SUGGESTION: Map, content, admins [Given Closure]

Started by Knife_cz, 03-06-2014

Knife_cz

1) As said in the title, as content I'd go with the TnB stuff. I mean hell, every "stalker" roleplay that launches their own server and dies in a week or two uses it, it's fine to some limit. Such as variety of sunrises, but skat-exo is just silly. People are used to those skins, so I believe they'd feel 'at home' pretty soon. Alternatively we can use the original HGN content, which I do have stored in my PC and that I can upload - if Silver no longer has it, which I doubt.

2) Now onto the map, for start I wouldn't use srp_sector 42, it is one of the nicest maps in my opinion - but way too big, and people need to be on smaller map to get to know each other first. Darkdolina would be great, or Garbage.

3) And the last thing, the admins. Since HGN's srp died, there have been few stalker roleplays. Their admins were just painful, be it their age, or horrible handling of the 'job' or just missing common sense. I'd like to see old-new admins, aka the people that were in HGN before. Most of them do have the experience of roleplaying, and actually they have grown up too, since it's been a few years. Means most of them are mature by now, or well just not pre-teens anymore.
Also I'd be interested in being an admin, incase you need more people. Hehhhh

Added numbers to paragraphs - Blake

Blake.H

1) I'm not sure about the TnB Content, maybe we could take it and cut it down to a more apropriate theme, I.E only use specific models and items within our server. I must say though that it's the most complete pack out there. This is something i will have to discuss with Silver.

2) I'm with you on the map sense, i think something familiar (and finished...) would be good.  Darkdolina would possibly be a good choice to get the server going i'll be asking others for their Opinion.

3) I appreciate your imput on future admins but more to the point how would you like the admins to work? How would you like them to be structured? And how would you like them to be organised and lead?

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Knife_cz

Quote from: Blake.H on 03-06-2014
3) I appreciate your imput on future admins but more to the point how would you like the admins to work? How would you like them to be structured? And how would you like them to be organised and lead?
How would I want them to be organised and lead hmmm
Well of course start with one Head admin, somebody who is trusted and won't abuse shizzle and nizzle just for scrips or some lolpower of admin. He should also older than 16 yo, because hell the common sense is still just coming to you around that age.
The head admin should then make some admins, or open applications for them. Just don't create some kind of a cirlejerk

jaik

Quote from: Knife_cz on 03-06-2014
I'd like to see old-new admins, aka the people that were in HGN before. Most of them do have the experience of roleplaying, and actually they have grown up too, since it's been a few years.

Most if not all of those people have already essentially retired from RP, GMod or even Steam and the rest are just terrible.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Akira

Quote from: Jake on 05-06-2014
Most if not all of those people have already essentially retired from RP, GMod or even Steam and the rest are just terrible.

I'll just count myself to both sides.

Lucky Pig

I can't believe I'm back here again...

1)Well, regarding the content I don't think there was anything wrong with it per say, because I for one don't mind the gun I'm holding because it's going to be lethal if fired at a person in most cases. Suitwise it would be nice to have some variation even between same suits, AKA a few skins for 1 item like the Sunrise, so it looks a BIT different.

2)As for the map I don't mind really, any that was featured in the old SRP should be fine with me.

3)Regarding admins, well on the same lines as Knife, really. I still remember the incidents...

Although I don't know if this is going to kick off at all, but it might be nice for a change.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 05-06-2014
I can't believe I'm back here again...

1)Well, regarding the content I don't think there was anything wrong with it per say, because I for one don't mind the gun I'm holding because it's going to be lethal if fired at a person in most cases. Suitwise it would be nice to have some variation even between same suits, AKA a few skins for 1 item like the Sunrise, so it looks a BIT different.

2)As for the map I don't mind really, any that was featured in the old SRP should be fine with me.

3)Regarding admins, well on the same lines as Knife, really. I still remember the incidents...

Although I don't know if this is going to kick off at all, but it might be nice for a change.

@ Your first point, I did tons of variations in the end for all the standard suits - some skin changes, gas masks etc.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zen

Well of course start with one Head admin, somebody who is trusted and won't abuse shizzle and nizzle just for scrips or some lolpower of admin. He should also older than 16 yo, because hell the common sense is still just coming to you around that age.
The head admin should then make some admins, or open applications for them. Just don't create some kind of a cirlejerk

I do not agree with having one head admin, I personally think that is a flawed structure which actually creates circlejerking to some extent. Although it is a tried and tested way of having some form of administration in the end it almost always ends in failure because of diagreements between admins. If we went for a different approach where every admin was at the same level and had the same access then it would promote more talking between admins which could potentionally solve problems and disagreements quicker. That is however just my thought on the matter, see to it as you will.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Zen on 06-06-2014

I do not agree with having one head admin, I personally think that is a flawed structure which actually creates circlejerking to some extent. Although it is a tried and tested way of having some form of administration in the end it almost always ends in failure because of diagreements between admins. If we went for a different approach where every admin was at the same level and had the same access then it would promote more talking between admins which could potentionally solve problems and disagreements quicker. That is however just my thought on the matter, see to it as you will.
But then again, what if the group of admins splits in two bunchs and they disagree all the time. No higher admin would be able to do the final decision.

Tom

I'm not sure but didn't GGL have that kind of rank structure? Where all the admins where the same level?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Zen

But then again, what if the group of admins splits in two bunchs and they disagree all the time. No higher admin would be able to do the final decision.

What you forget is that there is always a "higher" admin. No matter how you make the admin structure there is always going to be an owner which in our case is Silver. Who is higher than the "head" admin. However luckily in our case in my experience Silver tended to stay out of admin decisions and left it up to the admins to figure out. In an ideal situation, with the idea of all admins being equal. Silver would act as a mediator that would step in when admins were really being retarded which in the case you brought up would prevent that by just removing their admin all together because obviously the whole idea of being apart of an admin group is to communicate with eachother and not cause arguements.

You might argue that even with the idea of all admins being equal they are never equal because of the obvious superiority of Silver but again I would argue that luckily in our case Silver largely stays out of issues that are to do with admins and players unless it's something that really needs sorting out.

Tom

Silver has never and will probably still never play on his own servers, now-a-days I don't think he's interested at all in ever stepping in (Which is good, it used to piss admins off when he would considering he never plays)
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

jaik

You're actually wrong. It was tried here, and the position was called Core Admin, which, I can assure you, did not work. Shitstorms will happen regardless if there's a single individual at the top or not.

What you forget is that there is always a "higher" admin. No matter how you make the admin structure there is always going to be an owner which in our case is Silver. Who is higher than the "head" admin. However luckily in our case in my experience Silver tended to stay out of admin decisions and left it up to the admins to figure out. In an ideal situation, with the idea of all admins being equal. Silver would act as a mediator that would step in when admins were really being retarded which in the case you brought up would prevent that by just removing their admin all together because obviously the whole idea of being apart of an admin group is to communicate with eachother and not cause arguements.

You might argue that even with the idea of all admins being equal they are never equal because of the obvious superiority of Silver but again I would argue that luckily in our case Silver largely stays out of issues that are to do with admins and players unless it's something that really needs sorting out.

Silver hasn't really given much thought about the internal issues of SRP or HGN for a good while now, and it has always been on the shoulders of individuals who he chose to be Super Visors, who never had much power or competence to begin with.

To answer your hopes of reason among a circle of admins that have an equal rank -- there's a reason why educational institutions usually wield authoritarian principles.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Edited. Need to RETHINK

Blake.H

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"