The Grand Inquisition

Started by Turkey, 06-12-2011

Turkey

Magic is unnatural. It is corrupt, and it is frightening. These are the beliefs of the common warriors. Warriors who have been upstaged. Men who once held the key to the kingdom with their brutish strength or clever cunning, are faced with one sad realization. No matter how strong they are, a fireball will turn them into a hulking inferno. No matter how quick they are, they cant dodge a bolt of lightrening travelling the speed of light. They cant compete with wizards in any conventional way. So that leaves them one thing to do, to bring back their power.

It's simple, kill the wizards.

Be it assassination or brutal cleaving, done secretly or in the middle of town with 50 onlookers, these men are a loose assosciation of brothers bonded in their craft and in there hate. Magicians and sorcerers may be powerful, but they cant stop what they dont prepare for. There is a old saying,
If a wizard sees you at 100 yards, prepare to die. If a wizard sees you at 50 yards, prepare for a fight... and if a wizard sees you a 5 yards, prepare to clean his blood from your sword.

Some people insist, that they are merely a myth. That noone could possibly hate magic, look at all the great and wonderful things its done!
But those same men have never had the feeling of thier honor being stripped away from them. Of there mentor, the best swordsman in the lands,
killed by a spell while he was still 50 yards away. There is no honor in spell casting, no honor in hiding behind magical shields and summoned spirits.
And soon, the magicians and spellcasters of this realm will learn just how "Mythic" these men really are.

• Targets:
    Mages
    Witches
    Lichs
    Necromancers
    Any priest that uses Combat spells
    Sorcerers
    Arch-Mages
    Magical Creatures (Not races, but literally Creatures IE Zombies, Pixies, Things that are literally made of magic)

The Inquisitors are neutral to all factions, who have nothing to do with magic.
The group are to be kept secret by its members, at all cost.
Killing mages on sight is not allowed, we pick out specific targets we want to be eliminated. This will not happen very often.
Besides of killing mages, we spend alot of time with secret meetings, and trying to convince the normal peasant that magic is the pure evil and the most unhonorable thing on this planet.

Ranks
- Grand inquisitor (Leader)
[Eqiupment: Anything.]

- Veteran inquisitor (Have a higher status than normal Inquisitors.)
[Eqiupment: Royal Attire, Any weapon.]

- Inquisitor (Normal members)
[Eqiupment: Royal Attire, Iron Sword.]

- Trainee (Trial members)
[Eqiupment: Leather Militia, Iron Dagger.]

Grand Inquisitor:
[Powers: All.]
- Pacinnien Grecienard | Turkey | N/A

Veteran Inquisitor:
[Powers: Can note magic users. Can murder magic users. Holds authority over lower ranks]
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Inquisitor:
[Powers: Can note magic users. Can murder magic users.]
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Trainee:
[Powers: Can note magic users. Cannot freely kill them unless extremely dire. Is on Trial Period.]
-Maximilian Ironclad||Steven || STEAM_0:0:15171330
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####
- #### || #### || ####

Applications are OPEN
There will only be a few spots, and only the best apps will be accepted.

[color=teal][OOC]
Steam friends:
SteamId:
How long have you been with the community:
Why do you want to join The Inquisitors over all the other factions:[/color]

[color=saddlebrown][IC]
Name:
Why do you want to become a member of The Inquisitors:[/color]

[questions]
If you see a group of mages walking nearby, what would you do:
You see a wizard, his alone and busy doing somthing. What do you do:

Steven :D

Support, so there can be other people rather than just Cutch and Rov killing mages 24/7.

Paintcheck

We needed an organized group for this, especially since I brutally murdered Rav outside of town and left it Inquisitorless.

Although I will say this line in the description:
QuoteSome people insist, that they are merely a myth. That noone could possibly hate magic, look at all the great and wonderful things its done!

is a lie in Crussaria. Everyone thinks magic is evil. White magic is usually grudgingly tolerated, at best it is outright accepted but even then usually with fear towards the person who is using it.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 07-12-2011
We needed an organized group for this, especially since I brutally murdered Rav outside of town and left it Inquisitorless.

Although I will say this line in the description:
QuoteSome people insist, that they are merely a myth. That noone could possibly hate magic, look at all the great and wonderful things its done!

is a lie in Crussaria. Everyone thinks magic is evil. White magic is usually grudgingly tolerated, at best it is outright accepted but even then usually with fear towards the person who is using it.

Standard Priest: "FEAR ME....! But follow!"

Bl★ck Star

"Believe Believe, the Dragon born comes" Wait what.

Why the Skyrim bard song.

Ragolution

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 07-12-2011
"Believe Believe, the Dragon born comes" Wait what.

Why the Skyrim bard song.

I always prefered

Skyrim OST - Age of Aggression [With Lyrics]

Dragonborn is meh and Oppression is lolwut

Zombiehunta

Wait, what? The entire nation of Ambertol has a part of government dedicated to destroying the magic threat, remember? (As response to no one hating magic) As a sidenote, I suspected you to be an Imperial, Rag.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Ravanger

Be nice to get this runin along since I took the action of bring it in server for a short time until my PK just for roleplay reasons. Also nice to see your back with this turkey if you actually are back.

Cutch

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 07-12-2011
Wait, what? The entire nation of Ambertol has a part of government dedicated to destroying the magic threat, remember? (As response to no one hating magic) As a sidenote, I suspected you to be an Imperial, Rag.
No one locally hates magic, and if they have they haven't voiced it. Probably because literally half the server population is magical.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Ragolution

Much better music.

Bl★ck Star