guild house and they settled down. They slowly started recruiting new members to pass their skills and experience on. They wanted to make their own legend of honor and fame. And soon people in the village came to ask them for help instead of them asking the locals for job.

This went on for a few generations untill about a decade ago.
Somewhere in the dark an assassin managed to start a fire in the guild house whilst all the rangers were sleeping. But when they woke up it was too late. The exits were blocked by large piles of burning junk. They had no place to go and so most of them died. Luckily for them their legend did not as somewhere in the woods a senior member and his apprentice were on a mission to hunt down a dangerous bear.

Later that night they returned and saw their home destroyed, and all their friends dead. Who would do such a thing, they were always nice for the locals and the only thing they ever asked is some money in return to finance their guild.
But there wasno time for revenge, it was time to survive. They decided to move up a little more west, further away from the sea to make another fresh start there. They ended up in Ravendale, a lovely city. It was time to once more rise up and to continue their legend, the legend of the Rangers.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sworn loyality to: -
Alliances: None.
Vassals: None.
Current leader: Captain Recreon Nikolasen.

Relationships:

Magicians: Neutral
Inquisitors: Neutral
The Ravedale Guard: Friendly
Lions Chapter/Paladins: Neutral/Friendly
Woodslandthieves: Unfriendly
Adventurers Guild: Neutral

Roster:
Captain:
Recreon Nikolasen - Recreas

Veteran Ranger(s):
Taco - James True_Sight

Ranger(s):

Novice Ranger(s): 

Apprentice(s):

R.I.P/Missing:
George Mcarthur : Eaten by a wolf.
Hydra : Didn't stand a chance....
Maxiliam : Has left for a long journey.
Artur: May Dathius guide him to us.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Recreas

There are a few small notes pinned down on various boards around the region, they all have the title "Grey Rangers"

Greetings to those that read this note,
The Guild of Archery and band of mercenaries, also known as the Grey Rangers is now recruiting.
Please, only continue reading if you are interested in admitting yourself into our Guild.

The requirements of joining are:
I. Post a letter to the head of the Grey Rangers informing him of your qualities (Fill in the application format below and post it in here)
II.  Report to the Ranger Captain as soon as you receive a letter of acceptance.
III. Follow the trial set by various rangers and earn all of their votes.
IV. You are now a Ranger.

Application Format (Please Post In This Thread!)
[size=14pt] [b]The Letter[/b][/size]
[i]To: The Head of the Grey Rangers/ Archery Guild.

Dear Recreas Nikolasen,
[size=8pt][Write down a small backstory of atleast two paragraphs, watch grammar and spelling.][/size]

I'm very skilled at: [size=8pt][Note down your characters abilities and skills (I.E Mining,Fletching)][/size]

Hail Cybil,
(Name of Character)

[size=14pt][b]OOC Information:[/b][/size]
Steam Name:

If you apply you agree to all rules and agreements set by the Captain, and do you agree that your character will be permanently killed if he/she leaves the faction without proper authorization from the leader?:

PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE ON THE FORUMS, DO NOT POST DOWN HERE. THOSE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT BEING READ.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Recreas

News

You see a big sign hanging in the HQ, filled with notes of current news.

(I will be maintaining the Time here as our real ooc time
cause I have now idea what day/era it is icly.)

19-8-2012:

Today the Rangers have returned, after our few months long voyage to visit our brothers in the far east.
Things have changed whilst we were gone, but now that we have returned I wish to establish a strong
foot hold. A few things will be changed, one of them includes this new board to maintain all news.

1. James True-Sight has been a true loyal member and has been a helpfull ally and good friend
throughout my adventures. Therefore James is now promoted to Veteran-Ranger, congratulations James!

2. Our brothers in the east have thought me and James some new tricks and skills, so expect training soon!

3. In the time we've been spending with our Brothers, things have changed drastically here. So we must
return to mainting a strong foot-hold. Therefore we will now start recruiting on a larger scale. For more information
contact me or James.

----------------------

dust878

The Letter
To: The Head of the Grey Rangers/ Archery Guild.

Dear Recreas Nikolasen,
[James is the son of Alexander True-Sight , He was born on a casual farm but by the age of 12 he moved to the City of stormhelm. He moved to Stormhelm because his mother was very sickly and she couldn't feed the entire family by herself , Since the coward of a father abandoned James by birth He and his mum had to live by them selves working the farm on a day by day basis which was their only means of survival. Anyway back onto the plot , James moved in the hopes of finding a job so that he could afford a healer to visit his mum , but to his disapointment when he amassed amount of crowns needed , he came back to the farm where he had lived , only to find strange stares by the people of the farm , suddendly a farmer approached him and said ''Im sorry James.... The illness go the best of her '' At which moment James was in a shock he fell down onto his knees in both Fury and Misery, 

Since there was nothing holding James back at the farm any longer he decided to move into the town pernamently, but on his way he got ambushed by a gang of highway
The type that won't bother asking ''Crowns or life '' but just Club the guy in the head , and so happened to James . The poor fellow awoke in the middle of a bandit camp. There was some sort of a celebration going on so it wasn't hard escaping since his guards were sleeping just as tight as he was,So without a second thought james snook out and never looked back. (Sorry if it's a bit clunky but English isn't my first language so I try the best I can.  .]

I'm very skilled at: [Sneaking , Stamina , Jogging , dodging]

Hail Cybil,
James True-Sight

OOC Information:
Steam Name:Taco
How active will you be?:I tend to be active most of the time taking about a hour daily in order to walk my dog.

If you apply you agree to all rules and agreements set by the Captain, and do you agree that your character will be permanently killed if he/she leaves the faction without proper authorization from the leader?proper authorization from the leader?: Yes I do

Recreas

Bumping due recent, new activity because Crussaria is back and so am I.

Cutch

Is your computer going to blow up and make you vanish again? :c

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Recreas

Quote from: Cutch on 20-08-2012
Is your computer going to blow up and make you vanish again? :c

Not planning on it :)