Order of Palethon

Started by Zstan, 15-01-2012

Zstan

Nameless Song - Dark Souls Soundtrack

--------------------------
Background

The Order of Palethon grew in a massive city in Dragorfell Isles. A large cathedral placed there for people to pray on the deity of Palethon. They started off small, growing bigger as more children were brought in to the church. The priests would teach them the ways of holy and divine power. They would develop new ways to better their divine powers,  generated from the one and true god Palethon. They would pray to Palethon everyday, bettering the church in manys ways. The order would set up shrines in small cities, spreading the word of their humble deity. The church had heard of a godless land called Crussaria, finally sending one of their best Paladins to Crussaria in hopes of spreading Palethon's greatness, his name stretching far as the eye can see "Grelomas Althwyn" he would be called. He is humble, bringing people under his wing. He protected them, holding a close eye over them, teaching, and making sure they would steer to the path of the Divine and humble god Palethon.

OOC Information
Paladin characters are expected to demonstrate and embody goodness and law - they are not supposed to lie or use poison, and some interpretations say they should use stealth, missile weapons, and other forms of impersonal warfare only as a last resort. Switching to any alignment other than Lawful Good or breaching part of the Paladin's code of conduct results in a loss of all class abilities. The paladin is a champion of justice and destroyer of evil protected and strengthened by an array of divine powers. Most of these powers relate to providing benefits to those around the paladin.

There are a couple basic rules you must follow to become a paladin of Palethon.

1. You must be Lawful Good or Neutral Good.
2.  You must be mentored
3.  If you commit a un-lawful sin you will be punished and most likely PK'd

As a paladin you must..

1. Obey the teachings of Palethon
2. Vanquish all evil, if you happen upon an undead, smite it into oblivion
3. Follow the Grand-Master's instructions

Current Roster and Ranks

High-Priest
--
Oversees the church and gives orders to the paladins
There is currently no High-Priest

Grand-Master Paladin
--
Acts as the commander of the paladins, he also mentors new initiates
The current Grand-Master Paladin is: Grelomas Althwyn

Knight-Paladin
--
Acts as an officer for the Grand-Master Paladin can also mentor initiates
The current Knight-Paladin is: Karlena 'Teirith' Sentinel

Paladin
--
Acts as main troop in the Order

Initiate
--
Paladins in training

How to join

All recruitment is done in-character.
Come to the church and find Grelomas if you wish to join.

whyku

Looks like a good group we needed more paladin's.
But did you know you have to apply for a mage and with the new auth system its very hard so I would recommend you don't have people join IC. It seems like it would be alot of work to make someone a paladin like that.

Just trying to help we need more paladin's in CRP.

Zstan

Quote from: whyku on 15-01-2012
Looks like a good group we needed more paladin's.
But did you know you have to apply for a mage and with the new auth system its very hard so I would recommend you don't have people join IC. It seems like it would be alot of work to make someone a paladin like that.

Just trying to help we need more paladin's in CRP.

I'm authed for Holy magic.

Most paladins that would join would be "non-magic" paladins unless they receive an auth to use holy magic.

whyku

Ahhh...I thought we would have more paladin's.....I thought this group was to make paladin's.....

Zstan

Don't worry.
We still actively hunt down the undead and smite sinful law-breakers.

Unless the rules change, people without auths won't be able to ICly cast holy magic.

Harald

Neat group! I'll have to check this out sometime soon.

whyku

Can't there be someway to give them holly weapons? Just a idea.

Zstan

Possibly. If it was authed by the admins, it would work.

Sheumgal

Just as a preference, if you were to enter the group, would you be able to go right to a priest position? As a man of piety? Or would you need to go through the paladin training, etc. To become a priest?

EDIT: Never mind, I read more into it, and noticed that there was only a high priest position, sorry for the confusion.

Zstan

Quote from: Sheumgal on 15-01-2012
Just as a preference, if you were to enter the group, would you be able to go right to a priest position? As a man of piety? Or would you need to go through the paladin training, etc. To become a priest?

EDIT: Never mind, I read more into it, and noticed that there was only a high priest position, sorry for the confusion.

I considered adding in a priest position, but I decided against it because I thought people wouldn't like such passive roleplay.
But I'll add it if you're interested.

Sheumgal

Quote from: Zstan on 15-01-2012
Quote from: Sheumgal on 15-01-2012

I considered adding in a priest position, but I decided against it because I thought people wouldn't like such passive roleplay.
But I'll add it if you're interested.

Yeah! I would definitively be interested, religion passive is always interesting, and could put a nice twist on things. I could probably think of a few others, that would see it fit as well.

NexusProdigy

Isn't that Karlena person the one going around killing and kidnapping people with no good reason? She did it last night to one of the Arradorns, which got voided. Definently not getting a very good first impression on this group so far, atleast not on the server. But if it turns out like it says on here I think this group is a great idea.

Zstan

Quote from: NexusProdigy on 22-01-2012
Isn't that Karlena person the one going around killing and kidnapping people with no good reason? She did it last night to one of the Arradorns, which got voided. Definently not getting a very good first impression on this group so far, atleast not on the server. But if it turns out like it says on here I think this group is a great idea.

No idea.
Nobody tells me anything.

If you have evidence I'll hand out punishment.

ZainMenloe

Quote from: NexusProdigy on 22-01-2012

Karlena did kidnap an Arradorn, Princess Arradorn, and it wasn't expected or planned in any way, but there is a very good reason IC and OOC. IC reason, randsom, money, a very simple motive. OOC, it was good RP. I enjoy things like being kiddnapped, put into slavery, AKA nearly anything that my character wouldn't like.
And it got voided for a whole different reason, not just me getting taken hostage. Brewster is a great RPer, and hasn't done anything wrong on the server. There is no reason for punishment to happen.

Paintcheck

Wait a minute why is a PALADIN who in theory has sworn an oath of service/poverty be kidnapping people?

>Paladin falls

Madcombat

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-01-2012
Wait a minute why is a PALADIN who in theory has sworn an oath of service/poverty be kidnapping people?

>Paladin falls

That...

Time to get the unholy factions back on its feet.

KingArthur

Paladin is just representing his gods ideas, like a good god would produce a good paladin.

Chaqery

Quote from: Madcombat on 27-01-2012
That...

You say that as if there aren't blatant demons walking about Stormhelm. If anything, we could use a fairly powerful order of paladins in the town.
"While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth." - V for Vendetta

whyku

Quote from: Chaqery on 28-01-2012
Quote from: Madcombat on 27-01-2012
That...

You say that as if there aren't blatant demons walking about Stormhelm. If anything, we could use a fairly powerful order of paladins in the town.

Don't worry! I know a demon cult that can fix that!