Crussaria: So what do YOU think i should be working on?

Started by Silver Knight, 16-02-2011

Silver Knight

Ive been out of development for some time due to work and academy exams. Ive got one more to do on thursday next week and im wanting to get back into developing Crussaria. But it's been awhile and ive lost my way of what i should be developing. So please list what features and the like you think i should be working on.

By doing this i want to hit things which people feel should be worked on to get Crussaria to a suitable point of playing. What do you think Crussaria needs to make it into a better more playable state? Im looking for script suggestions.

-Provide Suggestions
-Don't suggest magic (That's something ill be doing last, not first)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zstan

Considering Crussaria, I think we should drop Gmod and move onto another game.
I know that you've worked hard and put many hours into the script, but for me, Gmod is just worn out after playing it for 4 or so years.

Pink!

I would appreciate a more concise set of rules, to be honest, and some legitimate activities for the average person to do - enough so that it is more satisfying to roleplay a person caught in the middle of the vast conflict, than a character with extreme power. As I have always said - if there is a multi-tiered conflict between who has the greatest character, we can expect chaos.

One suggestion I have been mulling around, but am loathe to suggest since it will conflict with existing plans, is to have everyone start as a simple, blank slate, and have all powers, etcetera, be assigned by administrators. Even gaining powers such as magic.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Cutch

Rules have yet to be set out due to the fact we do not know exactly what to expect from players. Take into account its only pre-alpha.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Zombiedance

I second Cutch. Directx crashes me to a bluescreen right now so i haven't really been able to play.

Steven :D

We need an economy, traders etc merchants different types ya'know. Blacksmiths for weaponry, etc. Try to add cooking from SRP (if you haven't already) and crafting/smithing etc.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Steven :D on 17-02-2011
We need an economy, traders etc merchants different types ya'know. Blacksmiths for weaponry, etc. Try to add cooking from SRP (if you haven't already) and crafting/smithing etc.

So you want me to continue working on the crafting systems?

nKe

Resource gathering and crafting to make munny sounds cool

Paintcheck

Crafting would definitely lead to some  semblance of an economy and would give people stuff to do although I am extremely loathe to put the script over RP at least that might give less imaginative people some incentive to get on the server so it's not always empty.

Frankly though I think content and models would be a better investment of the energy over the script since good RPers can RP without a script and I think the world gets far more immersive when everyone looks medieval than if the script allows you to craft a sword.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-02-2011
Crafting would definitely lead to some  semblance of an economy and would give people stuff to do although I am extremely loathe to put the script over RP at least that might give less imaginative people some incentive to get on the server so it's not always empty.

Frankly though I think content and models would be a better investment of the energy over the script since good RPers can RP without a script and I think the world gets far more immersive when everyone looks medieval than if the script allows you to craft a sword.

Nothing stops you from doing /me's when working on stuff. But this allows you to achieve a real end product.

Paintcheck

...Which is why I think content that can't be /me'd is more important. Well you CAN /me appearance and use the /charphysdesc but I think it would still be helpful to have more fitting models over some script functions that can be /me'd. (ie blacksmiths get a trader flag that lets them sell swords and they /me pounding one out when someone wants to buy one).

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-02-2011
...Which is why I think content that can't be /me'd is more important. Well you CAN /me appearance and use the /charphysdesc but I think it would still be helpful to have more fitting models over some script functions that can be /me'd. (ie blacksmiths get a trader flag that lets them sell swords and they /me pounding one out when someone wants to buy one).

But that is a false economy. We want to create a real economy where the players reflect the goods and items avaliable for trading. This creates jobs and things for players to do. Whereas what you suggest is basic and shallow and does not take the vast resources of the medieval world into consideration.

Paintcheck

This is a question of "What you like worked on RIGHT NOW" and I think in a prealpha like we have the economy doesn't really matter since there's going to be a wipe before this goes live anyway. So I would say the base content is more important since 20 players aren't going to need a functioning economy.

Tom

I agree with Paint, Since, Yes a wipe may happen, and what good is an economy and "Crafting systems" when everyone looks like Hl2 Citizens, we should work on content such as Maps, Models, Proper Sweps, and other appearance shit before we get into the other things as, Everyone looking like Hl2 citizens and carrying around swords in a silly manner along with other factors ruins immersion quite a bit and leads to people possibly minging about due to lack of immersion and junk.

the "Having only trader flags leads to a false economy" is all good and all, but a lack of immersion leads to a false RP.

Economy can be worked on alongside the Models and shit, or you may work on the models and shit first, as HL2 citizens do not reflect the Medieval look at all.

TL;DR

Economy < Framework and appearance

I'd rather have an environment in which I can be immersed first rather than a game in which the only "Worked on part" is the economy.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Silver Knight

Im all for immersion. Ive done as much as i can at the momment with the materials avaliable to try and accomplish that. That's one thing i always aimed for with Stalker and one reason why it's a success. The only hl2 models we are using is the white shirted ones because that is peasant like.

Ralazo

Ability to create groups, AKA guilds. Making people able to form guilds when they're choosing to focus on a certain profession.
You could add some structure to it and make a roster, guild of the blacksmiths, guild of the lumberjacks.
Just an idea.

ThY

A shape-shifting swep for werewolves :).

Paintcheck

Quote from: ThY on 18-02-2011
A shape-shifting swep for werewolves :).

/charsetmodel <playername> <model location>

that's how I did it on Sphynx. Not quite the "coolest" way to do it but functional all the same.

jaik

Nah, the shape-shifting swep will be quite easy to do. Primary for Werewolf model, Secondary to change back to your original model, smoke stack and a sound.

I mean that it would be easier to make a swep rather than using the command.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bielecki

You really need to start off with a development plan Exile. You always seem all over the place when making a new gamemode, reason why they seem to fail alot.

It would also help if you spent alot more time on designing the game, I honestly don't think you ever know or even consider what your features will do to make the game enjoyable or rubbish.

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I know I can do no better, but please just think about what I said.  :)

Silver Knight

The main limitation on werewolves is that they are donation classes which means no "infection" can be placed on normal places if they are attacked and contract the disease. When i eventually come around to doing this "werewolves" will be unable to "change" unless the clock is within a certain time of night. Vampires will have the same effect with the sun.

There's several ways i can accomplish vampires for example using a tracer route above vampires where it traces above their head and if it detects a skybox texture they catch fire and ignite or "banning" them from logging in during the day.

Blazer232

Recreas

Quote from: Blazer232 on 25-05-2011
NPCs

Did you look at the previous post and did you see it was from about 3 months back...
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Poopship

Turkey