June 7th Server "Open House"

Started by Zombiedance, 08-05-2012

Zombiedance

This is just an idea, but essentially on June 4th early in the morning ( 8am est ) we will crowd the server with as many players HGN as we can and invite as many players as we can. Then "pretty" up the server to the best of our abilities to make it look very attractive. Now since school will have been ended for most people around June 7th there will likely be a larger gmod playerbase thus drawing them to the server due to player count ( as we all know ). As the new and/or returning players join we will try to coax them back to the server or to join the community/server. I know I can get about 4 new players around this time, right now they are all fighting through all there exams ( as am I ) and don't really have any time to play games. But as I said this is just an idea I'm not even sure if I could get anyone to participate in this. But seeing as the server is empty just about all of the time it's worth suggesting to everyone.  I'm just tired of sitting on the server when I have time to actually play on my computer ( not just do what I've been doing recently in which I just walk by my computer every few minutes and make a move, I've been doing this a lot lately for instance today with Warlock ) which is very rare as of recently due to exams and studying just to see no one join the hole time I sit on there. I used to idle but that just lead to trouble people would join the server ask questions and I wouldn't see the questions until I waltzed by my computer like 20+ minutes later in which by that time they were gone. 

None the less, I hope this ends up occuring like most people are saying the problem isn't so much an inactive admin staff it's an inactive community. The admins are only as active as the players you could say. If we got a few players on then admins join but no admin wants to go sit on an empty server for 3+ hours I've done it and had to do it plenty of times back with my old rp server until it started to ( sort of ) pick up. It's a very very boring thing to do which eventually leads to the admins giving up on the server and causing them to stop joining.

For those of you who are thinking TL:DR here:
Main Points
* Join the server on June 4th and bring as many people as you can
* Admins join early and help make the server look pretty
* Start at about 8am est
* Hopefully will attract more players being summer and all
* Hopefully carry out a connected series of events throughout the day that are easy to drop in and out of
* Need more active players to get admins more active
* Admins are only as active as the players
* As of right now most people are busy with end of course exams and other shenanigans

Frostee

Zombiedance

First monday of my summer... also 7 is a lucky number... right?

Frostee

Quote from: Zombiedance on 08-05-2012
First monday of my summer

Where in the hell do you live? A different planet? That day is a Thursday all over the world :|

ZainMenloe

I dont care when the date is, though a better timeframe whould be 'Anytime, anyday' Or, if you love the server (Or have no life like I do) Then 'All day, everyday'

I hope so much this works, cause I'm out of ideas on what to do. I schedule a day, and people get on, have fun, but leave and never come back.

Zombiedance

Just found out my computers calendar is a month off.... how I didn't catch that I'm not sure and I'm quite embarassed to say so... none the less how about next month of the 4th?

Gonztah

What would be nice for Crussaria at this point would be a smaller map. The current one is fucking huge. With the current playerbase it's pointless to have a map that large.

But I'll propably join this event thingie.

Ket

Meh, I like the map.

I will be there.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Plunger

Quote from: Gonztah on 09-05-2012
What would be nice for Crussaria at this point would be a smaller map. The current one is fucking huge. With the current playerbase it's pointless to have a map that large.

SilverKnight won't let us change to a smaller one.

lolKieck

Weekend. I won't be able to get on because Polish holidays start at like July.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Silver Knight

Quote from: Gonztah on 09-05-2012

I have put rp_ForestVillage on the server for now.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zombiedance

Aight, no real objections so far. So start telling people ahead of time so they don't cancel on us later due to plans or anything. Also if there is a problem we can easily solve it without it being the last minute causing chaos.