Crussaria FP thread + Advertising

Started by Silver Knight, 17-02-2012

KingArthur

I dont know why you care about FP so much, everyone there hates everything unless its PERFECT.

Plunger

Quote from: Madcombat on 24-02-2012
If someone motivates me, I'll fix up the population issue we have.  But right now I am not motivated to even sit on my PC.
The arrogance, and sheer implication that you'll only help the server if we put something in it for you made me wretch.

Madcombat

Quote from: Plunger on 03-04-2012
If someone motivates me, I'll fix up the population issue we have.  But right now I am not motivated to even sit on my PC.
The arrogance, and sheer implication that you'll only help the server if we put something in it for you made me wretch.

Your so late its unreal.

Anyway, on topic

Even if we get trolls there will still be people who visit the page and decide to play.  Right now we need to make a big appearance in game otherwise the thread wont matter.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Madcombat on 04-04-2012
Quote from: Plunger on 03-04-2012

Your so late its unreal.

Anyway, on topic

Even if we get trolls there will still be people who visit the page and decide to play.  Right now we need to make a big appearance in game otherwise the thread wont matter.

This.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Spades_Neil

Here's an idea:
One, stop whining and being assholes to each other and work together for a change or you won't get fuck-all done with your constant bickering. Seriously. I wouldn't want to RP there either with your attitudes.

Admins log on, do stuff, roleplay with each other (or adminge around I guess) until someone shows up to RP. Players, grab a buddy or two and do the same. Amuse yourselves until the roleplayers show up. Then go meet them. Do some passive RP with them. Be on the ground, not in noclip. Then when the server starts to get packed, quietly back away from the server to see if it's ready to stand up on its own.

If it doesn't, step in to patch up the holes and try again a little later to see if you have more luck.
If it does, pat yourself on the back and watch from the sidelines with pride, knowing you've done your job.

If you all think the server isn't going to live, well, no shit it won't come back. If that's how you feel, you should resign from admin and stop stressing yourself over it. Give the job to someone who cares more, or at least has more patience for it.

As for the players...
You too. Want Crussaria to live? Get active on it. Grab a buddy, get online, amuse yourselves, then amuse others when they show up to join you. The players will come. Just don't flip out when Crussaria is 0/45. People have lives. Doesn't mean the server is forever dead. The more people say it is, all you're doing is making it more dead in your eyes. Nothing more, nothing less.

For fuck's sake, if Fallout can scrape its way back to having its own playerbase, Crussaria should be able to damn well flourish.

Paintcheck

Why do I even bother posting? Never mind.

I will say that Spades your post on facepunch was painful other than the "Empty servers stay empty". Stop comparing Crussaria to FO. FO has the "advantage" of appealing to 12 year old console kiddie dark RPers who want to gear whore. Crussaria doesn't have that. It is a lot easier to run a shitty post apoc server than it is to run something more intelligent.

Tom

Got 14 people on today.

Got some of the old Playerbase to come back, as well as making some factions to conflict.

We may get a revival.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Madcombat

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 05-04-2012
~snip~

Spades is completely right, whether he compares to Fallout is out of the question, the principle of what he says is true.
We got quite a few players on yesterday, I made some small individual events with players to entice them to rejoin later etc.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Madcombat on 06-04-2012
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 05-04-2012
~snip~

Spades is completely right, whether he compares to Fallout is out of the question, the principle of what he says is true.
We got quite a few players on yesterday, I made some small individual events with players to entice them to rejoin later etc.

Exactly!!

Told you. :| Crussaria will be fine.