Ravendale Additional Buildings

Started by Silver Knight, 09-12-2011

Silver Knight

Ravendale Additional Buildings

What buildings would you like to see added to Ravendale? More taverns? A dedicated Blacksmith area? A forgery? More houses small\large? Discuss it here.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Recreas

A Church/Chapel, but you were already adding one if I'm correct. Maybe some improvements to the house you made for the Nobles, it now looks the same as the other Large/expensive housing. Barracks for the guards, they already have a somewhat barrack like building but it lacks the looks. And well... keep up the good work with mapping.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Silver Knight

Quote from: Recreas on 09-12-2011
A Church/Chapel, but you were already adding one if I'm correct. Maybe some improvements to the house you made for the Nobles, it now looks the same as the other Large/expensive housing. Barracks for the guards, they already have a somewhat barrack like building but it lacks the looks. And well... keep up the good work with mapping.

I am indeed going to add a church.

The church will have a the lobby area, with pews and a stand. A underchapel where bodies are cept and one or two bedrooms down there. Maybe a balcony area which can be reached by teleport.

The "nobles" house thing with the teleporter is fine, it's large enough as it and is the only one to actually have a basement.

The "barracks" that is currently used is not supposed to be a barracks, it's supposed to be more of a guild house. The actual barracks will be inside the keep.

ZainMenloe

Not really a Nessecity, but a simple Library would be nice. Oh, and maybe a small 'camp' outside of Ravensdale?

Other than that, just homes. There is only one noble house, and Its owned by Alii 'Sky' So...

P.S. LOVE the map! Great work with it!

Storm_Shield

Add a broken house that you can go in still and there's a wooden ladder that leads you into a secret underground room.

I could use it for a thief.
I'm back from the dead...

Gonztah

Quote from: Storm_Shield on 09-12-2011
Add a broken house that you can go in still and there's a wooden ladder that leads you into a secret underground room.

Yeah then watch the place get metagamed the shit out of it.

Silver Knight

Sounds like a good idea, will do.

Quote from: Gonztah on 09-12-2011

Yeah then watch the place get metagamed the shit out of it.

Who says there won't be several rundown homes like this? :)

KingArthur

DARK... BROTHERHOOD....

Gonztah

Quote from: KingArthur on 09-12-2011

DARK... BROTHERHOOD....
Stop right there criminal scum!

endaf6

Maybe add more stalls in the market if possible or a small/average/large castle but I guess you'd need more space to add that, just a thought. :)
A bit closer to heaven.

Shadon

Quote from: endaf6 on 09-12-2011
Maybe add more stalls in the market if possible or a small/average/large castle but I guess you'd need more space to add that, just a thought. :)

Some castles would be pretty awesome  :P  Maybe you could then add certain factions who control these castles.
I once met a Scotsman who set a house on fire, using nothing but water.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Shadon on 09-12-2011
Quote from: endaf6 on 09-12-2011

Some castles would be pretty awesome  :P  Maybe you could then add certain factions who control these castles.

That was the original idea however we lack the player-base to fulfill anything on that scale even if i were to create it.

Frostee

whyku

I think the barracks need better cells.
There should be more places to rob anywhere etc.
I think there should be a way to watch over the gate.
Watch towers.
I cage in the middle of town so people can throw things at him and what not.
Blacksmith
Bigger market
More guild buildings

Just a couple things that maybe could help.

Storm_Shield

Quote from: Gonztah on 09-12-2011
Quote from: KingArthur on 09-12-2011

DARK... BROTHERHOOD....
Stop right there criminal scum!

Not in Skyrim. :3
I'm back from the dead...

Recreas

Quote from: whyku on 09-12-2011
I think the barracks need better cells.
There should be more places to rob anywhere etc.
I think there should be a way to watch over the gate.
Watch towers.
I cage in the middle of town so people can throw things at him and what not.
Blacksmith
Bigger market
More guild buildings

Just a couple things that maybe could help.

Whyku.. that might be the smartest thing I have ever heard you say....
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

endaf6

How about a lumber mill for wood cutters or a wood cutters lodge in the forest or near the town, just some thoughts. :P
A bit closer to heaven.

ZainMenloe

Well, I got an Idea/want that I don't think will happen. A hidden room/basement it the tavern/curch/library (Or any other public building for that matter.

Madcombat

Any chance you could expand on the mines and crypt?  I would actually be quite happy to see a crypt that is quite much like Dark Messiahs tombs.  Asides from that we really do need what Whyku said.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Madcombat on 12-12-2011
Any chance you could expand on the mines and crypt?  I would actually be quite happy to see a crypt that is quite much like Dark Messiahs tombs.  Asides from that we really do need what Whyku said.

The mines won't be expanded, another entrance might be placed in there, but that's about it. Tombs will be expanded however.

ZainMenloe

Quote from: Last.Exile on 12-12-2011
Quote from: Madcombat on 12-12-2011

The mines won't be expanded, another entrance might be placed in there, but that's about it. Tombs will be expanded however.

^^^

One question about that spike pit though... Will that trigger be there halfway through still, cause I hate not being able to get past it. I like seeing the first button/pressure plate and I think there should be more traps like that.

Paintcheck

Making Taren's Point slightly easier to get to would be nice (maybe a straight-through path somewhere instead of having to go spelunking through the mines).

whyku

A trader post between both the towns.

(Don't have many traders so it makes it easy on them and everyone easy)

ZainMenloe

Quote from: whyku on 12-12-2011
A trader post between both the towns.

(Don't have many traders so it makes it easy on them and everyone easy)

If you have Tool Trust just build one yourself. I dont see much use it a halfway point trading post since the map is only a few steps big and since there are maybe a grand total of ?5? Traders. I'll agree with you on that once the map hits a certain size, or there are more traders, but until then, nope.

Madcombat

I'd like to see Tarens point look slightly abused due to the undead occupation.  I mean lets face it, its not going to take 1 minute to repair it like in the event that was hosted afew days ago where the gate was destroyed which resulted in it being repaired in 1 second...