Exusia IV: Drop Zone

Started by Paintcheck, 31-08-2013

Paintcheck

((Yeah you're fine. Was waiting for Misha but it's been two weeks. I'm approaching finals, will try to have something tomorrow.))

meetdadoom

.// I just came home a few days ago and I am on break. I'm willing to restart this if you guys are all willing to.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Kokkaku Kishu

((yeah sure))

Paintcheck

((For fuck's sake Misha are you going to post or not?))

Kokkaku Kishu

((should we accept the death of the session, or are we continuing regardless of...incidents?))

lolKieck

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 07-01-2014
((should we accept the death of the session, or are we continuing regardless of...incidents?))
I'd keep on playing, but I guess we've got to wait for Paintcheck to answer.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

See thread I just posted. in the interest of not cluttering this one if you are still here and want to continue post in it, please so I can see how many are interested.

Paintcheck

Eris finished the call and saw that Cerberus was set up. She looked around for the others. Alexey was still up, there was no sign of Janus, Weston, or the doctor. Shit.

She tried Achilles again "Have you had any luck finding a way up?" She turned to Cerberus and Alexey "I need to head up to blow the comms, you two need to hold here while I do." She started up the stairs, her rifle on her shoulder.

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus nods to Eris after her commands. He briefly runs the odds through his head of the coming moments. not necessarily in their favor, but still attainable. Then again, when were the odds ever truly decent?

Cerberus glances at Alexey. "I'm not going to say we'll be fine, but just try to keep a calm head alright."

It's strange though, Cerberus thought to himself as he eyed the data that was being sent to him from his ship. Styx's scanners still haven't detected any more hostile movement.

lolKieck

Alexey looks around and stretches his arms, while looking for a good defensive spot. "Same for you. Say, did you get a few mags for my rifle? No? Oh, pardon me for a second..."
Using the silence before the storm moment, he walks up to some dead Auroran and rummages him for a bunch of magazines and puts them near his designated position.

Tom

// I'll post tomorrow when I'm not tired. Had to work yesterday and today.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Tom

Achilles finds a service elevator conveniently placed not to far from his entrance, that likely goes to the top of the communications tower. He radios in "Found a service elevator on my end probably for lifting stuff to the top of the tower. Everything looks clear over here for now. Might not be that way for long though, so you might want to hurry over here with the explosives."
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus sighs. He sends a command to Styx to widen it's sensors to cover the whole city, and to begin cycling through monitoring programs and camera modes until it picks up hostiles ((I'll let you guys tell me when it picks up something :P)).

Cerberus reaches into a pocket he had hidden in his jacket and produces two candy bars. He tosses one to Alexey as he walks over. "Personally, if I were to die, I'd like one of my last memories to be something sweet." He crouches down to check some of the other dead bodies. He manages to find a couple rounds for his revolver, a few stun grenades and an ornamental knife which he takes for his collection.

There is a bit of groaning, and the soldier that Alexey wounded is still laying on the ground. Cerberus looks at Alexey and motions with his thumb towards the dying Auroran. "You want to take care of it or shall I?"

lolKieck

Alexey barely catches the candy bar since he was readying up his position. "Yeah, not something as bitter." He checks the magazines lying around and takes some Auroran assault rifles and puts them beside himself.
Then he looks at the wounded guy. "Well, we Aurorans generally don't shoot wounded, after all fighting with your injuries is a honourable fight too, something which at least partially helps you to clean your honour." He thinks a bit. "Unless I've shot him in the lower stomach. Then it'll be a mercy shot."

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus looks at the soldier's body. The gunshot appears to pass near the thigh-inner pelvis area, maybe cutting the femoral artery. It was difficult to tell. "looks like you may have grazed and cut an artery. Considering you're Auroran, I'll let you make the decision, do whatever rites or rituals he deserves." Cerberus gets up, dusting himself off, and making sure to pocket the spoils he looted earlier.

lolKieck

As if the wounded soldier understood the conversation, he loses consciousness (and most likely dies in the next few posts). Alexey shrugs. "Well, seems he was smart enough to realise what we were talking about." He then continues eating his candy bar.

Ragolution

In a moment, Styx's sensors light up like a Christmas tree and pollutes Cerberus's HUD with notifications as hundreds of enemy signatures are recognized on the ground and in the atmosphere above.

Seconds later, a burning star of light blooms on the horizon as a screaming salvo of metal penetrates the air and crackles with ozone as the molten slug of metal rips through the sky. It arcs to the east, flying a distance behind the party and sending the sound of  impact into their ears.

The soldier's eyes light up in fear and, in a whisper the wounded soldier lets free a single warning cry:

"Bombardment."

Shells begin raining from the sky, each shot tearing the heavens like the burning feathers of angels. The superballistic uranium pellets pound home on the planet, ripping the sun-baked earth asunder and throwing brittle asphalt and hunks of re-bar into the air.

Twenty miles to the east, the city block is torn asunder in a bloom of smoke and fire.

Paintcheck

((Uh...who's bombarding what with what, exactly, Rags?))

Eris climbs the flights of stairs cautiously but quickly. She met no resistance and arrived at the communications room several minutes after Achilles, breathing hard from the jog up the flights of stairs. She reached into her pack and tossed Achilles chargepacks "You do that side of the room, I'll do this one." As she planted the explosives, she called in to the fleet in orbit.

"Eris here, we've taken the communications center, some casualties but we're ready to blow it."
"Acknowledged, Eris. We're starting the landings now. Hold position and we'll send a squad to pick you up."

She looked over Achilles' work. "Sloppy," she teased him as she wired up the detonators, then turned to exit the room to blow them.

Done below, the wounded Auroran dies from the massive blood loss. Styx picked up movement from mall side where the Exusians originally dropped from. A lot of movement. The Aurorans were mounting a counterattack, armed civilians and local police and militia swarmed to the satellite relay. It would not save the relay in time, but it might assuage their bloodlust slightly. Several missiles stab into the sky at the offending drone, swatting it down like a mosquito a block out.

Ragolution

High above on his starship, Lord Militant Xavier Montpelier sips a crystal chalice of fine red and smirks down at the blossoms of artillery fire.

"Sir" the Ensign quavers up from the banks of consoles. "W- We missed.."

"WE WHAT."

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus stands up, trying to take in the massive amount of data and warnings that began bombarding him from his eyepiece.

And then it all blinked out as the sound of a distant explosion filled the air.

Cursing under his breath, Cerberus ran to the window and looked up to the the smoldering carcass of his ship rocket overhead, and crashing with an earth-rumbling impact. As he is knocked to his knees, he feels a bit of grief and then looses it arguing away the inevitability of the loss of his ship. That hunk of junk had lasted him forever, saved his ass many times before. He knew it would go down eventually, but there would be no salvaging it this time. Adieu old friend.

Cerberus quickly comms in to Eris and Achilles. "You guys need to hurry up with blowing that relay. We have a mass of armed civilians, local militia and police forces closing in on our position, and they shot my ship out of the sky which means what little support we had just got hit by a rocket and crashed about a block behind us. I'll hold them off to the best of my ability, but when evac gets here you better be on it."

lolKieck

First stray shots are heard as the encouraged mob approaches the defensive perimeter set up by Cerberus and the Auroran mercenary.

"Hope there are some reinforcements coming. Or more air support." Alexey says to Cerberus, shivering at the thought of getting into the angry civilians' hands.

Ragolution

"We're not even on the right planet, sir. I have no idea who gave you those coordinates but this is definitely not the world we were told to bombard." Xavier's personal assistant chimed in from her station.

"Well we showed whoever that is what-for, Erica, that much is certain. I'm sure we killed some enemy or something."

"Sir... It's not just that, it's..."

As Erica swiveled her console screen towards him, the color drained out of the Captain's face.

"O-oh. Oh no."

"Sir, we're being targetted."

Kokkaku Kishu

Cerberus readies, aiming the SAW at the entrance to the compound.

As he aims down his sights, waiting for the first body to come through the kill-box, he addresses his fellow soldier.

"Look, Alexey was it? The most we're going to get is an extremely hot evac at this point. When it gets here, you need to promise me that you'll make sure you and the rest of the forward team are on it. When it comes, and it will, I'll draw their fire and try and buy you guys as much time as I can. Can you do that for me?"

Tom

When Eris teases him about his 'sloppy' work he retorts by saying "Well I learned most of what I know from you." He would say that in a joking way. He'd turn and exit with Eris "We'd better hurry up and get down there, those new guys sound like they're about to shit their pants due to the angry untrained mob."
Oh boy.

lolKieck

Alexey sighs, wondering how the Exusians portray a typical Auroran.

"You've got a bloody machine gun, they have semi-automatic rifles, mostly used for hunting. Hell, some of them have handguns. While the mob isn't dangerous when they're shooting at us, we're going to have a bad time if they get into this building."

And as soon as the Auroran said anything about getting into the building, the mob had started to assault the building. Alexey aims at the entrance and shoots two irregular fighters trying to heroically run in guns blazing.

"Under attack!" he reports to the two Streloks (see what I did there?), as if the gunfire wasn't a good enough information. He takes out a grenade and puts it on the ground, just in case he will have to use heavier arguments.