Crussaria Guide/Backstory

Started by Silver Knight, 19-02-2011

Silver Knight

Crussaria Guide & Backstory

What is Crussaria?

Crussaria is the term given to the landmass (continent) which holds the kingdom of Crussaria. Although in truth the kingdom is made up of several kingdoms which have merged together. There were 9 kingdoms in total each with their own dialect, culture and rulers however they were conquered and is now run as one monarchy instead. Crussaria has other landmasses (or continents) across the sea\adjacent to it although lore is still to be thought about about said places. The centre point is focused on Crussaria and not on the other continents.

A good example of Crussaria would be to compare it to The Eldar Scrolls's universe continent of Morrowind. In TES there are other continents such as hammerfell. Likewise Crussaria is the same. However Crussaria is also the name of the Game also.

Houses in Crussaria

The houses in Crussaria make up rulers of the old kingdoms, minor factions and other dependencies. One house is the ruling house of the land where as the other houses serve that house since they were conquered. The houses are the main focus point and controling main factions of the game. The main houses still control their former kingdoms however they are under the realm's monarchy too. Essentially now dependent on one kingdom instead of being seperated into 9 different kingdoms.

Currency in Crussaria

The currency in Crussaria is made up of several different types of coinage. These are: Copper, Silver and Gold. These are generally refered to as "Dragons". However coinage does not reflect on an items worth. Copper\Silver\Gold is dependent on the materials they are made out of. If Gold is scarce then a Golden Dragon will be worth more. This same thing applies to Silver and Copper too.

They are basically a shortcut for bartering. You have coins to buy and sell with instead of goods to barter with. If you go up to a baker and want to trade him your sheep's wool for some bread, and he doesn't have a use for any wool then you have to find someone who does want the wool and who has something the baker will want.

If you can sell the wool to someone though, then you can just get the money from him to buy anything you need. Gold is a very valuable(meaning rare and useful) substance that is easy to transport in solid, unbreakable form, which makes it the perfect money for the Crussaria world. But because the gold is only worth however much anyone cares about it at the time, it is subject to varying degrees of worth depending on the social, political and ecological situation you're currently in.

They are, in effect, another use for exchanging instead of bartering goods.

This is WIP and will be constantly updated.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight