Lets fix Crussaria, the list.

Started by Madcombat, 16-04-2012

Madcombat

Ok, so listen up folks. 

The time has come for us to take Crussaria and rebuild it.  Yes, I mean making the lore more friendly to players.  I'll elaborate later on.
I want to fix this disorginisation and confusion in terms of factions and "What do I do when I join."  Lets face the damn light, Crussaria has not been lore friendly to the average new player.  I've had this drummed into my ear for some time now and I believe it.  We need to fix that.

So here it goes, King Arther is doing a great job in getting us event maps, but they will only work for a time when those maps are released.  We need to get the Crussaria community stable and fast for it.  Yes, the team has promised this in the past and nothing has happened.  I want to give show HGN that this can be a new leaf for Crussaria, a new start.  I'm going to throw forward what I personally think needs to happen and what we need to remove/change.  By all means, I would love nearly everyone who visits this thread to throw a idea down even if they know the community might go along and disagree.  If you see a idea, do not disagree with it, just state your own.  This isnt for ripping ideas apart, we can do that later in a correct fashion.

Let me begin in what I think.

Starting with the lore, although we've got threads upon threads.  It doesnt quite cover some matters people bring up to my ear.  It leaves people lost, especially since whats happened recently in the server.  Yes, I'll briefly bring up the past canon ideas such as the winter and the rebel ideas that never lifted from the ground.  Its left the canon out of place and we need to fix that.  We need to say what is what quickly.  We need to explain where abouts we are in Crussaria.  What the main antagonist of the theme is currently.  (I'd nominate my undead threat, there is so much there and from what I've taken in account, majority like super natural events.)
Tl;Dr:  It needs to be reworked.

The admin team
All TO's should have a week to prove they are active, those who are active should get the attention they require to become a decent admin, training and learning.  Admins such as I was left to our own devices and were unguided.  This was a problem and soon TO's became inactive.  I would nominate Xin for promotion, he in my eyes is worthy of a promotion.  Though I have not seen King Arther in game, his dedication in mapping for a event deserves attention.  I'd ADVISE him for a promotion as well.

Plot characters
Special characters who will interact with regular characters to provide roleplay and a casual intrest in Crussaria. The roles of these plot characters will have a more likely chance to interact with the current lore of Crussaria while gaining assistance from the regular characters.  Although alot of you may disagree with this, but I believe in Crussaria we need to emphisis on the fact that everyone has the potential be become a important figure.  Having plot characters can help push those who seek adventure and quest into what they seek.  It can push those who are confused and bored into adventure and quest.  Lets face it, no one likes being a peasent.  Although it'd be nice thats just not how people would enjoy themselves.  Plot characters as I said can push people into the direction they want to go and help them develop in that direction.

Its getting late lads, I'll add to this in afew hours when I have time however I would like you to not comment on my suggestions but instead throw your own suggestions out there.  Hell, I'll even permit you guys to say "Remove Crussaria" as a option because its defiantly a option.  Do not pull apart suggestions just yet, we'll do it in another thread.  Till then get posting.

Lent23

The real fix: Don't scrap Crussaria, but put it on hold. Keep the files for it, but remove the server for now. Focus on SRP and FORP and SRP. The SRP server should have the most work done on it, and Silver is working pretty hard on it right now. There's not enough time for three servers, and I think that if Silver works on SRP, and maybe a little sometimes on FORP, HGN would be a lot better. Most people who play GMod aren't looking for medieval, to be honest.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Ragolution

Quote from: Lent23 on 16-04-2012
The real fix: Don't scrap Crussaria, but put it on hold.

We already did this, twice.

Plunger

I love how when Paint asks for suggestions, you bitch at him Mad for an entire thread. Then as soon as he leaves, you ask for the same suggestions he asked for. In other words, you can't really talk shit about admins working for their own ambitions, if that's exactly what you are doing right now.

Lent23

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-04-2012

Scrap it entirely right now.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-04-2012

Scrap it entirely right now.

Plunger

Quote from: Madcombat on 16-04-2012
Plot characters
Special characters who will interact with regular characters to provide roleplay and a casual intrest in Crussaria. The roles of these plot characters will have a more likely chance to interact with the current lore of Crussaria while gaining assistance from the regular characters.  Although alot of you may disagree with this, but I believe in Crussaria we need to emphisis on the fact that everyone has the potential be become a important figure.  Having plot characters can help push those who seek adventure and quest into what they seek.  It can push those who are confused and bored into adventure and quest.  Lets face it, no one likes being a peasent.  Although it'd be nice thats just not how people would enjoy themselves.  Plot characters as I said can push people into the direction they want to go and help them develop in that direction.
We had to actually come together as an admin team, and remove the powers of your, "Plot Character", because you were using him to do crazy stuff like metagame everything saying your god told you, and then on a Paladin, fucked a demon woman, and didn't expect it to remove your powers.

jaik

Put Crussaria on hold for now. It's not ready at the moment and you're not going to have a successful restart while Silver is working on STALKER RP.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Madcombat

Thanks for the comments guys.  I expecting nothing less then the "Scrap it" or "Put it on hold".  I can defiantly tell you that its a option.  Briefly going to put it here.  Any comments that stray from the rules I've placed in this thread I am ignoring since I noticed its defiantly not going to help come to a solution, infact counter productive.  For those who might be wondering why I bothered doing this thread its a last ditch effort.   
Keep up with the suggestions guys.

Plunger

Quote from: Madcombat on 17-04-2012
Thanks for the comments guys.  I expecting nothing less then the "Scrap it" or "Put it on hold".  I can defiantly tell you that its a option.  Briefly going to put it here.  Any comments that stray from the rules I've placed in this thread I am ignoring since I noticed its defiantly not going to help come to a solution, infact counter productive.  For those who might be wondering why I bothered doing this thread its a last ditch effort.   
Keep up with the suggestions guys.
No comment on how you're trying to act like an SV?

crusader :D

..Yeah, I agree with Plunger. You've just bashed Paintcheck in, and now ask for suggestions. Maybe we should bash you in! And who the fuck are you to make decisions? I mean hell, all of a sudden you appear as if the new Paintcheck? Nobody has been chosen as the supervisor yet, and sadly, I don't think anybody will be, due to 3/4 of the playerbase not caring to lend a vote, or.. eh, volunteer themselves. Unless of course they are powerhungry. To be honest guys, Paintcheck was the best supervisor, and was probably going to be the last best one for Crussaria. If you hadn't had fucked him over, maybe we would still have nice things.

nKe

Damn Crusader knows this community well... He must been around for long.
As Jake said, smartest move would be to put Crussaria on hold, it cant be revived when SK is working on SRP.
I havent played much Crussaria, but I got few things that needs to be fixed if you still wish to revive crussaria:

-Peasants are nearly IGNORED in RP.
-You need to App for magic or other shit to get into the game, otherwise you are ignored.
-Lore. I mean it's clear that someone has put alot effort into it, but sadly, it is a confusing mess.
-Plunger

Madcombat

So its clear we want Crussaria on hold so it may be fixed.  Righty, keep up the suggestions guys.  I'm going to speak to Tom about getting Crussaria on hold since it seems like the most advised thing to do from the entire community.  In the mean time instead of wasting peoples time with Crussaria's activity, I'd like to request people throw in ideas in this thread like I've been saying.  Activity defiantly is not going to raise just yet, especially like Crusader pointed out we have no SV's currently.  However we should be using the downtime we may get to work on the lore and other Crussaria forum related things.  More communication is required so lets hope we can acheive this time round.

Plunger

Quote from: Madcombat on 17-04-2012
So its clear we want Crussaria on hold so it may be fixed.  Righty, keep up the suggestions guys.  I'm going to speak to Tom about getting Crussaria on hold since it seems like the most advised thing to do from the entire community.  In the mean time instead of wasting peoples time with Crussaria's activity, I'd like to request people throw in ideas in this thread like I've been saying.  Activity defiantly is not going to raise just yet, especially like Crusader pointed out we have no SV's currently.  However we should be using the downtime we may get to work on the lore and other Crussaria forum related things.  More communication is required so lets hope we can acheive this time round.
Why are you ignoring everything is saying and spouting a bunch of bullshit?  "Oh these comments are about me, I better jus ignore them so I can focus on getting SV.".

Chrono

Quote from: Nik3 on 17-04-2012
Damn Crusader knows this community well... He must been around for long.
As Jake said, smartest move would be to put Crussaria on hold, it cant be revived when SK is working on SRP.
I havent played much Crussaria, but I got few things that needs to be fixed if you still wish to revive crussaria:

-Peasants are nearly IGNORED in RP.
-You need to App for magic or other shit to get into the game, otherwise you are ignored.
-Lore. I mean it's clear that someone has put alot effort into it, but sadly, it is a confusing mess.
-Plunger

Yup all of this

Plunger

I would suggest Crussaria just be put down for the moment until everything can be sorted out, and one of the problems is that MadCombat basically pushed Paint, and Rav to resigning by constantly complaining about everything they did to try, and help because they stropped him off his powers IC'ly, then after they were removed, asked the same question Paintcheck did, but hoped no one would notice. All in all, Crussaria isn't coming back on it's feet anytime soon, and this thread is a grab for power by Madcombat.

Right now what the server needs is downtime if it ever wants to get back on its feet, which it might not even do after that. There are Canon threads made, that people like Spades apparently can't find in the section labeled LORE, that I'm going to compile into a megathread.

QuoteThe admin team
All TO's should have a week to prove they are active, those who are active should get the attention they require to become a decent admin, training and learning.  Admins such as I was left to our own devices and were unguided.  This was a problem and soon TO's became inactive.  I would nominate Xin for promotion, he in my eyes is worthy of a promotion.  Though I have not seen King Arther in game, his dedication in mapping for a event deserves attention.  I'd nominate him for a promotion as well.
You don't decide that Madcombat.

I might trying back to the previous ideas for Crussaria, Adventurers Guild gets up, and running, I'll do events like I did before with lots of dungeon aspects, quests will be given, hopefully it will make it more interesting for the people who haven't tried it.

INA7HAN

Scrap Crussaria and leave HGN with the remaining servers. We can't have 4 GMOD servers it drains the playerbase away from one and leaves it dead. SRP is being worked on to a high standard currently, FORP is probably going to be worked on after that. HL2RP that has hardly anyone on from what i have seen in my timezone. SRP seems to be getting the most attention currently with the playerbase and the admin team, most likely due to all the updates it's getting. I've tried Crussaria and didn't like it to be honest and from what all these comments are saying that the medieval theme isn't very enthraling. If a decent amount of people don't like the topic, then it should be scraped. Maybe sell the idea to another community if you can do that, which i have no idea about. Maybe fill the server gap by making the ARMA 2 STALKER RP project official with it's own server on the forum, that will bring in hopefully a lot more people who are ARMA fans. Maybe some of these ARMA fans own GMOD and they might check out the other servers?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Ket

All I ask is people and admins to be more active.

And yes, more peasant-friendly events.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Paintcheck

Quote from: INA7HAN on 17-04-2012
Scrap Crussaria and leave HGN with the remaining servers. We can't have 4 GMOD servers it drains the playerbase away from one and leaves it dead. SRP is being worked on to a high standard currently, FORP is probably going to be worked on after that. HL2RP that has hardly anyone on from what i have seen in my timezone. SRP seems to be getting the most attention currently with the playerbase and the admin team, most likely due to all the updates it's getting. I've tried Crussaria and didn't like it to be honest and from what all these comments are saying that the medieval theme isn't very enthraling. If a decent amount of people don't like the topic, then it should be scraped. Maybe sell the idea to another community if you can do that, which i have no idea about. Maybe fill the server gap by making the ARMA 2 STALKER RP project official with it's own server on the forum, that will bring in hopefully a lot more people who are ARMA fans. Maybe some of these ARMA fans own GMOD and they might check out the other servers?

So your plan is to shut down the server that had a problem with interest in the community (thereby NOT leeching anyone from any other server; that's why there's no playerbase) and bring up a server (ArmA 2) that actually DOES leech people by being very similar to a Gmod server people like? You might want to rethink that idea.

I think at this point Crusaria's done for a while.