The Frozen Future-(Large Event.)

Started by Ravanger, 14-02-2012

TerraCottazorz

What are the relations going to be with the other creatures? All I hear is human human human. I regularaly play on my orc/goblin, how might they react to the harsh weathers?

Ravanger

Quote from: TerraCottazorz on 25-02-2012
What are the relations going to be with the other creatures? All I hear is human human human. I regularaly play on my orc/goblin, how might they react to the harsh weathers?

Generally the same way as most the humans have responded, they might flee to certain caves or dungeons of sorts. For most the monsters you'd proably end up roaming around a bit icly bundled up and so forth looking for supplies as would a few humans, thus provideing interaction there as well as other scenarios.

Madcombat

Any news about the in progress map?  Looking forward to this.

KingArthur

I doubt silver will allow it.

Ravanger

Quote from: KingArthur on 27-02-2012
I doubt silver will allow it.

King I am going to set up a little meeting mkay.

Recreas

Why wouldn't Silver allow it, it's a great publicity stunt and I think a lot of people are actually looking forward to this.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Ravanger

Well we will still keep this in mind if we need it but we are trying a different conflict which will be good since we never had a real conflict. Basic idea is Bastard son wishes to claim the lordship of the town for himself from his Father the Lord who put another as the heir essientally.

Madcombat

Quote from: Ravanger on 12-03-2012
Well we will still keep this in mind if we need it but we are trying a different conflict which will be good since we never had a real conflict. Basic idea is Bastard son wishes to claim the lordship of the town for himself from his Father the Lord who put another as the heir essientally.

Reminds me, speak to me SF about this.  I'd like to try write somthing up.

Paintcheck

Think a new forum topic is likely coming with info from the reboot.

The tl;dr is no more demon shit, less magic, and far more emphasis on warring houses that will actually be put together before people demand they do something instead of having to be hurriedly and sloppily established from players who don't really care that much to begin with. Hopefully this will work better.

Madcombat

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-03-2012
Think a new forum topic is likely coming with info from the reboot.

The tl;dr is no more demon shit, less magic, and far more emphasis on warring houses that will actually be put together before people demand they do something instead of having to be hurriedly and sloppily established from players who don't really care that much to begin with. Hopefully this will work better.

Yeah, I think people was too much bombarded with other things to find that they have a issue.  Like back in Ravendale when there was the undead threat, people didnt take notice although large abominations was smashing through the gates.  Churches burning no one cared etc.  I think its a result of too much going on.  If I am wrong though then we defiantly in the future need to work on getting players to actually reconise there is shit happening. 

Paintcheck

The bigger problem is the emphasis on churches/demons/divine battles requires players to give a shit and learn what the canon is. Obviously they didn't do that so a simple "This royal faction vs that royal faction" might be easier for new players to grasp and then once they get interested they can learn about the canon.

Madcombat

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-03-2012
The bigger problem is the emphasis on churches/demons/divine battles requires players to give a shit and learn what the canon is. Obviously they didn't do that so a simple "This royal faction vs that royal faction" might be easier for new players to grasp and then once they get interested they can learn about the canon.

Prehaps your right, however the royal faction vs royal faction = Understandment of the knowledge "Divine Right of Kings" and some people are just too hard core to understand and grasp that there is also a "Heighrachy", Demons and witches, mages included are lower the worms themselves, peasents are just above dogs.   Kings are higher then Angels.  People should understand this before they choose a faction to fight for, but well as you know, people arnt willing to learn.

Tom

I think you mean hierarchy.

Anyway. . .

How can players learn about noble houses when we don't even put anything out there for them to learn?

I think if we shell out the canon thoroughly for the houses and why they are fighting, people will get interested. To be honest the reason why houses failed in the first place was cause no one thought about them before hand when developing them, and when they did get developed, they where thrown together by players/admins that didn't actually care at all about them and only made them cause the server "Needed" them.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22