Exusia IV: Drop Zone

Started by Paintcheck, 31-08-2013

Tom

Achilles laughs at the end of her story

"That makes that probe mission we did not too long ago look textbook."
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Plunger

Quote from: Cutch on 18-09-2013
Virgil sits beside Weston with a tube of goo. "Red meat increases likelihood of cramps during long periods of running. Why would you want to further decrease your odds of survival, Sergeant?"
Weston shrugs his shoulders, starting to eat as he adds, "I'd rather be happy then healthy to be honest, if I'm going to sacrifice my life for the country I sure as hell can sacrifice my cholesterol for some burgers.".

lolKieck

"That was you? The news were all talking about a giant system failure in that ship. Later on it was all about a tsunami." He takes a bite of his croquette. "There's actual meat in this? Nice."
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Kokkaku Kishu

The sounds from the galley drifted to Cerberus, now walking around the Bay, he chuckled a little to himself about the fool he made himself out to be to some of the other members. His little rant about bringing a knife to the gunfight probably made some of the other soldiers laugh, but that was the goal. It would be better for them to laugh in this time of stress, especially coming from a psychological standpoint. He would have probably continued to be the joke for the sake of the moment, but he needed to get some things done, and the solitude would help.

He tore open a packet of goo he managed to nab from the mess hall earlier, and downed it in a single gulp as he entered his access code into the keypad of the hangar. As the conformation key came in, he gave the lock his authentication code before they opened. The door to his section opened revealing a small but capable assault ship, beaten and worn in appearance but not function, and along the side was the tag "Styx" with an attractive woman brandishing an executioners garb.

He approached the ship and patted the hull before walking inside the main body. Once inside, he began loading up the armament drop-pods he had installed with a few extra guns, ammo, and grenades.  In the process  he decided he would grab a few extra clips  for his ASV-2, and having finished with his last minute preparations, synced up the on-board system AI to get out of the bay and into formation once they arrived to the planet, and began leaving the hangar.

Paintcheck

"Well it was textbook in the sense that no one had used a probe like that before. Granted, there's probably a reason for that but we're all still alive and I have all my fingers so that means I get to write the book. You can be the editor."

Eris turned to Alexey "Yes that was me. We do the impossible pretty regularly. It makes us mighty." She laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last night before the drop (if you could call it that, the void perpetually dark) passed quickly. Soldiers sent messages home (carefully edited to remove an reference to the upcoming drop) maintained weapons, practiced hand to hand techniques that they would likely never use and forced themselves to eat and sleep. It would be the last time many of them would ever do those things.

Sirens blared. Looming in the portholes was Aurora Prime, a rugged rock hanging in space like a challenge. The intercom buzzed to life.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I received word our fleet has engaged the Aurorans in the Borderlands. It looks like our ruse worked, skies are clear for us. Welcome to Aurora Prime. Those going in the first wave get to the drop pods. You know who you are ((aka everyone in this thread)). The rest of you are landing closer to the capital after the comms go down. Fight well, move fast, stay safe. If you keep any gods, may you be in their favor today. Eris out."

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus was the first one up, throwing on his black tactical gear and grabbing his earpiece off of its charger, his ASV-2 off of the chair, and slid his heavy pistol off of the table and into its holster on his leg. Having packed all of his gear with what he needed the night before, he was one of the first to run charging down the halls, and jumping over crates that had yet to be unpacked for the reinforcements. As he reached the end of his walkway, he slid down the staircase banister past the other soldiers that had begun to wake up and rush around.

As he his the ground, he put on his earpiece and sent the signal to his ship to take off out of the bay and go into a low-altitude satellite orbit near the drop-zone. Just as he received the conformation from the ship's A.I. that the command had been initiated, he rounded the corner to the drop-pods, ready to head down to the surface.

Tom

Achilles had already been up in his quarters waiting for the drop alarm to sound. He had been drinking coffee at the time, he had already put his armor on anticipating the alarm to sound. When the Alarm did sound he chugged what was left of his coffee set it down on his footlocker and grabbed his weapons and gear, he then made his way to the drop pods putting his enclosed helmet on while he was en-route to the drop pods.

He's leading the pack of other soldiers/gunslingers heading to the drop-pod bay that are in the strike to take out the comm center.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

lolKieck

Alexey follows the group, checking if he has everything in his backpack, webbing and other places. "Gee, I'm sort of happy that the time has come. I was literally bursting to use a drop pod and take down that communications tower myself."

Cutch

Virgil steps up next to the rest of the troops, beginning to do his pre-launch stretches.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

meetdadoom

Janus sits at the bridge watching the void while scribbling in his black book . Something about looking at the stars puts Janus at ease but also in an excited state. The sirens come to life, signalling the beginning of the a new chapter to be written in the galaxy's history. As he writes down some last things into his book, a man, heavy on the upper body, walks in.

"You got any mail to send home?" speaks the heavy man.

Janus stops writing and takes out a pocket watch that looked like a sun. He puts it in the hands of the man. " Send this to the gunslinger in training named 'Eurus'." He then puts his book into his duster and grabs his sniper off the wall. He begins to walk towards the drop pods, saying some Chronatic Prayers.

Janus enters the drop pod room and finds Achilles, pumped up and ready to go. " It appears this one is ready for the new chapter to be written." He chuckles. "Anyways friend, if you are not aware, I am proficient with my sniper as well as my revolvers, do you have any requests on my role. I ask this of you because it seems like you are getting ready for a head on assault and I could provide back up from a distance, but if you see me best by your side with our revolvers held high, I will gladly take your request."

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

Eris strides into the launch room, wearing surprisingly little in the way of armor for someone whose specialty is explosives. Under her jacket a hard armor chestplate is visible but her limbs are uncovered. Since yesterday when she made the announcement she dyed her hair again. It's now jet black...or maybe that's her natural color. She has a small assault pack with her, presumably filled with explosives along with her rifle and revolver hanging off of her thigh. She takes a pod "See you planetside."

The door closes and the pod drops free.

Tom

Achilles follows suit and takes a pod without even answering Janus's question, before he hits the button he says to Janus "Oh uhh, about that question, we'll see when we get down there." He waves with a slight smile and the door to the pod closes and drops free.
Oh boy.

Plunger

Weston saunters into the launch room, watching the others as they each enter a pod, and drop to the surface of the planet. He looks around for a moment before spotting the Doctor, walking over to him as he finally clips his helmet into place, "Alright, let's stick together, get the pod next to mine.", and without waiting for a reply steps into a pod, takes a deep breathe, and pounds the button with his fist, jettisoning to the planet below.

lolKieck

"I hope they have elevator music in these pods." He enters the pod, closes the door, does everything what was written on the OSH instructions of dropping and drops down on the planet below.

Cutch

Virgil nods and steps gingerly into the pod, attempting to press the button five times but stopping each time out of fear. The deck officer finally walks by and presses the button for him, the sliding door silencing an objecting Virgil in tears. If space could hear a scream, it would be his as the pod launched into space.

-Blake/Last Exile

meetdadoom

Janus tips his hat as Achilles drops and gets into his own drop pod and slams the button, descending calmly. 

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus swings off of the ceiling into his pod, tossing on the straps, but not bothering to actually secure them, and kicks his launch button, jettisoning him down to the surface.

As his pod soars down through the atmosphere, he clicks on the inter-pod com system, and speaks jokingly:
"Well guys, looks like I should have brought my camera. Might be the last time this place is seen in one piece considering Eris' and Achilles' luck." As he clicks off the comm, he clicks his belt and laughs. he always liked feeling the initial launch.

Paintcheck

((Sorry been extraordinarily busy this week. I will have a post hopefully later today to move this along.))

Paintcheck

The pods hurtled through the atmosphere, glowing like meteors in the twilight sky. Within minutes the lights of the capital streaked into visibility, followed by buildings, cars, and then the concrete. With an impact that rattled bones and teeth the pods slammed into the ground ((Kokkaku you've been reduced to a gooey paste if you never actually buckled your harness in)) of a well-lit plaza that was rather populated this early in the evening. The crowds were stunned as the Exusian soldiers freed themselves from their capsules.

Eris unstrapped herself and stood on the concrete, rifle in her hands. She keyed her mic "Who's still alive?" She scanned the area, not terribly happy with the landing zone but realizing it was about the only place open enough to land pods without ending up in a skyscraper or someone's apartment.

meetdadoom

Janus hurls himself out of the pod with his revolvers drawn. He scans the area noticing the shock and mental processing of the situation going through each person's head. The information hasn't fully digested among the Aurorian crowd and for the few individuals who caught on, are smart to keep quiet. He takes a quick glance to the right and see's Eris, only a few yards away from him.

"Eris, we need to start moving, we have a good 10 minutes of unobstructed movement until the standing forces start mobilizing." Janus says into his comm.

He quickly glances his gps and starts to walk at a brisk pace towards the crowd. "Move aside" says Janus in clean Aurorian.
The sea of people effortlessly parts, giving Janus a trail out of the Plaza and towards the street. As soldiers begin to pop out, one by one, they see the lone gunslinger, a few yards ahead of them. Three soldiers begin to file behind him, hopefully exercising Janus's pacificity towards the civilians and ignoring their existence as a whole.

Cutch

Virgil stumbles out of the pod and vomits. He looks up and sees the rest of the soldiers mobilizing. Wiping his eyes, he begins walking over to where Weston's pod landed.

-Blake/Last Exile

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus' pod opened up, and he unfastened himself, got out, and slung his rifle over his shoulder. He caught the eye of a few Aurorans eyeing it, and read the shock and fear it instilled in their eyes. He pretended like he didn't notice it, and ran over to help the doctor, obviously sick from his drop.

He commed in to Eris, " I'll hold up the rear, make sure we got no stragglers. Styx is up and running, so we've got a bit of support outside of what we can directly see. Let me know if you need her."

Tom

((Will post at some point been really busy at work))
Oh boy.

Tom

Achilles busts the door open to his pod and comes out with his revolver drawn and announces that he is still alive, he would've busted out around the same time everyone else did. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are"
Oh boy.

lolKieck

As soon as the drop pod lands, Alexey unfastens his safety belts and rushes outside while the dust still obstructs the view. He runs up to the group, slowing down to their pace. With a lowered tone he says: "Better get out of here. Fast. Aurorans still have melee weaponry."