Magic Backstory

Started by MattyK, 04-01-2009

MattyK

Quote from: Akira
Quote from: MattyK Mmkay, but back to other things at hand...

Ley Lines and such... should they be added too?

I think Ley Lines are a very good thing, but how do you want to use them ingame? Everybody could create a character with the name of the ley line and say "HAI I HAS NAME LIEK LINE! GIMMEH MAH POWARZ!" (Sorry for that leet-speach.. I need that sometimes. ._.)

I didn't consider that, although the thought should be clarified as Mingery and just blatant Metagame.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Plunger

Ley Lines would be weird to map though.

Akira

Uhm, sorry. <_>

MattyK

Quote from: Plunger Ley Lines would be weird to map though.

Who says we have to "map" em?
I could just spawn a few good props, and assemble them in a matter that resembles one!
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Plunger

Yes, That good work, Also, When you make a new apprentice have their elemental magicite spring up on a ley line signaling to people that a mage was given his full power.

MattyK

Hmm...
Actually, maybe have the Apprentice harvest a sample of his Elemental Magicite for his stave...
Wow, alot of possibilities, and it's looking easier to understand than Olden.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Plunger

The stave idea is really good.

MattyK

Going to bed, continue the discussion, but don't get into any big descisions.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Nines

Kinda off topic from this, But I agree with most of the others, no damn Mage's Guild. A small council is a better idea, with some of the most powerful ones in it. And for Necromancers, support, build up your mage power, and turn to the dark side if ya want.

Nines

Also, (sorry if this was already posted, didnt read it all)

MAGIC SPECIALIZATION YAAAAY. Let's say an Ice mage takes you under his wing, he's not gunna teach you Earth magic, he's gunna teach you Ice!

Plunger

Nine read the whole topic, It's got that covered.

Nines

Will later, but good.

MattyK

Follow my Twitter HERE!

MattyK

But otherwise, Discuss!
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Dom

Me, Nikolaz and Akira are working on something..

MattyK

Quote from: Plunger That would be unfair if only two people had the power to kill entire armies. Also, I mean like if your the head wizard, you pick the people to train and once their finished after maybe a week or longer they get to pick their magic decendance.

Well which would you rather have?
2 people with the Power to kill armies, plus the Apprentice System.
Or 30 or so "LOLMAGE" abusers, who just play for the sake of killing people with Magic?
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Dom

I prefer the idea of giant stones (magicite) throughout different continents, these stones grant great powers to people but are sadly gone due to overuse (they corroded away or something).. This would tie into the backstory im doing for the Order of Merlin. (It will also tie into the tale of the holy grail).

MattyK

Quote from: Dom I prefer the idea of giant stones (magicite) throughout different continents, these stones grant great powers to people but are sadly gone due to overuse (they corroded away or something).. This would tie into the backstory im doing for the Order of Merlin. (It will also tie into the tale of the holy grail).

They are not Overused, just corrupted with the self-destructive Zealotry of "Kira's Sacrifice", which means if any Magic users other than the Daern attempt to apporach em, Killed + Kaboom.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Plunger

I'm not even picking a faction. Waiting for the server to be up so I can try to apply IC'ly to be MattyK's apprentice.

MattyK

Quote from: Plunger I'm not even picking a faction. Waiting for the server to be up so I can try to apply IC'ly to be MattyK's apprentice.

It may be easy for one of my kind to make a great Backstory, but it takes months of Fantasy Novels to make something truly epic.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Plunger

Then me reading books like, The Samerilion, Lord of the Rings, Dragon Blood, and others.

Nikolaz72

Does Discworld count?
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Plunger

Matty, I thought you weren't making a faction on the forum which is why I said that. I'll applying for yours when your done.

Krieg

GUYS GUYS! SINCE I AM A MAGICIAN I HAVE CREATED A SPELL! LOOK!

ALLAH AKBAR!

Plunger

Krieg I recommend you stop being a douche that you weren't chosen for the so called, "OP'ed" classes and grow up....