Goddamn errors, and I have the SVN pack

Started by spit.respectable, 26-12-2011

spit.respectable

I need some help with this, I still haven't been able to RP because of the damn content pack, the only models that show up are the AOC peasants, and I only have #1, #2, and 2 #3's, can anyone help me? This is the only problem so far. I just used the SVN on a file I named Crussaria in addons.
Sometimes when I'm bored I break into my neighbors house, steal their lube, pour it all over myself, and then slide around on their kitchen floor and pretend I'm a slug. -KingArthur

Current Characters:

Crussaria:
None made yet, but I plan to have some.

Fallout:
Jack Eisenhower-Wastelander-Alive

Paintcheck

That should have been all you needed to do however the server also uses some content from Half Life Episode 2 and Counter Strike Source so that might be the cause of some of your issues.

Open the Crussaria Addon folder and take a screenshot of what is inside.

Khorn

Aren't you supposed to use the SVN checkout on the addon folder itself?

Paintcheck

No you don't, from the way he described doing it I think he did it right.

Some people had some issues where the content pack svn didn't actually finish downloading and then they joined the server.

spit.respectable

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-12-2011
That should have been all you needed to do however the server also uses some content from Half Life Episode 2 and Counter Strike Source so that might be the cause of some of your issues.

Open the Crussaria Addon folder and take a screenshot of what is inside.

I got episode 2 and counter strike, the only thing I dont have is DOD:S

Sometimes when I'm bored I break into my neighbors house, steal their lube, pour it all over myself, and then slide around on their kitchen floor and pretend I'm a slug. -KingArthur

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Paintcheck

That looks correct. How big of a folder is it? (The whole Crussaria folder I mean). It should be about 2.72 gb or so

spit.respectable

That looks correct. How big of a folder is it? (The whole Crussaria folder I mean). It should be about 2.72 gb or so

1.49 GB :/
Should I try reinstalling it? Just reply soon, I need to sleep tonight.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Paintcheck

Yeah that's your problem you didn't wait for it to DL all the way. Your process is correct you just need to make sure it actually downloads everything.

spit.respectable

Yeah that's your problem you didn't wait for it to DL all the way. Your process is correct you just need to make sure it actually downloads everything.

Didnt wait? I left the damn thing alone for 3 days (Went to have christmas with my family), but whatever, i'll reinstall, and by the way, where can I donate? I haven't found it yet.

[EDIT]

I used update on the file, it just said this:

Command    Update
Completed   At revision: 208

Its still 1.49 GB :/ I have low disk space though, but it isn't bitching about that like it did when I DLed the fallout content.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Khorn

You may need to delete the Crussaria folder and SVN download it again.

And you also may want to clear up data on your computer if you're running low. 2 gigs isn't that much these days.

spit.respectable

Quote from: Khorn on 26-12-2011
You may need to delete the Crussaria folder and SVN download it again.

And you also may want to clear up data on your computer if you're running low. 2 gigs isn't that much these days.

Doin it now, and by the way, are those characters in your signature from champions online? I used to play it but then I took an arrow to the knee
just got bored as hell with it, I was only about level 11 too.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Khorn

City of Heroes and Villains.

spit.respectable

Quote from: Khorn on 26-12-2011
City of Heroes and Villains.

They look a lot alike, both have the same art style as far as I can tell, anyway they look pretty cool, by champions online standards that would take about 30 minutes to make each one minimum.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

KingArthur

Mines 1.5gb, and my file extention is addons/crussariasvn/Materials,Models,sound ect.

Paintcheck

Why's mine so big then...huh.

Well delete it and redownload it again. You installed it properly so it should work. Also try rebuilding your search cache in Gmod itsemf (click the little green arrows next to the search bar in the Q spawn menu)

Plunger

Quote from: KingArthur on 27-12-2011
Mines 1.5gb, and my file extention is addons/crussariasvn/Materials,Models,sound ect.

Looks about one point five to me.

Silver Knight

DO NOT DO WHAT EXILE ORIGINALLY HAD POSTED HERE. It will fuck up your SVN badly. If your SVN is huge, sorry but you need to just deal with it or find another way. Deleting the pristine folder will cause issues.

-Paintcheck

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

spit.respectable

I did everything and its still fucked up. :'(  Any ideas?

[EDIT]

I looked at the folders in gmod and everything was there, except the group m2 models were all missing except for females, and the only other thing I know of is I am missing the texture for the silver sword.

[EDIT]

Another fucking edit, anyways when I loaded the Crussaria_world_a2 map I had all textures, must be a bug with loading things up, ill try and rejoin.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Khorn

Are any other games needed? Do you have the usual CSS and EP 1/2?

spit.respectable

Quote from: Khorn on 27-12-2011
Are any other games needed? Do you have the usual CSS and EP 1/2?

I have them all, check my edit. above your last comment.

Current Characters:

Crussaria:

Fallout:

Paintcheck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 27-12-2011
The actual content is 1.5gb atm. The other gig or so is hidden versioned files. If you want to get rid of those backup files, make your files unhidden. Go into the folder and find the .svn file, go into that and delete the pristine folder.

Problem with that is it breaks SVN update sine it needs those files to figure out what to update.

Paintcheck

The actual content is 1.5gb atm. The other gig or so is hidden versioned files. If you want to get rid of those backup files, make your files unhidden. Go into the folder and find the .svn file, go into that and delete the pristine folder.

Double post but DO NOT DELETE THAT FOLDER. I did and it completely wrecked my SVN and has rendered it unusable even after a reinstall of Tortoise SVN. Just deal with it.

whyku

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-12-2011

Double post but DO NOT DELETE THAT FOLDER. I did and it completely wrecked my SVN and has rendered it unusable even after a reinstall of Tortoise SVN. Just deal with it.

Same...had to re download it all