So, let's try this again.

Started by Dragon, 21-04-2012

What do you think is wrong with Crussaria?

Lack of events/activities for Peasants.
12 (60%)
Lack of larger events.
3 (15%)
The activity of the Administrators.
12 (60%)
A friendlier (Albeit Detailed) lore to follow.
10 (50%)
Lack of forum activity.
5 (25%)
Other (Please post details)
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Dragon

Self Explanatory title. I feel like people have given up on Crussaria now, and it's actually made me curious as to what people find awry about it. It's evident in my mind as to what the cause is after consulting the majority of the (ex-)population as to what they think the problem with Crussaria is.
Granted, there are people who do not like Crussaria, or those who do not wish to play it because they do not like the whole scene of medieval or fantasy roleplaying, but as with everything, there's the opposite end of the spectrum with those who do enjoy the setting.

Now, I pose these questions to everyone who reads this thread.
What do you think is wrong with Crussaria?
What do you think could be changed to rectify this problem?

There's no right or wrong answers, I just want to verify what I think of this situation, and I also want to get a mindset of what the average person might think of it and how they would act.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Gonztah

Not enough active admins doing things, and when I first tried it out I was robbed several times. /me slices your throat etc. Also the fights HAVE to be /mes otherwise it's just retarded running about. And peasants were ignored completely when I played, all I can think of for now.

crusader :D

Need to demote inactive administrators-- replace them with dedicated users. As stated in above post, Crussaria needs more activity published toward the peasants; basically good events from time to time. Something.. big to lure people into the server's borders. Hell, I'd love to create good events every single day. An event a day keeps the players at bay, heh. Also, how about more activity on the forums section of Crussaria, as it promotes activity in general with Crussaria.

Ket

Quote from: crusader :D on 21-04-2012
Need to demote inactive administrators-- replace them with dedicated users. As stated in above post, Crussaria needs more activity published toward the peasants; basically good events from time to time. Something.. big to lure people into the server's borders. Hell, I'd love to create good events every single day. An event a day keeps the players at bay, heh. Also, how about more activity on the forums section of Crussaria, as it promotes activity in general with Crussaria.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Dragon

Alright. Whilst I am at it, I'm going to splash down with a poll listing a your ideas and also more I can think of from the top of my head.
Just there to cater to the needs of people who just drop in and leave without postin' anything.
Likewise, wouldn't be a good poll if it didn't have an Other tab, which details for them to otherwise state, which they probably wont.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Plunger

The problem with Crussaria is that there isn't a way to gear whore.

Passive RP isn't popular at HGN which is a shame.

Zstan

It's so boring, I can't play for more than 10 minutes.

There's 25 people on and they are all bandits and/or mercenaries.

And they all act like this: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9066/2012011000002.jpg

KingArthur

Quote from: Zstan on 21-04-2012
It's so boring, I can't play for more than 10 minutes.

There's 25 people on and they are all bandits and/or mercenaries.

And they all act like this: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9066/2012011000002.jpg
amen

Madcombat

Me and Headcrabs have been working hard to fixing the issues players  have been having with Crussaria.

Starting with the lore, me and Headcrabs have simplified it and shortened it so its quite brief.  We'll be working on individual threads dedicated to a certain aspect in the future.  However the simplified thread is there for those who want to quickly understand what they do not.
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/crussaria-lore-history/simplified-crussaria-lore-%28official%29/msg159909/#new

I've added a Militia since the Guards are practically dead.  The Militia will work so it can both guard and do soldiering duties.  However we need people to apply, I am planning to host a training session on Crussaria with the Militia once up and running so expect plenty of Passive roleplay and formation training *Cough* phalanx *Cough* and prehaps some Legionaire styled formations to make things more intresting, asides from that we'll be training you all in swordplay and how to effectively use the shield.  If nothing happens, expect Conscription from those not bothered to apply as you can join IC'ly as well.
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/factions-77/stormhelm-militia-%28application-thread%29/msg159919/#new

We've now got a prime antagonist being "The Damned" which is the undead.  Its a prime antagonist to help players realise there is more to Crussaria then goblins and Orcs but threats.  The Damned in the future may spawn plagues that should help Passive roleplay go further.

We plan to fix the gearwhore issue by giving the player more things to work towards, the reason gearwhore occures is because people can only work towards better gear, we need to offer more.  (We might bring back the housing system as thats one way to give players to work towards somthing, we may leave some houses free for roleplay. But note, there would be bonuses to owning a house.)

Inactive administrators is out of our hands, however Exile has a eye on the Crussaria administration team *Cough* Shape up *Cough*

And thats about it for news, any more issues or advise go ahead and post it.  We'll try and fix it for you.

Zombiedance

I've been trying to get my old group to join the server. I've gotten several of them to download the content but there waiting for me before they get on the server and start getting active on it. This is a problem because I've been rather screwed over with exams in pretty much a week along side a bunch of AP Human Geography tests which are not helping my ability to get active. I pin 4/8/12 as the end of it all and when I can finally start joining the server and being useful.

Anyways sorry for my inactivity I'm going to try to clear up as much time each day as I can to try to join the server. Some days I might not be able to do much to clear up time but other days I should be able to clear up like a couple hours mid day. I don't know how long it has been since I've had a day were I've just laid at home and been able to play games without one bother or worry. None the less I'm hoping to get A LOT more active after these damn exams.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Madcombat on 22-04-2012

We plan to fix the gearwhore issue by giving the player more things to work towards, the reason gearwhore occures is because people can only work towards better gear, we need to offer more.  (We might bring back the housing system as thats one way to give players to work towards somthing, we may leave some houses free for roleplay. But note, there would be bonuses to owning a house.)

That's not "fixing the gear whoring issue" that is catering to it.

Steven :D

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-04-2012

Make it so you lose everything upon death (itemwise) since there aren't (or at least shouldn't be) public safeboxes?

lolKieck

Quote from: Steven :D on 27-04-2012
Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-04-2012

Make it so you lose everything upon death (itemwise) since there aren't (or at least shouldn't be) public safeboxes?
Rommel & Co. taught us not to do that.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌