Exusia IV: Drop Zone

Started by Paintcheck, 31-08-2013

Paintcheck

Eris called on Achilles first. She gave the idea some consideration. "Well if you figure out a way to use those things to break the comm center I don't think they are going to be too picky on Olympus. I was thinking of doing it with normal explosives but there is something to be said for style points."

She dropped nimbly off of the crate and offered Weston a fist bump over his handshake. "Eris. What can I do for you?"

Plunger

Weston closes the fist , giving hers a bump before jumping straight into his question, "Should we be expecting any fire or armoured support on this mission, or is strictly going to be us infantry?".

Paintcheck

"No armor but some of these buckets have guns. This is going to be about speed more than anything. Probably not what you wanted to hear but hey, you volunteered for this...I think. Not sure how the picked the infantry, actually."

Blake.H

Richards looks up from the pink metal case in his hand, looking under his brow at Eris, grunting under his breath "Life'n Prison or this.". Then moving his hand to the strap under his chin, giving it a yank to tighten it. The corners of his mouth begin to sharpen into a smile as he probes a comment; "You sh'watch y'fellow brother not everyone is on y'moral highground".

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Kokkaku Kishu

As the rest of the soldiers began filing out of the cargo hold, Cerberus felt it a good time to approach some of his compatriots. Considering Eris was the closest, he supposed he'd start there. He slid down the rail of the walkway down to the main floor of the hold, and walked up to Eris and the other soldier she was talking with. Still maneuvering the balisong in a dance about his fingers, he approached the two, and in the midst of a yawn, addressed the two.

"Hey Eris, when's the ETA? I gotta get some kinda hand-to-hand combat training in before we arrive, but I'd rather not wear myself out right before the assault."

Paintcheck

"We're less than a day out so that's up to you. I don't think you're going to want to be fighting anyone hand to hand when we land, though. The Aurorans are pretty good at that game."

She looked around for anyone else with questions and then headed up to the mess deck in search of food.

Kokkaku Kishu

As he watched Eris walk off, he closed and locked the balisong in a quick succession of clacks before sliding it into his pocket, and pulling an Auroran Switchblade out. He gave a slight chuckle and turned to Weston, showing off the knife, "Yeah, so am I." He flips open the blade and begins cleaning his nails with it, and addresses Weston. "I don't believe we've met. They call me Cerberus." He closes back up the knife and extends his free hand in a handshake.

Cutch

Virgil looks at Cerberus, "The odds of you engaging in a hand-to-hand combat situation is less than one percent. Odds are higher, statistically, you'll be shot in the back." He looks back down at his feet. "Just statistics..."

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Blake.H

Richards begins to tuck the small pink painted metal tin into his vest pouch, reaching up again to unclip the strap previously tightened. He drones; "What s'at 'posed t'mean?", glaring under his thick caterpillar eyebrows at Virgil. "Y'know something we don't?" he questions further, his eyebrows raising to show some interest.

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Plunger

Weston turns to face Cerberus, acknowledging the knife as he says, "I don't really think that pig stick of yours is gonna' come in handy to much, the doc's right, you'll just end up getting shot during the initial push, and he's gonna' be the one who has to patch ya' up. Oh, and I'm Weston.". He stretches his shoulders back slightly, expelling a droning yawn. Spinning on his heels he turns to face Virgil, "You mind if I stick with you during the assault? For obvious reasons of course.", and finishes the sentence with a faint smile.

Tom

Achilles looks at Cerberus and says "The Aurorans aren't the type of people you'd want to get in a fight with when it comes to hand to hand... or knife fighting. Ever heard about the many great Cunjo hunts of Aurora? Its where they get large groups of yougn aurorans and put them on a world with Cunjos, usually the world are covered in jungle." He chuckles a bit "They hunt these massive deadly beasts not with guns or explosives but with spears, swords, and anything like that really." He scratches the back of his head "They also kick ass in martial arts." He rests his elbow on the hilt of a blade rhat is poking out of his duster "If I where you id practice shooting since i don't think we'll get close enough to any of them to wrestle anyway."
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

lolKieck

The group hears a moan and Alexey walks up to his teammates. "No CQC? I bought a new knife just for that!" He chuckles and introduces himself. "I am Alexey, the only, at least I think, Auroran mercenary and unofficial translator. I also teach how to taunt at Aurorans in their own language."
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Blake.H

Richards perks his head up, a slight grin stretching across his face as he looks over to Alexey Chuckling; "Som'o these fellows cant even say th'own name. Never-mind 'nother language.". He then reaches for the pink tin in his vest pocket to remove it before starting to walk off yelling back "Dinner time is it? I can smell the Mess Already".

Cutch

Spinning on his heels he turns to face Virgil, "You mind if I stick with you during the assault? For obvious reasons of course.", and finishes the sentence with a faint smile.
Virgil looks at Weston. "I cannot really think of a reason not." He then looks around the room at the other troops. "You all sure talk a lot for people about to die, its really quite fascinating."

-Blake/Last Exile

lolKieck

"And what should we do? Despair on our oh so bad luck? I can safely assume everyone here is trained enough to not care about it and do what your empire wants you to do or the amount of zeros in the contract really motivate them."
He looks at the exit.
"It was nice seeing you again but my pedantic part of character demands that I check my crappy equipment again. But before that I'll probably go and eat something, so anyone want to come with me to the mess hall?

Tom

"Yeah I guess it'd be a good idea to get something to eat, I'm getting kinda hungry. I'll go with you Auroran.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

The mess hall is one deck up, a cavernous room with long tables and benches in the middle that are bolted to the floor to prevent them from flying around during a rough reentry. Since everyone was just in the cargo bay for the briefing, it's pretty empty. Some people trickle in from the cargo bay. On offer is a hot meal that is cooked from "normal" food (nonperishable, of course since this is space) and, for the soldier with either low standards or a desire for convenience, several types of protein packs that Gunslingers have taken to calling "goo" because of their consistency. While this stuff doesn't look terribly appealing, it tastes alright and one goo pack will last for a day easily in terms of energy and nutritional content.

Eris is in line for the real food.

lolKieck

Alexey walks up to the "real food" queue. He coincidentally ends up just behind Eris. "Nice fireworks by the way."

Tom

Achilles files into the real food line as well behind Alexey.
Oh boy.

Plunger

Weston yawns, stretching his arms back behind his head, as he departs from the cargo bay, making his way leisurely to the mess hall, lifting a try up, and sliding it onto the counter, moving along with the line.

Paintcheck

Eris laughs "Yeah well people pay more attention when fire is involved. Must be some evolutionary hold over or something."

She takes her plate and heads to a table. The others are all served in turn, looks to be some sort of pasta.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ares this is Fate, the fleet is in position and we have what looks like scouts blipping on our long range sensors but no sustained contact just yet though the scout fighters look to have markings from the 875th and 909th. That means at least two of their big boys must be just outside of sensor range. I estimate another day at most before the shooting starts."

"Get your guns warmed up, Admiral. You're in for a long fight. Orders remain the same and the timing is perfect. Ares out."

Plunger

Weston sits down a table full of other troops, straightening his helmet as he glances down to the paste. He makes a face, and grasps the fork, starting to eat it as he says aloud, "I was hopin' my last meal before the drop would be a burger, or steak.".

Cutch

Virgil sits beside Weston with a tube of goo. "Red meat increases likelihood of cramps during long periods of running. Why would you want to further decrease your odds of survival, Sergeant?"

-Blake/Last Exile

Tom

Achilles sits down at the table with Eris after getting his food since he doesn't want to sit with the depressing medic. "Hey Eris, I've been meaning to ask you. . . where the hell did the pickle come into play?"
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

"Was wondering who would bring that up first. Alright I guess we got time for that story.

So I'm on the Vorona, smuggled myself on in a provisions crate. Had to travel light, obviously. Crate was full of pickles, guess the Aurorans like them. I was hoping to get to the magazine or engines and satchel charge the shit out of one of those places to cripple it. Well, the cargo hold was near the engine room so I went there and discovered that a single satchel charge versus several tons of engines wasn't going to cut it.
Luckily the great part about the engine room is it's also where steering is controlled. We were still in orbit at this point because I wasn't going to sit in a box full of pickles for days to get to deep space so I tore off some panels and figured out the contacts for the engine firing timing. I wish I could say I did it on purpose but it was pretty random. Turns out pickles are rather conductive. Jammed one in there until the ship started lurching violently, replaced the panel, booked it to an escape pod. They couldn't unfuck it in time since they were in low orbit and the Vorona get stuck in the planet's gravity. So now there's a nice new destroyer at the bottom of the ocean on...huh I don't even remember what planet it was."