I'm new to the server

Started by Richard Nixon, 17-11-2011

Richard Nixon

Hi, I am guessing that you can not post here, but I have not found anywhere else to post. I have tried joining the server serveral times and I can not download the map. I can not find your guys map pack on the server. Also I am not new to Serious roleplay, so I understand how things work. Please reply giving a link for the map pack and any helpful tips about the server. Feel free delete the conversation or move it, pm the info if so.
I'm the greatest thing that ever happend to America.

KingArthur

Richard Nixon

I did the entire tutorial, yet it still never worked. When I tried to join the server, it would load the map all the way then just restart loading. I did the SVN check out on the file before I restarted my computer, if that matters.
I'm the greatest thing that ever happend to America.

KingArthur

If you downloaded the content from the pack, you might have it in the wrong folder. Check that it is in the right directory, and not 2 folders inside eachother INSIDE addons. You can also just merge it with gmod/gmod at a last try.

Paintcheck

What KingArthur said is the most likely issue. The content pack by default is already in a folder so if you created a new folder for it you will end up with addons/Crussaria/Crussaria/* which won't work. 

Virsteinn

For future reference (mine and those who look this up), about how big is the SVN repository?

P.S.: Sorry to necro, but I feel this question is important. It might give users an idea as to how long the download will take.

Dragon

Quote from: Virsteinn on 09-08-2012
For future reference (mine and those who look this up), about how big is the SVN repository?

P.S.: Sorry to necro, but I feel this question is important. It might give users an idea as to how long the download will take.

The Crussaria SVN is roughly 1.5 gig, which is rather big. It takes some time.
I don't quite recall how big the general SVN is, but it isn't nowhere near as large as that.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

jaik

Quote from: Headcrabs on 09-08-2012

The Crussaria SVN is roughly 1.5 gig, which is rather big. It takes some time.
I don't quite recall how big the general SVN is, but it isn't nowhere near as large as that.

General SVN is 175 mb.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Virsteinn

K, thanks. I actually got done with the SVN download shortly after I posted that. I just happen to have a router that's as fast as piss, thanks to Verizon FiOS.

I did, however, lack some non-Crussaria content, such as that of EP2, which caused me to see a significant amount of ERRORs and pink checkering. I'll be downloading that about as soon as I'm done posting this.

Dragon

K, thanks. I actually got done with the SVN download shortly after I posted that. I just happen to have a router that's as fast as piss, thanks to Verizon FiOS.

I did, however, lack some non-Crussaria content, such as that of EP2, which caused me to see a significant amount of ERRORs and pink checkering. I'll be downloading that about as soon as I'm done posting this.

That's only a good 600-675MB, fortunately. Others have tried and used it, and confirmed that it has worked.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"