The Damned (Undead)

Started by Madcombat, 30-01-2012

Madcombat

(Crest bound to change, I'd love for someone to make somthing uniqe for this.)

"Once, you were a proud Crussarian. A warrior proud by your oaths and land, bound to the sword you held upon your hand. You were one of those upon the north to battle the ranging horde of undead, from the monstrosities to the simply deceased. You fought gloriously until you felt the swift violent blade strike into your flesh, your soul itself has been ripped from your mind. No longer are you an honourable warrior of justice, but a lost soul. All that you hear bound to your new masters of the unholy impure realms, the lord of death commands you, and you alongside your new brethren follow hands upon the hilt. You are now, a knight of darkness. For when you believed there was gods, you were forsaken. There is nothing but you and your master, all that you are is a bound soul to which your master has masterfully out of no mercy raised you as a slave. You feel it, the ice burn your very existence, the rotting of your flesh. You are immortally scarred forever."

- Book for the Damned, the dead. Chapter two-hundred n' forty five, verses eight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Damned quite
simply is Crussaria evil undead faction, the faction works more or less as an
event faction to which is cause to the major events hosted on the previous map
such as the rise of the abomination event as well as the cursed siege.

The faction is
led by a man or to the knowing voice as a demon Lich hybrid known widely as
'Tormentor', a name bestowed to him upon the Demon lords. The faction worked
(From my knowledge) as the core based evil faction, there are hardly any good
healthy faction relations to this group.

The group
resides deep within the catacombs; though this may be temporary until the
faction is ready.

To the living
Crussarian, most would recognise the goal of this group is to claim the life of
all the living, the true motives are not being given as it does greatly bother
me when people decide to take things they don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Necromancer Tree, bound to updates.

Lich Lord – Those who maintain control upon their subjects. These abominations obey the will to the impure lord of death, Tormentor. Note: Lich Lords require the protection of the fallen warriors.

Necromancer – These inhuman specimens conjure and raise the dead from the grave, they obey the will of their Lich Lord and the impure lord of death, Tormentor.

Acolyte – These inhuman subjects use there unholy knowledge to inflict pain upon the populace, they use their knowledge over alchemy to create a more unholy effect, these Acolytes corrupt the world itself, they worship the impure lord of death Tormentor and follow the Necromancer and the Lich Lord.

Cultist (Heretics) - Cultists normally form together secret societies inside a large populace, there aim is usually to convert people to new religions hence the given name 'Heretics', these cultists have no special abilities however may be chosen by a Lich Lord himself to join the fate of undeath. Note: Cultists/Heretics are outside the faction, but we recognise these types.

Undead Warrior Tree, bound to updates.

Lich Lord - Those who maintain control upon their subjects. These abominations obey the will to the impure lord of death, Tormentor. Note: Lich Lords require the protection of the fallen warriors.

Dark Knight – A knight of Tormentor and undeath, they make use of their undead state to capture and wreck terror upon the living, they tend to worship the Lich Lords and Tormentor himself, these Dark beings tend to lead groups of undead bestowed to them by the Lich Lords.

Fallen Warrior – A warrior who has simply fallen to the will of undeath, they are usually led by a Dark Knight and worship Tormentor fanatically.  These beings are normally taken from Slavery or cults formed within Crussaria.

Cultist (Heretics) - Cultists normally form together secret societies inside a large populace, there aim is usually to convert people to new religions hence the given name 'Heretics', these cultists have no special abilities however may be chosen by a Lich Lord himself to join the fate of undeath. Note: Cultists/Heretics are outside the faction, but we recognise these types.

How do distinguish an undead creature to the living:

The Living tend to act as you see anyone usually, they look more or less healthy and don't rot, its quite simple really to tell if someone is alive, however to tell if someone is undead there are ways to find out the answer to your worries.

The traits of someone touched by the undeath plague normally consist of over grown hair in a bone grey state, not this depends on how long the body or person has been dead.  The skin of one who is undead is quite horrific, it may be ravaged skin, mouldy or slowly decaying (Note: The taint within usually fuses the skin together.)  Being dead, they tend to give off a horrific odder of decay.  Depending on what type of undead he is (The above stated) they will likely have a green aura illuminating their eyes, however this changed at the Dark Knight stage where they will have a blue illumination, however summoned undead (AkA: Skeletons, Zombies etc) will not have the eye shine effect as they are quite weak.  Undead are capable of speech, however you may notice the echo in their voice patterns.

I'd like to note if you have any use full adds to this, I'd appreciate it.
Before I let this thread go, I'd like to request any Grave Born to talk to me for this opportunity.

Madcombat

This is already out in the open and has been happening since the start of Crussaria.  I'll clean some things up to those who might be confused about the positions/trees.
1. Before you state theres alot of positions to be fulled, theres only 6 positions, the "Cult" position is open to all, just know your not part of the official group.
2. Why isnt this in playerbased?  Well quite simply its not quite that, this group selects people who I see fit to join and we arnt quite open to all players though its possible.  See this faction is a very risky faction for someone like me to lead, however out of all this time the faction has been lead well enough.
3. Cults, go ahead form one but understand you are able to be PK'd if caught, but remember thats the fun of it, thats the risk and thats how I'd prefereably draw characters to this group.
4. A group like this isnt accepted!  Wrong it was accepted from around week 2, I just have not had the time to post this thread up as I've got some issues to life itself (Like we all have.)
5. I'd appreciate it if people came out with Critisisom that was usefull to making the group better, if you have any direct complaints about the group itself contact either me, Ravanger or Paintcheck, though I'd prefere I'd be top priority to complaints so I have a actual chance to fix them.
6. No Roster!?  Well well, arnt we feeling a little worried now, who could be undead?  "It could be me, it could be you, it could even be-" Find out through playing, I've got a little roster on my desk top to keep track.

Questions folks? GO for it.  I'll be bringing out afew new threads such as the "Dragunsurn" history and Banditing guide Crussaria style, so wish me luck.

Pink!

... I'd love to help with this. I had a classic character in Prologue, something really tortured, and while I'm not entirely sure if it would work... it could. It really could. Get in touch with me.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Madcombat

Quote from: Pink! on 30-01-2012
... I'd love to help with this. I had a classic character in Prologue, something really tortured, and while I'm not entirely sure if it would work... it could. It really could. Get in touch with me.

Good enough for me to talk with you if its a accepted character, and yes its been working since week 2.

Nova

This seems like a quite interesting group. But one thing I don't quite understand; how does one become undead? I mean, do they willingly submit themselves to be slaugthered and then resurrected, or do they agree to "become" a revived warrior? I'm just not quite sure I understand it...
Could just be me though.

Madcombat

Quote from: Nova on 30-01-2012
This seems like a quite interesting group. But one thing I don't quite understand; how does one become undead? I mean, do they willingly submit themselves to be slaugthered and then resurrected, or do they agree to "become" a revived warrior? I'm just not quite sure I understand it...
Could just be me though.

As I believe I've stated, you either join/form a cult worshipping us or get unwillingly taken against your will (Ofc, we ask if you want to be part of it before your death.)

Nova

Ah, I see. Must've missed that part somehow. Anyway, seems like a pretty cool group/faction. Somethin' I'd definitively join if I could.

Ragolution

I remember starting to do something like this. The only "issue" I have is that the undead are inherently evil. It's mostly a personal gripe, though. Necromancers could think they're helping mankind, after all.

+support?

Madcombat

Quote from: Ragolution on 31-01-2012
+support?

Heh, isn't a support thread.  This has been going since the start, its well past that now.

Quote from: Ragolution on 31-01-2012
I remember starting to do something like this. The only "issue" I have is that the undead are inherently evil. It's mostly a personal gripe, though. Necromancers could think they're helping mankind, after all.

Your right to a extent, see the summoned undead (Brainless walking corpses we know as Zombies to wraiths) are what you see as evil more or less due to the fact they have no choice.  However I've made a nice little developing change to this faction, see its not as fun/gripping when your character has no choice or how to do something, even though I force my subjects into orders they don't necessarily have to love the orders or like them.  You'll always remember what you used to be, wish for that life to return and that is what you see in many video games because from that wish to be normal again has breaded jealousy.  However, to be quite high up in the tree of the undead, I'd imagine personally that my subjects would be pretty evil after everything they have endured.  However that's up for the players to develop there character and give a nice story to tell about it.

Pink!

Did you get my message?

Madcombat

Quote from: Pink! on 31-01-2012
Did you get my message?

Did you check your inbox?

Pink!

I did. No reply.

Madcombat

Talk to me on Steam about it, not here since these posts are so short they could be called Post whoring. 

Pink!

I'll need your Steam account, then. This also isn't post whoring; we're trying to discuss/plan something related to the community/server.

jaik

Quote from: Pink! on 01-02-2012
I'll need your Steam account
huh

nothing wrong with that, I guess.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway