Here's the Deal

Started by ZainMenloe, 04-05-2012

ZainMenloe

I want to apologize for my last post, it did get out of hand and I am sorry. There are a lot of things that need worked on in Crussaria, such as admin activity, and making events. But how I am looking at it, is us admins can't make events if there are no players online. Everyone is doing something wrong and it could be dealt with differently. Us admins are incapable of doing anything, be that make events, answer questions, or make RP fun for you if you don't get online.

I have seen people asking for more peasant friendly events, so, I made a list of small (Hopefully entertaining) events that can be joined/started/completed by anyone.
Another thing I saw was the lore (Though I personally don't agree with). If it is not already done, I will read the lore and separate it into two parts, what everyone needs to know for Crussaria, and the extra details. I will not be changing anything, as the lore is not mine to change, it belongs to Paintcheck, ZombieHunta, and Last.Exile, only taking the entire thing as a whole and squeezing it down to maybe a short paragraph for the 'Need to Know' Section.

I am pretty sure that was all I saw for your guys' statements. If there is anything else, please post here and I'll add it to the list.

So, here's the proposition I will make to everyone that reads this post-
If I see players online and RPing, then I personally will: Make events that are for every type of player, including peasants; Shorten the lore to a short, more easily understandable paragraph or two.
Personally, I think this deal is fair. If there is anything else that you guys as players want, please post and tell me. If enough people agree, then I'll add it to the proposition as well as my 'to-do-list'. I cannot guarantee that I will get online EVERY time there is 2 players online. I might not see the people online, I might be out working/shopping/etc. but I will check the server often and if I see 2+ people online, I'll get online as well. So please, share your opinions about my proposition, anything else that you would like, anything I left out, or all of the above.

jaik

Everybody makes mistakes and it's good to see that admins in CRP admit them. I might download the content and see the changes myself.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

ZainMenloe

Quote from: Jake on 04-05-2012
Everybody makes mistakes and it's good to see that admins in CRP admit them. I might download the content and see the changes myself.

Anytime I screw something up I try and fix it... And apologizing was the only real way to fix it. I didn't even think it got posted, I musta clicked post somewhere along the lines >.>

And yes, please do. I despreatly want CRP to come back. So this 'deal' is my last idea currently. Its hard for me to make events for people when there is never people online. So, I thought 'You guys want this this and this, and I want this. How about you do what I ask, and I'll do what you ask?' Its a win win if people get on and I see them.

Kelse

I'm not upset in the slightest over your last post, just try not to blame the players when we've got our own problems with the server too, I think there's something wrong with both, player and admin because admins aren't active and players don't...play...So we just need to find a good medium to fix all this.

the permaban queen.

Plunger

Quote from: Kelse on 04-05-2012
I'm not upset in the slightest over your last post, just try not to blame the players when we've got our own problems with the server too, I think there's something wrong with both, player and admin because admins aren't active and players don't...play...So we just need to find a good medium to fix all this.

I've sat on the server for hours, and it always stays at 0/0, so please don't try to say it's admin inactiveness. It's more that no one seems to be interested.

Spades_Neil

QuoteCalm down and try this again.
-Tom

Take two, then.

Quote from: Plunger on 05-05-2012
Quote from: Kelse on 04-05-2012

I've sat on the server for hours, and it always stays at 0/0, so please don't try to say it's admin inactiveness. It's more that no one seems to be interested.

Step 1: Find an audience who's actually interested. Leeching off other HGN RP servers only works for so long--provided they're even interested to begin with. If what you say is true, they're not interested anyway. Find new audiences.
Step 2: Don't be jerks to new players even if they're crappy. Have the patience to teach them instead of trolling them. Make a good example of yourself and have a good reputation of being a fair admin. It's stupid to ban players who are trying. Ban the ones who are going out of their way to shit on everyone.
Step 3: Be active to maintain interest in the server.

If you think just logging on will get anything done, you're not very smart. Players don't fall out of thin air. Gather up a handful of buddies and admins to get on at a certain time. Other players will fall into the server when they see it's active. Then it's just a matter of maintaining the activity and not pissing everyone off.

Tom

I modified your post Spades cause it was only going to lead to flame.

Anyway. From what I've watched in Crussaria there is no general interest in it at all. When events happen people get on but immediately disconnect if there isn't any events going on. I/Paint/Zain/Madcombat have all asked people if they are interested in Medieval RP and they usually say "No" and if they do say "Yes" they never prove it at all
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

ZainMenloe

Well, there were I think 7 people online the morning that I posted this...

I just dont get what the admins, myself included, are doing wrong on the server... People only get on if we yell in the forums saying 'Get on at this time.' or if there is an event going on... We ask the players whats wrong, and they say admin inactivity and lack of events. You dont need an event to RP, you just need some people who dont care about events and gear, they RP because its fun to them... Im running out of ideas on what to do.

Paintcheck

Because people aren't interested.

As I posted in the last thread of these HGN has no Crussaria population save for the admins. When CRP was up it was populated almost entirely by outside players who never joined HGN at all and quit playing when the server died. That's the issue. CRP doesn't appeal to what HGN wants and making it appeal to what HGN wants would ruin the server.

Silver Knight

The point of frp\crussaria\hl2rp and any server is to draw in new players, not grab players from srp\our other servers. Crussaria will only grow from players we attract from outside HGN. Your not doing anything wrong other than targeting the wrong people and not advertising and bringing in new players from outside hgn.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-05-2012
The point of frp\crussaria\hl2rp and any server is to draw in new players, not grab players from srp\our other servers. Crussaria will only grow from players we attract from outside HGN. Your not doing anything wrong other than targeting the wrong people and not advertising and bringing in new players from outside hgn.

Basically, this has been my point forever.

There's clearly not enough interest within the community and leeching off our own players only works for so long. It's fine for the first few weeks of a reboot, but sooner or later it has to stand on its own two feet.

Tom

Its not coming back I think.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22