Exusia IV: Drop Zone

Started by Paintcheck, 31-08-2013

Cutch

Virgil recovers from his nausea, talking into his earpiece, "Showing solid vitals for essential personnel. Ready to go."

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

"I don't know how long Styx is going to last, I got to believe someone has a rocket launcher somewhere. We might need a run at the comm tower, they will be smart enough to know that's where we want to go."

Eris led the squad at a run off the main thoroughfare and through smaller side streets. The Communications Center was well-lit and the huge parabolic antennas made it easy to pick out even around the skyscrapers. The side streets were quieter than the main drag though people did seem to be trying to figure out what the hell the crashing noises were. And when they do this will get quite interesting.

Eris stopped them at an alley just before the target. A small guardpost overlooked the main entrance and roving patrols could be seen in the main courtyard.

"Cerberus deal with the one in the guardpost. Janus grab the patrols. Achilles take Virgil and Weston around the back. Alexey, you're with me."

Kokkaku Kishu

"Right." Cerberus rounds another corner in the alleyway and sets up his rifle in sniper mode. Looking through the eyepiece, he adjusts for wind and distance and watches the guard look around before lighting a cigarette and leaning against a guardrail. a slight display appears a thermal satellite view of the tower, marking the hostiles.

He radioed everyone in a hushed tone. "Green light for go. Set up in position. Check in once frosty. Execute on my mark."

meetdadoom

Janus nods, he watches the patrols while Cerberus sets up. After drawing a rough mental picture, he gets up.

" I'm going to vault the wall and try to take the most I can out quietly. Afterwards, I'll comm in and i'm going to start making my way inside the building. Cerberus, if you hear the slightest commotion, you fire and the rest of you start gunning in. Let the Time Weavers see value in all of you."

Janus begins to make his way towards a section of the courtyard wall where he perceived little movement. He takes out one of his revolvers and a dagger. He puts the dagger in his mouth and begins to vault the wall. He lands gracefully and with the least amount of noise possible and quickly grabs cover behind a line of bushes about 6 feet tall. He looks through the bushes and see's that a fountain in the middle of the courtyard. A few guardsmen are watching the front gate while a few others make their scans through the bushes. In the center, he see's three guardsmen taking a smoke break. They are bantering on about their wives and about how much money they spend on their mistresses.

Janus disposes of the few guardsmen (in a span of 5 minutes) that made their patrols through the outer side of the bushes and slides the corpses under the bushes. "Eris, I picked off a few, best I can do. The rest I can't take quietly. Cerb, take care of the patrolbox guy and the three smoking. I'll take care of the guys at the door." whispers Janus into his comm.

Janus puts away his dagger and grabs his other revolver and begins to wait.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Tom

Achilles would take Weston and Virgil quietly around back and scope out what type of resistance they'd be dealing with or if there would be a stealthy way in that would avoid alerting any nearby guards that they're sneaking in.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus receives Janus' transition and lines up the guard in the tower. He eyes the man, taking in his bored expression as he paces over and sits into a chair, pulling out a magazine, likely filled with women. Taking the opportunity, Cerberus takes the shot, nailing the guard right between the eyes.

He quickly moves and readjusts towards the main gate, lining up the swaying targets and calculating their movements. As they begin laughing, one shifts his weight to the right, likely due to his left leg going numb, one leans on the wall behind him, and the other paces and stops, lining up all three heads in a row.

Their mistresses would be loosing some money tonight. The men's bodies all hit the floor at the same time.

"Your green." Cerberus comms in to Janus, and quickly gathers his things to re-position.

lolKieck

Alexey throws his helmet on a pile of garbage. It blends in well (because it's as bad as most protective wear made for Auroran grunts). He puts his pilotka on. "There's a chance they'll mistake me for an Auroran in this. Or hell, maybe a Sentinel."
After the lookouts were neutralized, Alexey follows Eris.
// optionally takes auroran uniform pieces from the bodies if they sneak through the checkpoint to look as auroran as possible
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus climbs up a fire escape on the side of a building to get a better view of the courtyard. He sets up his rifle and scans the area for hostiles as his squad members advance.

Paintcheck

((Sorry for not posting, currently away from home/reliable internet right now for a water polo tournament. Should have something by Sunday.))

Paintcheck

The back side of the building has a loading bay but no guards visible at the moment (likely because Cerberus and Janus killed the patrols already). The bay is even open, with a truck sitting in it that looks to be offloading a server. A few workers are dealing with that but it looks like no one is armed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From his perch Cerberus can see movement in the windows but it looks like no one has noticed the bodies yet as activity inside looks normal. That probably won't last too long as the rest of the Exusians are likely only minutes away from landing.

Janus likewise doesn't see much happening from his position though the guards by the door do seem slightly suspicious of the suppressed shots from earlier.

Eris turns to Alexey "You're going to get shot if you do that and we get split up ((and I told you over SF that that is a stupid idea))." She moves to stack up on the guardpost wall.

"How's everybody looking?" she radios.

lolKieck

no fun allowed
Alexey listens to Eris' advice and stops the masking and just takes yet another helmet from the dead Aurorans, getting rid of any Auroran symbols on them. He takes cover and looks out for any enemy movement when Eris calls for a sitrep.

Plunger

((Sorry, exams and stuff))

Weston follows the squad, sticking towards the back of the group, moving with his rifle shouldered, "Our back looks to be clear, just those in front seem like the problem.".

Tom

"Yeah, there's even an open loading bay with no guards and just workers off loading probably a replacement server, it doesn't appear any of the workers are armed, but looks could be deceiving" Achilles radios in after Weston.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

meetdadoom

.// will get a  post up tonight, been busy with school.

meetdadoom

Janus takes a quick peak over the hedge after the bodies hit the floor.
"Nice work, Cerberus."
"Eris, I'm sitting idle, I don't see a way of myself getting in without attracting attention and minding time. If I'm not mistaken, *he looks at his pocket watch*, we don't have a lot of time. I say we make like cowboys and go in guns blazing. I'm merely suggesting and I am at your command."

Paintcheck

"Was thinking the same thing. Alright, let's get loud. Achilles head through the back, everyone else on me and we're going through the front."

Eris stepped around the wall with her rifle up, shooting at one of the remaining guards in the doorway. The reports echoed in the courtyard as the bodies fell. Everything was quiet for the seconds it took for them to cross the courtyard and enter the building into a lobby area that contained more guards.

And then the alarms started to go off.

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus saw the guard walking by the window after he killed the three in the front. He had just finished using Styx to hack into their satellites and backdoor the surveillance systems when Eris called for everyone to check in. As the live map began to update and display itself in front of him, he was about to check in when,

"Alright, let's get loud."

Before he had a chance to suggest a course of action, the report of Eris' gun had already reached his ears. As the alarm sounded he quickly pulled up the live feeds, all pieced together to form a live map of the floor-plan, highlighting friendlies and enemies green and red respectfully. He had just reached the building as Eris and the others reached the front door. He toggled his gun into assault mode, and quickly calculated the options, pulling up his map. He noticed about 4 soldiers already at the front door, ready for an attack, but what caught his eye was a troop of about 15 reinforcements coming out of the armory and around a hallway, likely to back up the guards at the front.

Right on the other side of his wall.

Cerberus radios in to Eris quickly. "Boss, you got 5 hostiles on the other side of that breach. I'll take care of the reinforcements before they reach you, as well as distract them"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cerberus quickly slaps down two breaching charges on the wall.  He backs up and eyes his map, waiting for the dots to round the corner, waiting for his opportunity. As they round the corner, he times the group to be right next to the high powered breaching charges before triggering them, and drawing his gun to eliminate the survivors.

Plunger

Weston keeps his rifle shouldered as he quickly makes his way across the courtyard, arriving at the lobby, but swivelling around to watch the entrance, covering the others as they move across. He calls over his shoulders to Eris, and the others already inside, "We should move quickly now that they know we're here, they can swamp us in a play like this.".

Tom

Achilles hears Eris's rifle go off and then the Alarm, he springs out from cover turning on his voice coder and runs into the loading bay where the startled dock-workers are. He says in Auroran "Get down!" while pointing his gun at them. The unarmed civilians do so since they don't want to get shot. He runs up to the door which leads into the actual building and finds it has a door card lock on it. He digs in his pocket and pulls out a Cryptographic Sequencer and uses it on the door and sparks fly out of the card slot, he tries the knob and it opens, he bolts in and checks either side of the hallway to find that there isn't much in the way of guards, for the moment anyway. He figures he shouldn't try his luck. He radios to Eris "My way is clear, do you want me to come up behind the guys at the front and help you all or do you want me to continue deeper into the building?"
Oh boy.

lolKieck

"Great." After the alarm kicks in and Aurorans start to pour in, Alexey provides support with his rifle, although occasionally. He mostly watches out for any flankers or soldiers who are smart enough to attack from the rear or side.
He shoots and wounds a soldier attempting to attack from their left. "So what are we going to do now after our only advantage went to the shitter?"

Paintcheck

Cerberus' breach flattened the small squad as the shaped charge turned the thick concrete into a hammer. From the bloody mess leftover it seems unlikely any of them are going to be getting up again. Cerberus steps through the breach just as the rest of the squad enters the front door. Within a few moments the lobby is cleared from the volume of fire from the marauding Exusians. As the last body hits the floor (the one Alexey wounded) Eris keys her radio, ignoring the groaning from the wounded soldier.

"Good show, Cerberus. Weston and Alexey, you guys act like this is my first dance, would you kindly calm the fuck down? This is going to get much more exciting before it's over. Live behind your gun and we'll be fine." The blaring alarms made it slightly harder to concentrate as Eris tried to remember where the comm controls were. She tapped at the PDA on her wrist and glanced at it to orient herself. "Alright...upstairs to the top. Cerberus, now would be a good time to bring Styx around because I got to believe we're going to have a response coming through the front."

"Achilles, we need to take stairs, the lobby elevators look . The target is on the top floor, see if there's a service elevator or something down there for transporting the stuff they were unloading to the top that will make your trip shorter. Might even be a direct path to the comm room from there. I think we drew most of the guards, Cerberus blew a large, loud hole in the wall."

lolKieck

Alexey nods after the reprimand and starts to cover the team's rear.
"Soooo we're not going to enter the armory here? If there is any. Could be used to plant the explosives and get ourselves a bigger boom. Nah, just forget I said anything."
He takes out the magazine from his rifle and inserts a full magazine.

meetdadoom

.// will post tonight. And if this is a comm building, I assume there isn't much of an armory, maybe a locker room with gun cabinets  and some ammo.

meetdadoom

.// sorry super busy with work I'm trying to get time to do this.

Kokkaku Kishu

(don't think its necro-posting as much as necessary revival)

Cerberus nods towards Eris. "I'll have it drop a few weapons pods off before circling out to give cover fire." As he relays his intentions, he comms in to Styx, inputting their location and his commands for supply drop and its secondary instructions to circle farther back after drop and give gunship support. "And make sure in the drop armament pods 2, 5, and 9 are dropped", are his last commands before the computer acknowledges its orders.

In less than a minute, a low rumbling is heard, followed by the sounds of a fast moving craft rocketing overhead and the impact of 3 metal containers in the front doorway of the building. The pods fronts release their pressure seals, and the panels drop to the floor, revealing a few extra tools, weapons and ammo. He sprints over to one of the pods and takes out four quad-rotor drones with machine guns mounted and sets them on to swarm the yard, and grabs a metal, quick-deploy cover and uses it to patch the hole in the wall he came through.

He announces over the comm, "I'm set up. They wont be getting through."