Exusia Part I: Isis

Started by Paintcheck, 26-08-2010

Mangoman

Tank moves around a bit, struggling to fit in the back seat with his armor on. He trys not to poke Ares with the spikes on his armor, as he rests his right shoulder on the seat. "Remember, my boys are riding on the back, so make sure you hit a few bumpy roads *Laughs*".

AwDs

The mercenary shrugs. "I just got here" Then he rubs his hand together and starts moving towards the bar. // with a car rammed into it.. lol\\
I'm Gay!

Paintcheck

Ares waits for the rest of the party to respond, especially the girl. Would be nice to know what she call herself instead of "SOM whatever-the-fuck"...yeah I'm real professional. He laughs to himself and watches the scenery change from the somewhat-dilapidated buildings of the port to open countryside.

After about an hour the party arrives at what appears to be an old quarry. At the bottom of it are prefab structures and supply crates. Rebels mill about, preparing detonators, training with their weapons, and stacking crates into vehicles. Jackpot. Ares mentally notes the location of what he thinks are the most flammable or explosive buildings in the quarry, though the solid stone will make sabotage difficult. Although that isn't my job. I'll leave it for the Army to crack this nut, he decides.

Eros drives up slowly, clearly showing he is not an Exusian Patrol but just driving one of their cars. He parks it in what seems to be acting as a motor pool and the party disembarks.

Mangoman

Tank's men run off to a a metal shack in the south-west of the quarry, adorned with metal and spikes. Tank himself slowly steps out of the car, stretching out in the open air.
   "Well shit, if the average patrolmen can fit into that piece of shit, then we have nothing to worry about..." Tank says, yawning. He fiddles with the folded over Cleaver on his armguard, before slowly starting to make his way to the same shack as his henchmen.
  "Gotta go sharpen these damn things!", he exclaims before dissapearing from view.

Tom

Eros nods and leads Ares and the woman along "You're looking for the rebel leader right?"

He also nods to Tank as he runs off.

He starts to lead them through the court yard, the rebels are either patrol, Training, guarding, or just fucking around in general. He leads them to the tunnel entrance and down an elevator the go. They make it to the deeper end of the quarry. You see a few well armed rebels. . . Some in out dated Exusian armors, even one in a Vigorium MK I power suit. a few in Onyxian armor, and a few in Velevian Armors. . . He makes his way with Ares and The woman to his own quarters, he ushers the woman in and waits for Ares to step through.

((Keep in mind you guys can RP in seperate locations. So if you want to continue the RP but you are Not with Eros and Ares, By all means do so. BTW Velvian is of the Velvia Republic, and the Onyxian is of the Onyx estates))
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Ares follows them in. "The guy in the picture is him? Yeah, I would appreciate that"

He takes stock of his surroundings, scoping out windows, exits, and other important aspects of the room that might come into play later. I need to get them alone and not surrounded by other rebels. Blade would work but Command wants them alive...

Originally pleased with his good luck at being literally led into the lion's den upon merely asking the logistics of the situation finally caught up with him. He still had the Ensi and his revolver and could probably win any gunfight against the poorly-trained rebels but...the odds were not exactly in his favor numerically and extraction was a day out at best. He considers his options:

1. Call in the cavalry and get the hell out of Dodge. Would take a few days for force to show up but clearly this base wouldn't be going anywhere in that time. Command might be upset at losing its two very expensive super soldiers but in return a major rebel staging area (possibly the major rebel staging area) would be gone...although depending on how dug into the rock the base was that could take a while and the leaders might escape beforehand. Ares rejected this idea.

2. Take SOT and SOM (or "Eros" and...the girl was a quiet one wasn't she?) alive and steal a vehicle. Get extracted. Then send the big guns in. This was the most appealing idea but to pull it off he would have to be very good and pretty lucky. Controlling the two by himself would be difficult although the romantic attachment (if there actually was one and it wasn't just for show) might work in his favor...

3. Kill them both and take a vehicle. This would at least remove any ambiguity but Ares rejected this idea. He didn't like killing people in cold blood, the Gunslingers had always been reputed to be honorable fighters (although this was certainly not always the case, especially in these dark times). That would certainly be the easiest course of action but that also represented a huge loss on the government's likely-very expensive investment into these two...although then it occurred to Ares that he had no idea what they were planning to do to the 2 if he brought them in alive. If the answer to that question is "Summary Execution" then I could save everyone a lot of trouble by doing it myself... He filed that plan away also.

Option two appealed the most to him for the time being. He made a note to get the location out to his handlers tonight. At the very least the cavalry would be enroute to blow this place sky-high.

Decisions, decisions.

Mangoman

Tank opens the door of his shack, and flicks on the light. The room is mostly srap metal with a table in the center. On the table there is what looks to be a metal helmet, but missing eye holes. There is a door to the left with a light on behind, where the henchmen sleep.
Tank seems to ponder for a moment, and then heads to the back corner of the room. He bends over and moves some metal out of the way, revealing a cooler. Tank reaches in and takes out a beer, and pops ito pen, gulping it down quick.  He takes a second look at the two weapons adorned to his arms.

"   Well, I guess they don't need to be sharpened...", he mumbles. He picks a radio off the counter and speaks into it.
  "Where did you three head off too?", h slams the door walking back into the quarry.

Tom

Eros motions for the woman to sit on the bed and she does so.

Eros then motions for Ares to take a seat then hears his radio "We're at my place, Come down then eh?"

He then makes his way to his desk sits down in front of Ares ((If he sat down)) and keeps his hands under the desk.

Eroses Den is underground, There are no windows just a vent and a fireplace, There is also a door leading to a bathroom, Various weapons behind a locked cabinet, Also there are two suits on oposite sides of the room, fitting the Super soldiers armor description. There is only one exit. And yet. . . Eros calmly keeps his hands under the desk.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Ares takes a seat. He pulls his duster off and shoves it into his pack, arranging it so that it pushes his revolver's grip to the top of the pack (but still inside) for easier access. He leaves the back pack unzipped wide enough for his hand and the gun to go in and out if needed. Eros' hands disappearing out of sight sends up a red flag but Ares is still confident he hasn't been made. Either that or this guy is very, VERY brave. Or stupid...though I guess either way it is pretty obvious he's the right guy. He slides the large pack in between his knees, keeping the top up. Resting his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands, Ares' eyes again drift back to the girl. For FUCK'S sake she's a target and even if she wasn't she isn't going to be too happy with what you're about to do to her boyfriend. Get focused! He closes his eyes for a second.

"So where can I find him?"

Mangoman

Tank closes the door to the elevator, and hits the corrseponding button.  He struggles to not get his arms caught in the closing door, and hums a little as the elevator decends.

Tom

Eros chuckles at ares When will they learn that Mercs don't work. Eros thinks to himself.

He keeps an eye on Ares and then says in a very monotone voice "Right in front of you, By the way Im not the rebel leader I am simply a valued member. . . The fact that you have a picture of me makes you look dodgy. . . So heres the scoop. . . Mr. Eric. . . Either your a merc. . . Or your in my personal fan club of stalkers who find me devilishly attractive. So. . . Seeing that Mr. Hyde is trained on you right now and Particle board has no unique bullet proof qualities that I know of, I recomend you explain to me who you are. . ." Eros chuckles coldly "The last two assholes who came in asking questions about me ended up beacoming our compost for our vegtable garden. . . So please do not doing anything Rash Mr.Eric."

The woman looks up at Eros with an inquisitive look, Eros ignores her.
Oh boy.

Mangoman

The Elevator reaches the floor, and Tank pushes the elevator door open. He brushes himself off and walk  behind Ares "So, what'd I miss..."

Paintcheck

Fuck.

Ares remains stationary in the chair. No one on this planet (or most other planets) could possibly outdraw him...at least in a fair fight. He calculates the odds in his head and determines that drawing from in between his legs would probably not be conducive to his currently healthy lifestyle.

"Whoa take it easy man!" He raises his hands, spreads them. "You think I am a bounty hunter or something? If I was why would I have shot that patrolman?" He hooks one of his legs around the chair leg.

"I'm a craftsman, did a lot of smith-work. Even did some gunsmithing for the 'slingers. Due to some shit back home I ran out here. Heard about your outfit and thought I'd offer my skills up." That was surprisingly close to the truth. His family had been manufacturing mechanical parts for centuries and did indeed do custom work for the Gunslingers. He himself put together his own revolver after being initiated into the Gunslingers as well as building several personal weapons for other 'slingers before that. And look where I am now he thought to himself a little bemusedly.

He chooses to ignore Mr. Destructo behind him for the moment.

Tom

Eros keeps a blank expression on his face "That would be believable. . . Still dosn't explain why you have a profile picture of me. . . What did they release my file to the public. . . That would be highly improbable Mr. Eric.  Considering Im an exspensive piece of equipment. . . Less than human and all that Jazz. . . I mean. . . According to public records I don't even exsist. . . or so, Last time I checked I was non-exsistant. I find your story good but it dosn't patch all the holes. Answer me how you got my picture."

The girl seems to stand up and wrap her arms around Eros, seeming to whisper something in his ear. He nods and kisses her on the neck and motions for the cabinet. she nods and walks over to go open it.
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank puts his hands on the back of the chair. "We have a problem or something Eros?". He shifts a little, running his fingers around the lock release mechanism for his Cleavers.

Paintcheck

"Your file? You mean your rap sheet? They released that ages ago, saying you're wanted for desertion and rebel activity and shit. Had this picture on it." This was, of course, patently false as far as Ares knew. The government would never publicly call for a bounty on a botched project like this, the potential for embarrassment was too high. "The really weird part was that it didn't have a name on it, just a string of numbers like 'SOT-150-over9000something'"

He frowns after saying that.
"And what the hell are you babbling about 'less than human'?"

A slight pang of jealously jabs Ares as he sees Eros kiss the girl, followed by a feeling of loneliness. My GOD grow up. You have bigger things to worry about.

Tom

Eroses eyebrows shoot up "-MY- Rap sheet?" he seems intrigued "I sitll don't trust you. . . I hate people who are bad at lieing and think everyone is stupid. . . Since the last guys we managed to get to talk said they where hired Directly by an Exsusian officail by the name of "Valarian" He is apparently the head of the-" He stops as the woman reveals a pistol. "Oh yeah thats right. . . Bugger me. . . Letter openers don't fire bullets." He lifts his hand up and reveals a Kabar. He begins to laugh, The woman aims at Ares. "So Tank. . . I suggest we do something with Mr. Eric. . . Detain him for further questioning."
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank grins, and reels his arm back, attempting to punch the man in the back of his head with his spiked gauntlets.

Paintcheck

Suspicious people bother me was the last thought that crosses his mind before Tank's fist connects with the back of his head. He slumps over out of the chair and onto his backpack with a small grunt.

Tom

After he slums over the woman lowers her pistol and wanders up to Eros, Eros motions for the bed and she goes there. He motions to tank to get the man out of here, and says "Strip search him and get him in a jump suit, Throw him in the brig." Tank does so and drags him off.

Eros goes into the pack and pulls out the revolver "Interesting" he remarks "A unique weapon." he continues to go through Ares's Stuff.

Later after questioning rebels he finds out about the slingers.

a few hours go by and Ares would wake up in a Jail cell Made of Iron rods used in construction. He is in a blue jump suit with about 6 Guards surrounding his cell. There is a small window that shows that it is night, the window is barred. You also find you have no equipment. . . Not even a spoon. . .
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Ares wakes up, rubbing his head. Oh wonderful.

He takes a quick look around, and checks the suit for anything that might be helpful. Predictably he doesn't find anything in it. He tries to see if any of his gear is visible but it seems someone has taken that somewhere else.

I want my Gun back.

He sizes up each of the guards and recognizes not much opportunity presents itself there. Although an expert fighter 6 on 1 is far too many for him to take weaponless (though with his revolver it would be child's play). Seeing no further opportunities he heads to the window and sits against the wall, waiting for something to happen.

Mangoman

Tank leans on the wall down the hallway, and asks Eros. "So what are we going to do with him?"

Tom

Eros simply replies with "Hold him and question him. No torture."
Oh boy.

Mangoman

Tank frowns,  messing with the locking mechanism on his Cleavers.

Paintcheck

//Uh again guys you need to make sure your posts move the plot along so that everyone has something to react to. Conversations can be tricky in that regard but you need to actually GO somewhere after the question gets answered since now I have nothing different to react to.

Ares continues to wait.