Not another idea thread!

Started by Madcombat, 23-04-2012

Madcombat

You know it folks!
While me and Headcrabs have our attention focused on the Economy and traders alike.  We want to also bring more to the playerbase.  We want to (Aside from items) give players somthing to work towards.

So, I briefly came up with a idea.  Asides from attempting to bring back houses (Purchaseable houses) I thought a system of nobilty with perks would be great to implement.  It'll work out likely by the character paying out a sum for the title of nobility and having some goals to acheive to reach the title.
Asides from that, I have not got too many ideas as of right now as I am at college, so as we've proven your words go a long way to benefiting Crussaria.  So we leave it to you guys once again as the community.

The question:
What ideas do you have in terms of giving the players somthing to work towards/for.  Leave out Armor and weapons as that is currently being worked on. 
Thanks fella's, give us ideas and dont bash ideas.  The admin team will take ALL ideas into account.

PS: Stickied tempry for more attention.

Gonztah

Someones been playing the guild games :P. Anyway uhh perhaps some offices like in the guild games, like mayor and his assistants etc. Coming up with ideas is hard  ???

Tom

I wouldn't do this.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Madcombat

Quote from: Gonztah on 23-04-2012
Someones been playing the guild games :P. Anyway uhh perhaps some offices like in the guild games, like mayor and his assistants etc. Coming up with ideas is hard  ???

Not quite exactly what I planned in terms of titles of Nobility.  The idea of a title comes more from the element that you pay for more respect/be treated in a more noble way opposed to being treated like a rat.

Quote from: Tom on 23-04-2012
I wouldn't do this.

See above, I think that cleared what you was worried about up.  Either way these are suggestions.  If anyone want to disagree/agree thats fine.  Its the players choice after all.

Tom

I don't recall the last medeaval book/movie that I read/saw that involved someone buying into nobility. I mean, obviously a merchant or someone who obviously has more money is going to probably be treated better than a peasant, but they wouldn't be treated as a noble based on how much cash they have.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Madcombat

Quote from: Tom on 23-04-2012
I don't recall the last medeaval book/movie that I read/saw that involved someone buying into nobility. I mean, obviously a merchant or someone who obviously has more money is going to probably be treated better than a peasant, but they wouldn't be treated as a noble based on how much cash they have.

Fair enough, I'll look into the nobility aspect and report my findings here to you for your worries.

Tom

I have some ideas that I'll post when I'm not in school
Oh boy.

Madcombat

Righty, I just did a little research and you are right however I think I did read something about buying into nobles in France in the Medieval period.

For my idea for Crussaria, we could bring it down a notch and work it like a bribe in a way.  You pay out a sum so you can be featured as a upper class citizen.  Thus more respect.  I did read that Nobility normally comes from the military, so if players want to get some form of Nobility, joining something such as the Militia would be a good start.

And please do post your ideas when your out of school, I look forward to hearing them.  Anyone else with any ideas go ahead and spill them and we'll be sure to take them into concideration.

Zen

In history it has always been either you've been born into it or honored with it. However it is possible to become Nobility through money; Only in the form of, I am rich I own land therefore I own people and I am nobility and mix with Nobility.

Generally, if you owned land or had some take into the econemy such as providing food or cattle by owning a pasture you were seen as Nobility.

lolKieck

Actually in noble Poland you had to get at least two people who could say that you have noble blood, which means you can bribe a few nobles to become a noble yourself.

And suuuure, a local militiaman can become a noble.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

ThY

Quote from: Zen on 23-04-2012
In history it has always been either you've been born into it or honored with it. However it is possible to become Nobility through money; Only in the form of, I am rich I own land therefore I own people and I am nobility and mix with Nobility.

Generally, if you owned land or had some take into the econemy such as providing food or cattle by owning a pasture you were seen as Nobility.
Peasants would provide food for their lord, by using the lords cattle (you could buy your own, a faction of it's produce was still sent to the mannor as a living tax), pasture and (with a separate tax) buildings such as the mill. In return the peasants had right to live in the lords land under his protection. Therefor in Britain 1300, every peasant is seen as nobility in your view as they provide food for their landowners?

Sorry, medieval england be my speciality. Which is what Crussaria has been loosly based upon

Madcombat

Quote from: ThY on 23-04-2012

Peasants would provide food for their lord, by using the lords cattle (you could buy your own, a faction of it's produce was still sent to the mannor as a living tax), pasture and (with a separate tax) buildings such as the mill. In return the peasants had right to live in the lords land under his protection. Therefor in Britain 1300, every peasant is seen as nobility in your view as they provide food for their landowners?

Sorry, medieval england be my speciality. Which is what Crussaria has been loosly based upon

Thanks for the input on that matter guys, ThY I still need to speak to you about your house Arradorn.

Plunger

Nobility is only through blood, buying into it would be very silly, and unreasonable. I've been having good RP'ers get positions inside my noble family, as true bloods, or bastards.