Exusia Part II: Pharos (GO if you want to join in PM me)

Started by Paintcheck, 01-09-2010

Paintcheck

Rules

1. No powergaming
2. You may play as many characters at a time as you like but you must treat them as separate. No magically sharing information or items or anything between them, you must RP doing so as if the other chars were played by other people
3. Try to let all characters involved in an RP get a word in before continuing. IE if Tom, me, and Mango are RPing than I should wait for Tom and Mango to respond to my actions before I post again. This is up to your discretion naturally but please try not to end events before everyone gets a chance to RP in it
4. PM me questions about lore/suggestions you have for it. I deliberately kept it pretty open but I have standards so do not be bringing in your own inventions without consulting me.
5. Have fun.

OOC Information
Note: A lot of stuff is intentionally left vague because I didn't think about this for all that long. Chances are if there is something I do not explain and you have an idea for how you want that aspect to work, PM me and I will go over it and if I like it I will add it to the lore.

The Exusian Empire spans several solar systems and numerous planets in the galaxy. In its heyday it was the power in the galaxy but recently it has fallen on hard times. Surrounded by smaller empires all eager to claim parts of it for themselves and facing strife internally Exusia is approaching its final days.

The Empire's economy is almost feudalistic in a sense with wealthy "nobles" (Highborns) owning huge portions of the Empire's wealth. Most Highborns own huge portions of planets in the Empire, some own entire planets themselves. Entire populations of people work under these nobles and although most nobles try to keep their populations happy (since an entire planetfull of hostile peasants could be hazardous to one's health) after hundreds of years the Lowborns are tired of having no political say. Riots, uprisings, and general disorder are becoming more and more frequent. Coupled with external attacks from neighboring systems and slowly but surely Exusia is falling apart.

The last line of defence against the chaos is a group known as the Gunslingers. (Yes I ripped it off of The Dark Tower, don't care). This group could be equated almost with the spectres in Mass Effect, the Jedi in Star Wars, or...well the Gunslingers in the Dark Tower series (I never said this was original). They are essentially above the law and can act as soldiers, assassins, diplomats, or almost any other role needed to protect the crumbling empire. Only Highborns are chosen to fill the ranks of the Gunslingers and they are trained starting at 13 should they pass initiation. Lately though the gunslinger numbers have been dwindling due to the various conflicts. Because of this and desperate to prolong their way of life, the ruling Highborns have begun to conscript a small number of Lowborns who prove themselves to be "worthy". Typically these Lowborns come from "upper class" peasantry, are educated, and are chosen because they stand out in a relevant field (ie top of their class in college, extremely skilled athlete, extremely high scores in intelligence tests, etc). They are often seen as "second class" despite not being any less skilled.

Technology:
Guns still use bullets, no lasers. No "shields", armor is ok and yes fairly advanced armor exists in this world but if you want to play as a rebel char you likely do not have access to it. Faster than light travel exists but it's not very relevant at this point. Depending on how far this goes that might come into play. Cars are hydrogen powered or electric, internal combustion engines exist but aren't ultra common. PDAs and smartphones and the like are all over the place...just be reasonable with what you want your character to have.

Weapons and Armor

Hephaestus Arms B-5 Ensi: The Ensi is a simple bullpup submachinegun favored by rebels looking for compact firepower. Reasonably accurate and with a high ROF the Ensi is well-known for being a quality subgun. Like most SMGs the small caliber round does not lend itself to stopping power or long range but up close it can be quite deadly.

Hephaestus Arms Gladius Assault Weapon: Essentially a machinegun strapped to a semiautomatic grenade launcher, this is the weapon of choice for elite Exusian assault teams. Too heavy to be used effectively by a normal human, these are typically wielded by power armored soldiers.

Hephaestus Arms Damon Assault Rifle: The standad issue rifle of the Exusian army, large quantities of these have also fallen into rebel hands. Made out of reinforced polymer it is very light while still being very strong. Fires a standard assault rifle bullet in full or semi automatic. Can be fitted with a grenade launcher and other accessories depending on the soldier's needs. Another solid weapon from HA.

Sinclair Arms Javelin: Hephaestus is known for its mass-produced military weapons. Sinclair Arms focuses on higher quality and more specialized weapons and because of this it is the favorite gunsmith of most Gunslingers. The Javelin pump action rifle has been around for nearly a century and still remains the gold standard in pump action rifles, forming the action for the personal rifles of many Gunslingers. Magazine fed and very accurate, the Javelin shoots a full-sized round and is the weapon of choice for aspiring snipers.

Gunslinger Weapons: Gunslinger weapons are typically made-to-order or very heavily modified production weapons. Most Gunslingers prefer power and accuracy over raw speed so the vast majority of Gunslingers carry revolvers, typically chambered in large caliber rounds. A Gunslinger's revolver is usually extremely personalized to his or her tastes.

Gunslinger long guns typically tend to be similar. Usually high caliber bolt or pump action rifles (although some Gunslingers do carry semiautomatic rifles or even assault rifles depending on their choice of tactics), these are again highly customized for each individual.

Hephaestus Arms Power Armor: Heavy arm can take a toll on combat effectiveness so Hephaestus Arms designed an ingenious array of powered suits of armor. These range from the "Vigorium", an older suit that still offers excellent protection against smaller bullets to the fearsome "Deimos Assault Armor".

Important People ((If you want to play as one of these people, let me know we'd be glad to have you in. Also if you make up your own character PM me details and I'll add you to the list.))

Ares (Paintcheck): An inexperienced Lowborn Gunslinger, Ares formerly worked in the family gunsmithing business. Fought on Pharos during the Exusian defeat and was largely responsible for destroying the rebel supply chain on Isis. Currently hunting SOT-U746-L1456-14 'Eros', an Exusian "supersoldier" gone rogue. In a relationship with Athena, a Highborn Gunslinger who went through training with him, although she is currently Missing in Action and presumed captured on Pharos. Real name is Stephen Sinclair.

SOT-U746-L1456-14 'Eros' (Tom): An Exusian project gone awry, Eros was originally conceived as a way to bridge the gap between grunts and Gunslingers. Went Missing in Action after his first mission along with most of his squad, then turned up as a Rebel leader. Eluded capture at Isis and is now on Pharos. In a relationship with SOM-U755-L1456-183, another supersoldier prototype.

SOM-U755-L1456-183 'Phoebe'  (Bto): The other missing supersoldier, a medic. Escaped Isis with Eros, now on Pharos. ((Tom tell me her name so I can add it))

Tank (Mango): A rebel with a penchant for destruction, Tank is easily identifiable by the salvaged power army he wears and the wake of destruction he very often leaves in his wake. Not the brightest spark by a long shot, he escaped Isis with Eros and is presumably on Pharos.

Athena (Paintcheck/Open, PM me.): Ares' love interest. Was captured during the Rout of Pharos and has been in a rebel prison camp ever since. Real name is Ashley Hall.

Achilles (Tom): An almost legendary gunslinger, was presumed dead until Ares ran into him on Pharos waging a 1 man guerrilla war against the rebels on their own planet.

Chloe: An inexperienced Gunslinger who serves as Achilles' spotter.

Important Places
Pharos

One month ago Pharos became the site of Exusia's most crushing defeat. Located on the edge of the Empire, Pharos is a small planet used as a fuel stop for traders moving between the Exusian Empire and space beyond. Because it is on the edge of Exusian space agents from the neighboring Gral Alliance, eager to undermine Exusian authority, were able to smuggling equipment to rebels operating on the planet. In a series of surprise attacks, rebels were able to cripple long range communication and other military targets. Within a month they controlled the capital. Backed up by a Gral blockade, Pharos is a black eye for Exusia.

Olympus

The capital world of the Exusian Empire, Olympus is a very wealthy planet. Sprawling cities cover the planet which has a mild, temperate climate. All of the individual cities are owned by Highborns and most cities are divided up into Lowborn and Highborn districts (although this is more by choice and isn't a law). Discrimination and tension tends to run high these days as more and more Border Worlds notice more and more unrest. Ares and Athena were both born here. The Gunslingers are based here as is the seat of the Exusian government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paintcheck

The sound of automatic weapons fire and the shouts of soldiers had become constant in the past few days. The end was coming and everyone knew it though the Exusian troops still fought bitterly against the Rebel onslaught but they were already being evacuated. The rebels were moving through Pharos' capital too quickly to be stopped.

"Athena, Ares this is Hermes 5-9, we're the last bird off this rock. Advise you start falling back to the courtyard now for extraction. Reports indicate the Gral's almost have a full blockade up and most of our space assets are already gone. We need to get going over."

Over the gunfire the radio was hard to hear even though she had an earpiece. She looked over at Ares, who returned the look as if to say "You answer I'm busy." He leans back into the stairwell and fires twice, then ducks back into the room as a hail of bullets spray up the wall. He leans over to her, practically shouting over the noise even though they are only a few yards apart.

"Rebels downstairs."

Well he never was long-winded.

"Yeah roger that Hermes 5-9 we are completely surrounded here we cannot reach the courtyard. You're going to have to pick us up, over."

She goes back to the window and swings her rifle up in one fluid, graceful motion and fires, catching a rebel across the street in the head. He drops, his weapon clattering across the pavement.

"Not at your current location. 3 blocks down there is a parking garage, get to the top of that and we will come get you, over."

She steps out, lines up another rebel and squeezes the trigger, causing his upper chest to explode in a red mist. She slings her rifle, knowing that that was her last bullet. Drawing her revolver, a sleek 6 shooter she crosses to the stairwell. "We need to go down. Through them."

Ares fires another round down the stairwell and is rewarded with an abrupt scream that turns into a gurgle. He slings his rifle and draws his own revolver, an 8 shot monstrous handcannon of a thing. He nods at her "Where to?"

"Down 3 blocks there's a parking garage."

He looks at her as if he wants to tell her something, then swallows and his face goes hard again. "3 blocks. Parking Garage." He holds up a fist and she pounds it with her own. If we live through this I'm going to...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the bark of Ares' gun as he moves down the stairs. She follows after him, staying 2 steps behind so she can shoot over his head. He stops at a landing to reload and she steps past him, taking the lead and blasting two rebels in the time it took for Ares' spent rounds to hit the floor. She reaches the bottom and peaks around the corner.

The room is filled with 10 rebels and outside on the street she catches a glimpse of several more running down the road towards the capitol building. She curses quietly to herself and yanks her head back around the corner as a flurry of bullets riddle the stairs. She slides two more rounds into her gun and slides around the corner, firing as she moves towards the door. Ares is right behind her, though he doesn't emulate her athletic bounding across the room. He empties his pistol at the few left standing after Athena ran through and follows her outside, oblivious to the fire coming from all directions.

They run down the road, killing rebels as they go with cold precision and no wasted shots. She can see the parking garage and shouts into her radio "Hermes 5-9 we see the garage start you-" A searing pain shoots up from just under her right buttock, cutting off her sentence with a shriek of pain. She stumbles and Ares catches her almost in stride and launches them into the garage.

"Athena say again, over."

Gritting her teeth through the pain she speaks again "Hermes 5-9 we are at the garage get here as fast as you can, over"

He sets her down somewhat gently and whirls around, firing at a rebel passing by the doorway. She hauls herself to her feet, biting off another scream and hobbles up the stairs. Ares follows behind her, keeping her upright and pushing her forward. She shoots over his shoulder as another rebel enters the doorway, the big round smashes through his face. In the distance she can hear the whine of Hermes 5-9 as the shuttle gets closer. The sound seems to reinvigorate her and they finally reach the top. She leans against the wall as Ares scouts the roof out, covering the stairway. The shuttle comes closer, miniguns hosing down the streets as bullets off of its armor. The rebels come closer too, forcing her out of the stairwell. Ares grabs her rifle and slings it over his shoulder. He looks again like he wants to tell her something but then sees the shuttle and starts to move towards it. The side doors open and the two dash for it, firing over their shoulders at the small hoard filing up the stairs. Ares leaps and dives into the bird he turns around and extends his hand but she stumbles and falls. The rebels are right on top of her and the pilot firewalls the throttles. Hermes 5-9 rockets away into the distance. Ares lets out a short snarl of rage as they leave her behind, knowing there is nothing he can do for her now.

She sees the shuttle leave and rolls over onto her back, training keeping her from understanding exactly what happened. The rebels advance on her, weapons drawn and she knows there are too many of them. She looks at her gun Empty... The rebels advance on her cautiously having all just witnessed first hand how dangerous a Gunslinger can be. They realize she is empty and set upon her. One punches her in the face, another kicks her onto her stomach. She grits her teeth, begging herself to not give them the satisfaction of hearing her scream. One of the rebels grabs her by her braided hair and lifts her to her knees as others yank her loadbearing gear off and then followed by her gunbelt and gun which the apparent leader takes. The one with the hold on her hair lets go and kicks her viciously back onto her stomach. He plants a boot on the back of her neck and she can feel the metal of a gunbarrel places against her head as her arms are wrenched behind her and her wrists tightly bound. Tears stream down her face and she is ashamed but the realization that she is now a prisoner and has been abandoned has caught up to the pain from the gunshot.

Everything goes quiet for a moment as the rebels exchange looks that seem to say "...Did we actually just capture a GUNSLINGER?" and then they erupt in cheers as if this has won them the entire war. They crowd around her, eager for a look at the young woman who only an hour ago was the deadliest person on this entire planet. Some of them spit and jeer her. Please let them kill me quickly, please don't let them rape me she thinks almost desperately as one of them starts to grope her breasts, laughing as she squirms.

"There will be time for that later, Max. Get this bitch back to HQ," the apparent leader says. She gets hauled to her feet, one rebel on each side drags her forward while another keeps his hand on the back of her neck and a gun against her head.

They arrive at the HQ shortly. Her bleeding leg seems to be on fire although at some point during her capture someone had bandaged it so their prize wouldn't bleed to death.

"Take the bitch to Amor, he gets first dibs. Sorry Max, sloppy seconds for you." He hands Max her gun and gunbelt. Max feigns disappointment as he takes them and runs his fingers through her hair with his other hand. He spanks her, hard, and she lets out a moan as his hand connects with the gunshot wound. "Come on, Amor's waiting little girl."

Why didn't that round kill me? she thinks to herself as she is frog marched to the rebel command center. The rebels setting up the command center exchange looks, looking from the gun and back to her. They drag her to the center of the room and shove her to her knees. She feels completely exposed and helpless under the gaze of the rebel commanders and again wishes she was dead. A murmur picks up in the room as the realization of who this is finally hits.

The one who is clearly in charge of the lot steps forward. "Hope you like Pharos, bitch because you are going to be here a loooooooonnnnngggg time." He backhands her viciously, knocking her over on her side. She doesn't even try to get up. He laughs.

"Good work. Drag her sorry ass to the prison. I'll be down there to deal with her shortly." Max nods and turns to her, mimicking a thrust as he does so and chuckles at the look of horror that crosses her face. He and his cohorts haul her back up and drag her to a cell. They shover her in and she stumbles, falling in a heap on the floor. They lock the door and leave, leaving her hands tied.

Athena starts to cry.

Tom

Later a masculine figgure enters the cell. It moves to the dark coner of the room and lights a cigar, it later blows smoke into the lighter part of the cell, He begins to speak, he has a deep voice, with a sort of Highborn accent to it. "So we have finaly done it. . . Captured the most valuable tool in the exusains arsenal. . . Im impressed but the rebels are mostly ruffians, im still supprised that a Gunslinger. . . Of all the people we can capture we manage to nab you. . . A gunslinger. . . So, Like I said most of the rebels are Ruffians and normal people. . . and you are one of the first prisoners on the newly founded Rebel planet. . . So the others would like to do on to you as your people would do on to us. . . But that philosphy is flawed in many ways. . . Forgive me I am rude. . ." The figgure emerges from the shaddows and looks to be a man in "Biker" like clothing, he has a 6 o clock shadow of a beard, and his hair is about ear length, He also looks to be in his mid to late 40's "I am Amor."

Athena tries to hide the fact that she has been crying, ashamed. She doesn't say anything to him.

Amor continues "Right, I understand if you are not in the talking mood, especaily since you where threatened with sexual assault and rape, Beleiv me. . . I will personally handle anyone who does any of that, I see rapists as lower than a mix between manuer and that white foam that accumulates around the mouth when you are very thirsty. . . Speaking of which are you. . . Hungery or thirsty?" He removes a canteen from his belt.

She is very thirsty but again doesn't want to show any more weakness than she already has. SHe stares at the wall.

"Are you sure you don't want anything? I can get you anything you need, or do somethings for you, Like possibly remove your bindings."

She still stays silent, staring at the wall, although everything he offers at this point she wants badly.

He stares at her for a period of time "You have nothing to fear. . . and anything you say or do in here wont matter. . . we are in a closed cell. . . I pose no threat to you. . . Talk to me and stop giving me the cold shoulder.

After a long pause she finally says, "If you are going to do aything to me, just get it over with already."

He looks dumb struck for a period of time "Wait. . . What do you mean?"

You heard me.
Just kill me already, no reason to drag this out.
Despite her best attempt she sounds and looks absolutely defeated and humiliated.

"On second thought I think Max may want to get his freak on. . . and though he may be a sick fuck, he is no necrophiliac. . ."

"NO" She sounds terrified.

He looks over trying not to look apologetic he looks as though he wants to apologize but dosn't "Okay then. . . So, I guess since you know me it would be nice If I knew your name as well.

Immediately afterward Fucking SHOW SOME BACKBONE, girl. She stares at the wall again.

He stares at her, his stare is rather creepy in this lighting, it looks as though he hasn't slept in forever, "So, whats your name Ma'am?"

He makes his way to the after a long period of silence door "Guard, have Max get me a chair and a Ruffie colada ASAP. wait scratch the colada just some more bindings in a ball gag."

He's bluffing. He already said he wouldn't do it. She bites back fear

"So would Max be stealing your maiden head? Or will this not be your first encounter with such a thing?" He says in a serious tone

She bites her tongue, refusing to answer.
Foot steps are heard from down the hall.

He nods and exits the cell "Ill see you sometime later Slinger."

She lets out a deep breath when he leaves

Alright now just do that about 500 million more times and maybe by then someone will rescue you She sighs to herself at the thought
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Tom

// Double post But whatever.

1 month later

Eros, Tank and a handfull of rebels emerge on the capital of Pharos walking through the gates which are heavily guarded by a brigade of rebel troops.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Present Day

Ares bashes the alarm clock with his fist and sits up. I kind of miss having other people here he thinks as he surveys his empty apartment. Taylor has long since found a job and moved out and his most recent missions all involved work inside Olympus or more training. He sighed at the prospect of another day of drudgery. Even assassination work got boring when the targets had predictable patterns and habits and lived all of 2 miles away.

He turned on his PDA and checked it over, hoping for an assignment that didn't involve skulking around roofs at night in the Lowborn sector with a rifle.

To: Ares

Subject: Assignment

Ares

The top has a job for you. Be at base at 1400 today. As always this is Most Classified.

Ares sighs and deletes the message. Wonder what fun this will result in. He pulls off his underwear and climbs into the shower. He quickly scrubs himself down and dries himself off. He pulls on his gear, buckling his gunbelt on last. He pulls on his duster and heads out.

Arriving promptly at 1400 hours at the briefing room he takes a seat just as Jupitar walks in. Jupitar takes a look at him and frowns, displeased as always to have to deal with a Lowborn.

"From the intel we gathered from Isis we have determined that SOT-U746-L1456-14-or 'Eros' as he calls himself apparently-is indeed on Pharos."

I told you that a few weeks ago you stupid fuck.

"I seem to recall mentioning that two weeks ago." Not even a "good job, Ares.

Jupitar sneers at him. "Right. Now we do not have the resources to take the planet back now as they are devoted to fighting off the constant threats that face the Borderlands these days but we do wish to send them a message. We want to put a Gunslinger on the ground at Pharos for deep recon and a few assassinations. Just to keep them on their toes you see."

And you want me to do it because there is absolutely no way I will be able to get off planet again.

Ares nods. "When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow. Get your gear together. We have arranged for you to go in on a weapons shipment. We have a double agent who smuggles supplies to Pharos, he's your contact. You will meet him tonight and then leave tomorrow morning. You will make a stop at a border planet, probably Styx"-he practically spits the word out-"to pickup the goods and disguise your origin. Once you get on the ground you're on your own." He doesn't say "Good riddance" but Ares can tell that is strongly implied.

"That all?"

"Yes. Gather your gear."

He heads back home and packs up what he needs. He brings his usual backpack over by the door to his apartment and sets it down. His rifle is disassembled inside, as is his revolver. He changes into civilian clothes and tucks a more pedestrian pistol into a holster at the small of his back. Grabbing a jacket, he sets off to meet with the contact.

At the rendezvous point Ares meets with the smuggler, a wiry man who gives his name as Jack though Ares very much doubts that is his real name.  They go over the plan and go their separate ways. Well if nothing else at least I can wind up in the same prison cell as Ash thinks Ares bemusedly as he says good night and heads home.

The next day Jack picks him up and they board his ship, a small, fast craft. Ares doesn't doubt that this man knows a thing or two about breaking the law.

The stop at Styx takes a few hours as the weapons get loaded into the hold. Ares frowns at the thought of helping to deliver all this to the rebellion but he sees no other way to get on planet without attracting a lot of attention.

After a few days of travel they arrive at Pharos. Ares watches intently as the pale yellow ball grows bigger and bigger on the view screen. He notes the Gral blockade is still orbiting but they seem to pay the ship no mind as Jack darts in and places them on an approach course to the capital. "I've made this run several times, they know me," he explains. Ares doesn't push the matter further.

They land and a group of workers start unloading the crates. Ares grabs his pack and shoulders it. He shakes Jack's hand "See you" and walks off into the city. That was surprisingly easy. And then he remembers that Eros is here and Eros knows what he looks like. We'll deal with that when it happens. He pats the automatic tucked behind him, wishing he could have his revolver with him because that worked so well the last time.

Night falls and he leaves his rented apartment (paid for in advance in cash for 3 months). Time to go to work. Having scouted around the city earlier that day (and remembering how it was a month ago) he sets off for the prison. Let's see if Eros told me the truth.

The large concrete structure looms in the dark. From his perch on a small hill he scans the perimeter with his binoculars. He spots a back entrance and heads for that, trying to stay stealthy. He finds the door locked with a key card. Well that won't work. He heads back the way he came, trying to avoid getting spotted.

He returns to his apartment, disappointed but realizing that at least he is on the same planet as Ash...If she's still alive his cynical side tells him.

He sits down on his bed and thinks. Eros is probably at their base over in the capital. He'd be able to get me what I need. How do I get him in the open. He looks at his PDA and smiles. Well he did say he would trade...

He removes the device and makes sure the secure transmission mode is on so as not to leave a backtrail.

To: Eros
Subject: Trade

Message: You said you would trade Taylor for Athena? Well I may or may not be in the neighborhood with her. We're done pumping her for information and we'd like our Gunslinger back. Message me back at 145.162.78.90 since you won't be able to trace this.

Ares

Your move, Eros. He starts to put his rifle together, whistling "Iris" as he does so.

Tom

To: You know who
Subject: Meh, thats cool I guess. . . I could care less. . . And tell your buddies to meet me in the main prison, use the front entrance
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Subject: How stupid do you think I am? I'm not walking into a fucking prison on only your word that Athena is alive. How about we meet somewhere less hazardous to my health. See the attachment where I want to meet at.

Attached is a map with an area marked. It is a clearing about 3 miles from the city surrounded by trees and shrubs.

Tom

Subject: And for all I know you have the calvalry behind you and you are going to kick my ass. . . Thanks but no.
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

To Eros

Subject: What the hell?

How the FUCK would I bring the cavalry here, you guys own the whole planet.
And if I did have the cavlary why would have them meet you only 3 miles from town?

He waits for a moment and sure enough Eros answers.

Subject: That crazy sniper

What I mean by calvalry is that crazy ass sniper you guys left here. . .Assassin thing. . .
Its all I hear about. . .

Interesting. Need to find him.

From Ares

Subject: Who?

He's not one of mine. Possibly a disgruntled soldier who got left in the evac. Doubtless there's some out there. Where would you want to meet then that is actually feasible?

After another short wait, it seems Eros has nothing better to do.

Subject: Somewhere Safe
In the city walls Of course. . . I'd rather not have my head removed. . .

He frowns and replies back.

Subject: And that works for me how?

And I'd rather not get accosted by an army. Actually you know what? This will be agreeable symmetry. About 20 blocks South from the Capital is an apartment building that is in bad shape. That's inside your walls. Go to the top floor of that and wait and I'll meet you up there.

Bet he doesn't fall for that...

Subject: Fine

How Do I know this isn't anouther plod to kill me, Im gonna bring a few people to watch the place, make sure you don't try anything stupid.

Beautiful

To Eros

Subject: Time

Pick a time and I will meet you there.

Tom

Eros: Some time tommorow I guess. Noonish?
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Subject: Time

Sure.

Ares puts his PDA away and loads his rifle. He wonders what Athena is doing right now. Patience. Patience. He crawls into bed and turns the light off.

Mangoman

Tank walks into the room that Eros is in. "So  what we doin' to him."

Tom

Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank sighs "So we're not doing anything to this fucker....?"

Paintcheck

Ares wakes up and checks his watch Plenty of time. He gets dressed and grabs his rifle and backpack. He slings the rifle and pulls his pack on over it, so that only the stock and barrel can be seen. Ought to be good enough for the average passerby. He heads into the wartorn part of the city.

Arriving at the apartment complex nearly two hours early he steps inside and carefully goes floor by floor, checking for any suspicious...anything. Although we made this deal last night so the odds of him getting something in here are low.... After searching the whole building he exits. He crosses the street and enters the next building over. "Enters" is used loosely as this "building" is little more than a pile of rubble that still bears a passing resemblance to a highrise. He carefully makes his way up to the top and sets up. Laying his pack down he removes a knife and starts to widen a bullet hole in the concrete with it. When he's satisfied with the width and he slides the pack over and sets his rifle on top of it, using it as a bench rest. He takes a sip of water from the bladder in the pack and checks his watch. Half an hour to go.

Tom

Sirens go off after a few reports from a high calibur rifle, possibly a sniper, Rebels are seen scattering about. An intercom goes off "Warning, There is a sniper in the town, keep your eyes peeled and keep your head down, I repeat a sniper is in the tow-" The intercom suddenly cuts off and a second voice is heard "It is my mission to take as many of you down as I can! I may have been left here but you will not take me alive and I will not go softly or quietly!" The intercom goes back to the normal speaker "We will find you and dispatch you MURDERER!" There is some dismay in the streets.
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank hears the speakers "Want me to deal with that...?"

Tom

Eros turns and replys "No, but I will need more protection for this delecate situation at hand, Ill need you and a few others."
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tom

// Since I don't want to spoil anything.

Later on Eros, Tank and an enturage of about 40 Rebels make there way to the structure Eros says over radio "Clear the building, make sure Ares is not hiding the sniper!" Eros has a hostage who is in a body bag with air-holes in it.
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

The movement up to the building attracts Ares' attention. He observes the force go inside as well as Tank and Eros bringing up the rear. Oh wow that is original he thinks as he sees the bag. Good think I didn't wait for him

Ares chambers a round and levels his rifle at a window on the apartment building. With his left hand he sends a PDA message.

Subject: 40? Really?

Alright take her out of the body bag and send your 40 boys home and you, me, and that idiot Tank can talk like normal people. I must say I am a little impatient right now so I would suggest sending them home quickly.

He sets his PDA aside and tightens up behind his rifle. He aims at the visible head of one of the rebels and waits.

Tom

Eros: Or I can not be guarded and get shot by that sniper, Im not gonna risk my fucking LIFE TO SATISFY YOU! Roll with it or GET THE FUCK OUT! Ill just have my troops clear all the buildings on this block and then your fucked anyway, You shoot at them I find you, pick you off Good Going, Keep in mind I am as fast as you, I know all about combat as well. . . Do not test me. . . Roll with it or Ill kill you and your girl. . .
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank looks on Eros's PDA. "OH that faggot just called me a idiot...He's dead."

Paintcheck

Subject: Fair Enough

What do you mean "roll with it" you want me to just walk in there with your little army? Unzip the bag and let me see Athena, just bring her up to any of the windows and I'll see her. And you do not want to get into a pissing contest with me, Eros so let's keep this civil and we can all go home without any new holes in our bodies.

He scans the windows for any higher value targets that he might be able to see.

Tom

Subject: . . .

You don't trust me? I don't trust you. . . You brought a fucking sniper with you. . .
Oh boy.