(Help!) I can't play from the lag!

Started by whyku, 01-02-2012

whyku

ed to load sound "hgn\crussaria\weapon\staff\staff_deploy1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "hgn\crussaria\weapon\staff\staff_deploy1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "hgn\crussaria\weapon\staff\staff_deploy1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
(ed to load sound "hgn\crussaria\weapon\staff\staff_deploy1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
(

I get spawned with that! I can't play! Help me!

Paintcheck

Why did you post this twice?

I already tried to get in contact with Silver (aka the ONLY person who can help) and he of course ignored me. Keep bugging him. Everyone has this problem as far as I know.

What you could try to do is put in a placeholder sound called "staff_deploy1.wav" in the location it's looking for and see if that makes the error go away.

jaik

Missing files cannot be a reason for memory loss/leak, nor is it a reason for connection failure.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pink!

Depending on the script, it can.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

jaik

Quote from: Pink! on 02-02-2012

No. Source Client doesn't react like that to a missing (completely client)data with FPS drop unless it was intentional to simulate one or your PC is far behind the current average.
Your behavior begins to amuse me.

Pink!

Quote from: Jake on 02-02-2012

No. Source Client doesn't react like that to a missing (completely client)data with FPS drop unless it was intentional to simulate one or your PC is far behind the current average.
Your behavior begins to amuse me.

We used to be friends. :(

Also, I know for a fact that continued bombardment with error messages can lag a computer, depending on their frequency. On a more practical note, he's suffering from two issues that I, and many other people, aren't. I'm quite confident they'd be linked.

If we're all done spraying down the deck with testosterone/oestrogen, as the case may be: did you download the Crussaria pack via SVN?

jaik

If we're all done spraying down the deck with testosterone/oestrogen, as the case may be: did you download the Crussaria pack via SVN?

Not yet.

Also, I know for a fact that continued bombardment with error messages can lag a computer, depending on their frequency

Then you should get your facts right because the error message is a simple print() command and your client gives you that message, not the server. In fact the server has hardly anything to do because if a sound is executed, then your client checks if there's such sound file that matches the one in the server. That's all there's to it, you can make a lua loop of a print/Msg() with an interval of 0.00001 seconds and I really doubt your processor will be even bothered by it.

Paintcheck

I get the same issue though and while it doesn't "lag" what it does so is freeze everything in server for like 2 seconds with the red "Connection Lost countdown" in the upper right. That counts from 40 to like 38.6 and then I hear the spawn sound (ie that clicking noise that happens when you spawn) and everything goes back to normal. In my console is a shit ton of the same error message Whyku is talking about. Seeing as this didn't happen before staves were added that implies there is something wrong with them that is causing issues for people.

In Whyku's other thread Madcombat said he had the same issue as well. So while it may not be caused by the print statement something is up that is causing problems likely related to a staff or staves.

Pink!

I'm having no issues with them, however, and I use the SVN.

-shrug-

Paintcheck

Everyone is using the SVN and I'm sure the first thing everyone else with this problem tried was updating the SVN (I know I did). Didn't fix it.

ZainMenloe

-shrug-

You HAVE to use SVN to get the required props, models, textures, etc. Everyone is using it, because there is no other download for crussaria.

@Whyku: I think the problem may be your computer, not the server. I get the same error, yet I never have lag.

Pink!

Quote from: ZainMenloe on 05-02-2012

-shrug-

You HAVE to use SVN to get the required props, models, textures, etc. Everyone is using it, because there is no other download for crussaria.

My mistake. I downloaded it from the link provided, but switched to the SVN shortly before joining.

Paintcheck

Messing with my firewall actually fixed my issues with the error causing lag. Try that

EkimJT

Receiving a print message in console, no matter how often it's spammed, doesn't influence you in-game. At least, not very much to my knowledge.

Consider the fact that it's a hardware issue.

Silver Knight

That error is because the orginal deploy sounds for the staff i made no longer exists in the svn. This is only a error message it will never cause you to lag. This lag may have occured when the containers messed up but that's it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period