Important ! Medieval Roleplay Idea

Started by Silver Knight, 02-01-2009

Silver Knight

Medieval Roleplay Idea... Apart from AVPRP, this is a project i have always wanted to do, i want to see peoples opinions on this, so please, share your views.

Year 1242 of the 14th Epoc Era

The Crussaria King has just past away, the country is now in uproar, several Barons and dukes have fought over the crown, but have only got themselves killed, now, the only ones remaining is the Duke and the Baron.

Long story cut short.

The way it's layed out, is that everyone starts as a peasant, it's your life, you can do whatever you want, go and be a farmer, grow your own produce, make armour and swords for a living, join the Dukes forces as a guard or perhaps help out he Baron to claim the throne, it's up to you, it's your life, you choose how to live it !

Factions

The Duke (The Duke has taken over the land, but cannot be deemed king until he gets the crown which the Baron has)

The Baron (Rebels, bandits etc, they want to get the Baron on the throne)

The Orcs ( A attacking race, only the best rpers can be Orcs)

The Elves (Will probably be donators only, the elves are neutral to everyone, but dislike humans)

The Player can wear any armour he likes, weld swords, axes, staffs, pikes, bows etc Take on-board jobs, just as become a farmer, a tavern owner, join the imperial guard, become a outlaw, or do whatever you like, the possibilities are endless !

Farming System (grow your own crops)
Smithy System (smelt swords and armour)
Points System (assign points to skills, such as improve your sword swing)
Respect System (Keeps the minges out and the rpers in !)
Repair System (Your weapons and armour get old)
Real Melee Fighting (Slash, strike, left or right, and block ones sword back)
Hitbox system (Using goremod, you will be able to behead and decapitate your foe)
Npc Creatures (Careful, they bite !)
Monarchy (Follow your leader, be patriotic !)
Lootable corpses (maybeeeee)
Horses (If we can get someone to make this, why not)
House system (Buy your own house !)

Basicly this a medieval roleplay, based around two sides fighting to be king, one has the land, one has the jewels, who will win? you decide ! Just imagine, living the life of a guard, assigned to protect the Duke, you wonder the walls, standing proud, sword and bow. Theres alot of crap i could go on, but you should get the picture of how epic this is, opinions please people ! AOC models and DMM models are already on gmod, so thats not a problem if you want to moan about models.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Connor 2.0

Looks epic, Totally want this.
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

--------FALLOUT ROLEPLAY--------
Connor Xentos - Enclave Applied - Alive

--------MIDEVIL ROLEPLAY--------
Crescent - Elve Bowman - Alive
Connor Xentos - Human Swordsman - Alive

--------REAL LIFE ROLEPLAY--------
Connor Murphy - Police Applied - Alive

Locke

I love it, especially making items. I'd love to be a farmer and grow my crops, then take em to the castle market for people who need to eat or chefs who want to make food.

Reminds me of stranded gamemode!

Connor 2.0

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

--------FALLOUT ROLEPLAY--------
Connor Xentos - Enclave Applied - Alive

--------MIDEVIL ROLEPLAY--------
Crescent - Elve Bowman - Alive
Connor Xentos - Human Swordsman - Alive

--------REAL LIFE ROLEPLAY--------
Connor Murphy - Police Applied - Alive

Silver Knight

Epic troll incoming, na it's ok reece is in a cage now, hes not coming on here ! Anyway yes it will be Epic, if you have any questions, please forward them to me.

sniperhunter

This is an epic idea! I would name my character THORAXE THE IMPALER.

Nines

Awesome, i'm a big fan of Olden RP, so I should like this.

Recon

Sounds like a good idea, i like Olden RP also.

MattyK

Seeing as everybody bitches soo much at Monolith powers, I think I'd make a very good Wizard in this RP. (Wink wink.)

Upsides would be a few magic sweps.
Downsides would be little to no armor and low health.
And ofcourse, I can RP it.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Psycrowtik03385

I'm in full support of Medieval roleplay.

Plunger

Well, Considering that this game will most likely only have bows and magic for ranged the amount of griefing and death matching will hopefully decrease. The decapitation sounds good, but try and focus on the main parts first off.

MattyK has the right idea. We need to open this forum soon, I'm looking forward to this more then S.T.A.L.K.E.R role-play. The faction section should be divided like this.

The Duke
   -Sub factions.

The Baron
   -Sub factions.

The Orcs
   -Sub factions.

The Elve
   -Sub factions.

There should also be a sub-faction creation part so players can prepare for the server.

Impure Reality

Oh my god I can't wait for this I can finally role play as a holy warrior!

Edit: I play WoW to much

Wiggles

Yeah this sounds excellent, i will agree Stalker is getting a tad stale. And the fact that with melee the amount of deathmatching and mingery is decreased, can only be a good thing. I mean, its nice and easy to RP a sword fight.

Turnkey

YESYESYESYESYES!

Do you have any map we possible can play on ?

Silver Knight

Yeah well, to get this started i need donations, if you want it, donate !

Creeding

A land system? you would go to the dukes ( the barons would have land but very minimal) appointed land guy,ask him(or her) for land that you could afford, go to the land (you would only use TT on your land) and make what ever you wont there.(farmland,house,barracks) it wodent be very big (about the size of the town in Redux). also i think it would be a propblem knowing where your land starts and ends.

ofc it would cost ALOT of ingame credits to buy land and it would be far away from the main town(so cleaning it up and purgeing it would be needed), amount of respect would be needed befor your could even see the guy. could this be implamented? There would have to be alot of land to suplament all the experienced players that would like a land of there own. possibly even getting knigthed and getting a MDE (member of the Dukes empire) getting incresed salary and "knight" added to there title, not a blue what the baron could give.

replaceing the grav gun with hands...get close to somthing to pick it up then an automatic "Creed has picked up the chair".

This message may or may not be endorsed by Creeding and he is by no means held to any comments, posts or any of the like made... Oh, and no. I dont like fancy pancy signatures.

Plunger

I wanted to make a faction known as, Fate, or some such.

It would try to dethrone both leaders, It wants the people to be free to do what they want. It's good in a bad kind of way. I took this idea from, "Code Geass" Black Knights.

Turnkey

Lets all take it easy. we're not even sure if this is going to work.

Zaki

It is GOING to work, if not we will try again! I want it to work! It will be epic!

Moordact

Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

MattyK

Quote from: Plunger I wanted to make a faction known as, Fate, or some such.

It would try to dethrone both leaders, It wants the people to be free to do what they want. It's good in a bad kind of way. I took this idea from, "Code Geass" Black Knights.

ANd if that happens, due to my extensive Canon, there would still be the Wizard-Necro War...
In other words, if "Fate" succeeds, the RP dosen't end and the gamemode ain't fucked over.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Judas

Im going to be the fuckign Grim Reaper.

Jaxback21

I shall be a priest! I will start a holy temple and baptise people and have ceremonies and whatnot! :D

Plunger

You need to ask DeathCon, He kind of called the Priest idea.