Skill and Professions Info/Roster

Started by Cutch, 24-07-2011

Cutch

In Crussaria, a simple apprenticeship system is used for skills. A master of a profession/skill will take on an apprentice in exchange for a debt and their service. The apprentice will work for free, and will pay off his training to his mentor once he has established himself as a professional. Once an apprentice has finished his training, he will become a Journeyman and either set up his own shop or work with another fellow in his profession. Once a Journeyman becomes experienced enough, he will become a Renown man, famous for his crafting. The only person trusted above a Renown tradesman is a Master. Masters are the people who have been around for what seems to be forever, and are capable of training apprentices themselves. Unfortunately, Masters usually do not train apprentices unless they show promise due to the cost of paying for another person's food and housing. Due to this, apprentices are often malnourished and sleep on the floors of the shop if his mentor is not of particular wealth.

Alchemy

Alchemy is the process by which a person mixes different plant compounds, meta and produces potions and poisons. Tools include a mortar and pestel, beaker, burner, and other chemistry materials. Alchemists are trained to identify plants, their effects, and how to prepare them for potions and poisons.

Master - Knows almost any potion, poison, their effects and how they are made. Capable of taking on an apprentice.
Bec Descorev - Plunger
Veleno Trenso Blackscale - Ravanger

Alchemist -Does not own a shop, but may work out of a tent or works along a Renown or Master tradesman
none

Apprentice Alchemist

Mining

Mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the earth, from an ore body, vein or (coal) seam. In Crussaria, miners extract ore(copper,iron,silver,gold), smelt it into ingots, then sell it to a blacksmith or a jeweler. While not always necessarily a profitable profession, many miners have struck wealth in their underground tunnels. Relying on a mix of luck and skill, many miners pray not to strike gold, but instead to make it through the work day without being killed by spiders, goblins or other hostile inhabitants of the mines.

Foreman(Master) - Foremen often head mining operations for the king and monitor the workforce. If you chose to work as a miner, these men will see to it you survive, because they would rather not go through the effort of finding and training another man.
Sarah Murray - Tom
Charles Stage - Zombiedance
Yok Kennings - Skybroke

Miners -Simple miners, they started perhaps two weeks, maybe a month ago.
None

Orewhores(Apprentice) -The equivalent to an apprentice. Ore-whores get their name from the veteran miners that bore witness to the flood of excited human miners in search of riches. Ore-whores often are sent infront of the veteran miners as intentional bait.
Hector Dantius - Emperor Bobby

Blacksmithing

Smithing is the profession governing the formation and repair of metal armors, weapons, and shields. As with mining, smithing was a profession once majorly populated by dwarves, however since the hold of the humans choked out the power of the olden races, it has proved to be difficult for dwarves to find themselves in a human village. This is surprising, due to their renown skill.

Master Smith - Can smith any material(or close to it), repair almost any item(given the time and coin), and fashion a brilliant blade, keen as a hawk's eye.
Paul Krita - KingArthur
Thomas Langley- Duran

Standard Smith -Usually works for a Master Smith or owns a small shop/tent.
None

Apprentice
Blacksmith Hesphos Gandados-|HGN|Brandon Lent

Woodworking

Woodworking, the age old art of crafting with with mother natures most basic resource, and abundant resource, wood. This can range anywhere from fletching, the art of making aerodynamic arrows, and crafting of furniture.

Master Woodworker - Can craft the most elegant pieces, and carve out the slickest of bows.
Oraan Fletch - MikeyWrenn
Romulous Beck - AirMage
? - Vortigoat

Standard Woodworker -Usually works for a Master Woodworker.
None

Apprentice
None

Tailoring/Tanning

You wear the work of a tailor at all times, from clothing, to leather packs, and all the in between, they are the go to men for cotten, and leather supplies.

Master Tailor - Can craft the most elegant pieces, and carve out the slickest of bows.
Marcus Black - Steven

Standard Tailor -Usually works for a Master Woodworker.
None

Apprentice
Tenel Asire - Tundruff

WIP

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Frostee

Baking and Tailoring could be two of the professions.

darkzerxx

Rangers- Experts in the bow and other weapons such as knives. Guardians of the forest and all its inhabitants they can blend almost perfectly with their surroundings making them one of the kings most loyal assassins.

I think they are amazing for role play because they would pick out there apprentice and teach them for years in the way of a ranger so they could also protect the area in which they are assigned to protect by the king.

Great description of the lore is a book called Rangers apprentice

http://www.rangersapprentice.com/
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Frostee

Duranblackraven

Quote from: darkzerxx on 28-07-2011
Rangers- Experts in the bow and other weapons such as knives. Guardians of the forest and all its inhabitants they can blend almost perfectly with their surroundings making them one of the kings most loyal assassins.

I think they are amazing for role play because they would pick out there apprentice and teach them for years in the way of a ranger so they could also protect the area in which they are assigned to protect by the king.

I'll murder you if you use that book as a front and botch it.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 28-07-2011

I'll murder you if you use that book as a front and botch it.
I would never... I fucking love that book, gonna go buy book 10 tomorrow for my Birthday! :D

Steven :D

Hell yeah, I have all the books up to 9. Great series.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Steven :D on 29-07-2011

Hell yeah, I have all the books up to 9. Great series.
Agreed now I must get the final one.

But main point I think it would be a great part of rp if we could have rangers and it have a long term apprentice rp like months or year to be come master or and have postions inbetween

Recreas

Ehm this applications are more for like the crafting skills. So that we start with one master blacksmith, fletcher and etc that can have apprentices and continue to spread their knowledge and also use this to craft tools. A ranger isn't much of a crafting skill but more of a class like in oblivion which you would develop yourself over time in the roleplay.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

swacko

I have one question regarding the professions, if I may post in this very old thread without getting flamed for necroing(seriously, my apologies if this is inappropriate). Would I have to become an apprentice in, say alchemy, by IC actions or do I apply on the forums? I could not find an application thread or something the like for becoming an apprentice.

whyku

When you first make a person you get a contract you then can use that to become a apprentice in most any profession.

You get the contract when you make a person then you bring it to the guild master In-game then you make what one you want to become a apprentice in.

swacko

Quote from: whyku on 26-12-2011
When you first make a person you get a contract you then can use that to become a apprentice in most any profession.

That still does not explaim the entire process...