Crussaria RP.

Started by Aresty, 11-01-2011

Aresty

I gotta admit, I like it. It's a great change from Stalker, even if it does need more work on it.
But one thing that I don't like, it's the fact mages, lycants, vampires, orcs and elves are here. I was expecting a normal Medieval RP, with peasents struggling for life, and with the various Houses in war or else. I can already see the DRAMA that'll come out of this: " Lul I r mage, u can't kill me 'cos i have leet magix  ". I mean come on, we don't need this shit to make Crussaria fun. Look at it now, no mages or strange shit yet, and people are enjoying it.
So why do we need to have this magical touches that will surely, sooner or later, bring drama, bitching and god knows what ?

Knife_cz

Aresty..i guess even without "magical touches" it will bring drama..but i think it will be better with mages.

Paintcheck

The magical faction if you look was accepted a year ago and in every version of previous canon we've gone through magic has existed.

Aresty

Well ? It can always be changed, people here don't  care so much about the canon anyway.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Aresty on 11-01-2011
Well ? It can always be changed, people here don't  care so much about the canon anyway.

Read the Q and A. No magic should be on the server right now. If you have been roleplaying as one just stop. Right now.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Recreas

I think this magicly touch will do fine as long as it gets controlled. I do agree that magic should not become an overpowered thing. And that all the other monsters should not be like they're in their old horror movies because I'm afraid we do not have enough van Helsings for that.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Aresty

Quote from: Last.Exile on 11-01-2011
Quote from: Aresty on 11-01-2011

Read the Q and A. No magic should be on the server right now. If you have been roleplaying as one just stop. Right now.

I don't roleplay as one, I bitch at the fact mages and other creatures are in Crussaria.

Paintcheck

Ares can you not read or did you just begin to get interested in Crussaria and haven't been keeping up with it's 999993147831 million year dev cycle? It has always had creatures and magic and shit in it, it started out as an attempt at Oblivion RP. This isn't Mount and Blade. True medieval RP would be boring as fuck because everyone would be a peasant farming something for the few noble characters. That does not make for interesting RP.

OBrian

Quote from: Recreas on 11-01-2011
I think this magicly touch will do fine as long as it gets controlled. I do agree that magic should not become an overpowered thing. And that all the other monsters should not be like they're in their old horror movies because I'm afraid we do not have enough van Helsings for that.
Thats not exactly fair as it would be impossible to say play a wizard, elf, vampire or werewolf without some extent of powergame as you must understand, these races are extremely powerful or at least stronger then humans. Obviously the people playing these roles must limit it IC against another human but don't expect to be killing many werewolfs or wizards or vampires IC. It would be a monumental achievement and happen extremely rarely under the most extenuating circumstances which is why the classes need to be limited.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Recreas

I understand, but the humanity should also have a chance of winning. Otherwise it wouldn't be fun roleplaying in a fight against a monster since you know you already lost it anyways.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Paintcheck

I think it should be like the bloodsuckers of SRP (at least in theory since the average RPer on SRP these days can barely walk down the path out of spawn without sucking at some form of RP): scary, strong, and vicious. Humans shouldn't be just knocking them down like flies by waving a pointy stick at them. It should be a fight for their lives.

KingArthur

Your silly were wolves can not STOP ME! AVAST YEE! *sarcasm*

I agree with it, Should be a threat and have little fighting chance lol, Should actually be hard to get away with your life >.>

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-01-2011
I think it should be like the bloodsuckers of SRP (at least in theory since the average RPer on SRP these days can barely walk down the path out of spawn without sucking at some form of RP): scary, strong, and vicious. Humans shouldn't be just knocking them down like flies by waving a pointy stick at them. It should be a fight for their lives.

Oh theres no need to worry about that. Werewolves and vampires will take alot to kill. The older they get the stronger they are however a good vampire will not kill off his food source and a werewolf will want to keep hidden amongst humans. The main problem with Werewolves and Vampires is the fact that they only appear at night and being that our time on the server is generally always... day. This is something im looking into finding a work around on.

OBrian

I believe there are several existing scripts for day/night transitioning, one being in the TacoScript 2 release. Rip it from that if you can Silver, or at least examine the scripting so you have an idea of what you're doing.

Characters - Stalker RP

deluxulous

Quote from: OBrian on 12-01-2011
I believe there are several existing scripts for day/night transitioning, one being in the TacoScript 2 release. Rip it from that if you can Silver, or at least examine the scripting so you have an idea of what you're doing.
He knows what he's doing, we had one on SRP before. It sucked terribly.

Paintcheck

Day/night scripts tend to suck. A better way would be to designate like a day (or more) of the week to be night and switch to the night version of mountain village when that happens. Granted HGN is developing its own map for it but if Hostel made a night and day version this would still work and it would work better than a day/night mod. Plus designating an entire day to night would mean that players from all timezones could participate in any night events and it keeps players from being doomed to always being on at night if done by timezones and real time.

OBrian

Like do a real-life day of "daylight" then a real-life day of "Night"?

Characters - Stalker RP

Paintcheck

Yes. That way people in different timezones aren't doomed to perpetual dark or perpetual light.

Silver Knight

Yes. That way people in different timezones aren't doomed to perpetual dark or perpetual light.

Maybe, i had a idea of a parallel server running a night version in my head.

Paintcheck

Parallel servers just split the player base and HGN doesn't have all that large of one to begin with. Better one server rotating between day and night than one server being day, 1 server being night, and 2 people on each.

Khorn

Two servers.
One full of night creatures.
The other filled with humans and day dwellers.

No interactions.

Turkey

I have one complaint, Theres already 5 mages/wizards/clerics on CRP.
And I asked a admin about getting a dwarf, He said "Now thats pushing it, CRP is just starting out, We gotta let things progress."

ok.

Paintcheck

Why the fuck is everyone so dead set on yelling at the First Order for "asspulling" shit? If you would kindly shut the fuck up and learn to read you would see a topic with a big [ACCEPTED] next to it called "The First Order" posted almost exactly 1 year ago. And on the first day of Crussaria coming up Cutch said it was ok to have. Then Silver started all his anti-fun shit which is why no one can have nice things. Don't blame the accepted faction for what Silver decided to do on his own.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Turkey on 12-01-2011
I have one complaint, Theres already 5 mages/wizards/clerics on CRP.
And I asked a admin about getting a dwarf, He said "Now thats pushing it, CRP is just starting out, We gotta let things progress."

ok.

Ive been working on getting gimli working as a playermodel i might have some success. If so dwarf will be a veteran donator flag.

Why the fuck is everyone so dead set on yelling at the First Order for "asspulling" shit? If you would kindly shut the fuck up and learn to read you would see a topic with a big [ACCEPTED] next to it called "The First Order" posted almost exactly 1 year ago. And on the first day of Crussaria coming up Cutch said it was ok to have. Then Silver started all his anti-fun shit which is why no one can have nice things. Don't blame the accepted faction for what Silver decided to do on his own.

Anything which happened before is pretty much void. You cannot hold a thread which is over a year old still applicable to Crussaria. Everything needs to be rewrote and put into new context. But this will all not happen until Crussaria is at a stable alpha state.

Killabreu

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.