The Crussaria World

Started by Silver Knight, 20-07-2010

Silver Knight

Crussaria is essentially is my ideology of a fantasy medieval world, including all the elements which i feel build up the atmosphere and make it unique.

Table Of Contents

The Dynamic Enviroment
-Dynamic Trees
-Mining
-Wildlife

Starting Of In Crussaria
-Rank Tiers

Crafting

The Dynamic Enviroment

Unlike most popular Medieval RPG games my thoughts on how Crussaria should be is more towards a open world non-linear outlook, although everything i want to do is not possible in Garrysmod, if i ever do develop it in garrysmod ill list the things i  think are capable and do-able.

-Dynamic Trees; Trees growing on their own throughout the land, every day they grow up, the world trys to maintain how how many trees there are, so when one tree is knocked down, another will try to grow from a seed elsewhere, normally next to another tree.

-Mining; Although not possible to be dynamic in Gmod, if a high up ranker in the Crussaria world such as a lord requests a mine be build in a certain location a teleporter could be used in that location, as well as a "mine" model to ive it that effect of a opening, then it gets hooked up to another location with a linear mine, probably one of about 10 in the world map. Which would have "section" rocks which you mine away, those are the bad rocks which are useless, then it could open up to caves and raw materials which could be used. Of course the "rocks" around which develop that part of the map would not be mineable, essentially to "hard" for any form of equipment.

-Wildlife; Although probably the hardest thing to do because of lack of "deer/rabbit/bear" models with animations, and the factor of npcs of that calliber being unstable, i would like to have dynamic wildlife that could be hunted, move around and breed on their own. Sounds beautiful, but if ever Crussaria gets on it's feet in gmod, it would be something i would like to do.

Starting off in Crussaria

Of course with such a scale of Crussaria, things are likely to be very unbalanced all the time which does not make the task easy at all. Im still deciding in my mind how players should start off, no players will start off in high places unless they respectfully deserve such a position or if they donate alot of money and are veterans of our community. Most people will start off as freemen, bound to no man however having to pay alot of taxes, however i might make a option so you can choose to serve a lord or house.

Rank Tiers (Not final)

-Slaves; Lowest of the low, they are people owned by someone else, they have no rights.
-Criminals; Hated by all who know their identity, anyone from rapists to cannibals suit this class.
-Peasants; Workers of the land, peasants are free to move around territory governed by a house, they are not allowed to own property but can get a permit, all produce goes to the lord they serve and pay a taxes too often in money or extra produce they make.
-Freemen; These are people who can come and go as they please, however they have to pay tax on land where they are and there are restrictions on what they can do i.e. build, marry, produce etc.
-Soldiers; Much less a tier but more of a class given to those who serve the banner of a house/king/lord. However, soldiers are classed higher than other underling classes.
-Nobleman; Those of nobel birth serve a multitude of different purposes, some are lords, others knights, councilers, generals and high up ranks of the Crussaria universe.
--------------More tiers to come------------

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Crafting

Crafting is a very important part of the game, things can be developed from raw materials and combined to make a multitude of things. Ill write some examples bellow.

Tree -> Log -> Plank -> Wood Flooring
Tree -> Log -> Handle

Development of a Arrow

Tree -> Log -> Arrow Shaft -------------------> Arrow
Chicken -> Feathers  ---------------------------^
Iron -> Iron Ore -> Iron Bar -> Arrow Head^

Iron -> Iron Ore -> Iron Bar -> Blunt Axe Head
Flint -> Sharpened Axe Head
Sharpened Axe Head + Handle -> Sharpened Axe

Tools of the trade

Pickaxe; For Mining.
Axe; Chopping trees.