Real Estate Overhaul

Started by Dragon, 26-04-2012

Dragon

Since the system implemented by Paintcheck and friends that was made for mountain village has withered up and evidently died along with the rest of the server, I've taken the liberty of re-installing the old system, except with a few touch modifications. This means that houses will be permanently owned once more.
All buildings are now numbered in an orderly fashion. That's ALL buildings. Prices will be set in accordance to the quality and location of the house, and will be a great deal lower than they previously were.*

Upon purchase of a house, the new owner is immediately entitled to having a set of static props to act as furniture, and is also granted a passworded chest to safely store their items inside of. These are the initial basic rights thus far. There is a good chance that there will be future additions made.
To anyone who wishes to purchase a house, they will have to contact me about it. Feel free to add me via the name 'Headcrabs35' and I will more or less accept the invite. I run on GMT hours, so you should be able to work out when I am on.

*By purchasing a house, you are expected to reply to the Roster Sweeps that will occur for the home owners. Anyone who doesn't respond will be put on a list, and then have their property rights removed from their character after a week, with only partial refund.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Paintcheck

Since everyone just gets 15+ of their friends together to buy houses anyway what is the point of making them ownable? If half the server is using one house, just leave it open. It's very annoying when every building on the map is locked and no one is on actually USING the building. If someone needs to lock the door they can use the normal Open Aura rent system to own the building while they are actually ON THE SERVER and using it. Just put some furnishings in every building, static'd, and leave them open.

That, coupled with MV being very small, was why Real Estate was killed. Also because the people selling real estate weren't keeping track of it and no one knew which houses were open or not.

Madcombat

One thing Headcrabs forgot to mention was that some homes will be free for the pure reason so people can roleplay having a home, however there will be NO benefits to those homes.

Paintcheck

That makes more sense.