Exusia 2.5: Treaty and the Borderlands

Started by Paintcheck, 12-09-2010

Paintcheck

Rules

1. No powergaming
2. You may play as many characters at a time as you like but you must treat them as separate. No magically sharing information or items or anything between them, you must RP doing so as if the other chars were played by other people
3. Try to let all characters involved in an RP get a word in before continuing. IE if Tom, me, and Mango are RPing than I should wait for Tom and Mango to respond to my actions before I post again. This is up to your discretion naturally but please try not to end events before everyone gets a chance to RP in it
4. PM me questions about lore/suggestions you have for it. I deliberately kept it pretty open but I have standards so do not be bringing in your own inventions without consulting me.
5. Have fun.

OOC Information
This is a slightly different arc from the other two topics. The Borderlands are owned by Exusia in name only. Too far from the capital for any Highborn to want to rule, they exist outside of the law and basically run themselves. Gunslingers and rebels mean very little to the average denizen out here.

Treaty is a young colony, only 3 generations old. It is a haven for corporations, especially mercenary guilds who want to operate outside of the law. Within the past 40 years Treaty has all but disappeared from the public eye. Occasionally traders and mercenaries will come back to civilization with fantastic stories about Treaty's technological wonders and the green-skinned aliens that share the world with humanity. Whether that is true or not doesn't concern most Exusians who assume Treaty is a lawless hellhole that is quiet because it doesn't want to be heard. As far as the average Exusian knows, aliens don't exist. Or at least they haven't found us yet...

The Elis'aolli

The Elis'aolli are the only aliens that humans know of in Exusian space (and most humans don't know of them since they only really live on some of the furthest colonies).

Physical Description: Bipedal and humanoid. 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand, fingers are slightly longer than the average human's. 3 toed feet. Average height is 6 feet so taller than average human. Pale green skin is the most common color although blue and yellow are not uncommon, some individuals have spots or similar markings.. 2 eyes, roughly same shape as human's but with reptilian pupils (vertical pupils, yellow or similar iris). Nostrils are slits like a snake or frog, no actual nose. Have hair on head, can be different colors just like a human's. Are biologically compatible with humans (breath same air, can eat same food, can do interspecies sex because I know some idiot will ask about that...)

Tech: Slighty more technologically advanced than humans, weapons are rail guns rather than chemical propellant, have hover cars and generally are a step ahead in most fields. Their buildings and other products tend to be very high quality and they are good engineers. Buildings tend to have sleek, pointy tops and wide bases to prevent from blocking out the sky when lots are put together.

Culture: The Elis'aolli are based on a tribal system, they all have 2 (sometimes more depending on tribal affiliations. It is possible to be part of multiple tribes) names. The tribe name is always first followed by the individual name: Zel'kaya (in English would be Kaya Zel). Tribes are analogous to nations. Each tribe tends to specialize in one field (although that does not mean everyone from that tribe is one profession) and the tribes trade amongst themselves (or loan members out to other tribes) for all tribes to get what they need ((If you take economics this is the most efficient way to divide resources up irl)) Because being loaned out to another tribe is a source of income for your tribe and makes you more important, Elis'aolli are very driven towards self improvement and mastering their craft or profession. Advancement within your tribe and society is earned through proving you are a master in your field.

History: The Elis'aolli come from Homeworld (or, in their language, O'kia) several systems away from human space. According to their history, they were a slave race to a technologically advanced other race from parts unknown. This other race (called the Masters in English or the 'Loiarchos in their language) used the Elis'aolli to produce starships and war machines for them. Eventually the Elis'aolli united against the 'Loiarchos and drove them from their planet. Despite being technologically inferior, their strength in numbers led to their ultimate victory, although the war was bloody and destructive, wiping out most of the 'Loiarchos tech. The 'Loiarchos fled, taking their remaining knowledge and technology with them, presumably back to their home planet though no one knows for certain. After nearly a thousand years of reverse engineering scraps of technology left behind, the Elis'aolli took to the stars themselves, hoping to chase the 'Loiarchos across the void. So far they have not found them, but their searching and colonizing of other planets continues. This is how they arrived in human space.
First contact with humans sent tremors of excitement down the spines of every Elis'aolli but they soon determined that humanity was a greedy collection of beings not even as advanced as the Elis'aolli themselves and were unlikely to be the 'Loiarchos. They took Treaty for themselves and grudgingly tolerate humanity's presence.

Most Elis'aolli believe the 'Loiarchos to be malevolent gods and hope to wipe them from the universe. At that point they believe they will become gods themselves with the duty to protect other species and teach them the ways of space travel and technology, much as the 'Loiarchos (accidentally) taught them. On Treaty they search for clues of 'Loirarchos presence and also run corporations engaging in...dubious business practices that would be difficult to get away with on Homeworld.

Humanity's Technology:
Guns still use bullets, no lasers. No "shields", armor is ok and yes fairly advanced armor exists in this world but if you want to play as a rebel char you likely do not have access to it. Faster than light travel exists but it's not very relevant at this point. Depending on how far this goes that might come into play. Cars are hydrogen powered or electric, internal combustion engines exist but aren't ultra common. PDAs and smartphones and the like are all over the place...just be reasonable with what you want your character to have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paintcheck

With a hum the engine sprang to life, the reactor glowing a healthy purple in the confines of the garage. She removes her welding goggles and wipes a sweat-drenched lock of fiery red hair over a pointed ear. Setting her welder down (a laser as opposed to the clumsy chemical welders used by humans) she taps a few keys on her PDA and looks at engine's output.

"And that is how you do it," she says to herself as she notes the 10% increase in power. And that's why humans pay me the big bucks she smiles at her use of the human expression. Humans were so funny. Can't engineer anything to save their life but are more than eager to enlist an alien to do it for them. Which was fine with her. Clumsy human engineering was easy enough to fix for huge performance gains and very little actual work. The hardest part was doing this without getting arrested for possessing stolen property but that was easy enough. There wasn't much law on Treaty to begin with and since she didn't actually steal anything (well, maybe once or twice...or several times) it was a simple matter of professing that she was just a mechanic and to go arrest the client. Worked every time so far.

She closes the engine cover and wipes her hands on a rag. She looks at the car distastefully. She shakes her head and walks out of the garage and into the bathroom where she scrubs her hands more thoroughly. She peels off the dirty top half of her coverall and ties the arms around her waist. She steps into the front office and says to the Elis'aolli manning the desk "I'm done with that mor'ta vehicle if you want to tell those 2 to come pick it up." Mor'ta was Aolli slang for human. It was a type of animal native to the homeworld that was known for being aggressive and stupid. Often dead ones would be found with hundreds of different wounds on them, signifying that the creature had somehow managed to pick a fight with an entire forest and lost. In Zel'Kaya's eyes that description fit humanity pretty well. She takes a seat and props her feet on the desk.

Zombiehunta

"It wasn't easy. It hurt."

Two men sat side by side, both on bar stools in a human-architectual bar. One, the one expressing how something wasn't easy, and apparently hurt, was an average looking guy. He had short blonde hair and an average look to him. Or maybe it was brown hair. It looked like it could be either. His eyes were brown with a green tint, which looked especially odd up close, but spectacuarly normal if you weren't really looking too hard. He had a slight accent from some unknown source, that barely made an effect. He wore a blue t-shirt, which was especially normal on Treaty for humans, for no reason in particular.  He also had on a pair of tan cargo pants. He looked about 20, which was a year younger then the man next to him. He wasn't too short, but was far from tall. To be specific, he was 5'11". In general, he was extremely average.

"Shhh. Your complaining is annoying as hell."

He quickly revolved his stool back around to the girl he was sitting next to. They seemed to be getting along all too well. This man was far from average. He had mid-neck length brown hair, and brown eyes.  He was wearing a brown, flat top long rimmed hat. It was more leathry then anything else it was. He was nearly clean shaven, but had a bit of a prickle. He was wearing a green jacket and a white undershirt. Both were stained with dried blood and dirt. He had blue dirty jeans on, with a strange looking emblem stitched into it. In clear sight was a holstered old reveolver, but it looked all new. It had a block grip and was completely stainless steel. The special thing was the holster. It was a beautiful black, with tons of elaborate designs on it. His shoes were a nice shade of gray, which is odd, as gray is normally very dull. As he wipped back around on the stool, he flashed a smile at the girl. She glanced and smiled back.

Just for enlightenment, I'll explain what happened not too long ago, in fact, about an hour ago. The two men, mainly the above average one, were scoping out a car, a particularly rare car that seemed like it would be very nice to have. After some fighting, and some clumsy grand theft auto, they got the car to a mechanic that the above average one had been given connections to by another friend. After getting the, at this point unresponsive, car to her, the non-average one left a note as to where they were going and how to get there.

Just as the girl was getting talked up, an Elis'aolli, that looked somewhat familiar to the both of them, walked into the bar.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Paintcheck

Kaven'Ra nods and stands up. "They told me to get them at a bar. Probably too poor for a communicator." They both laugh and he walks out the door. He finds the bar easily enough and opens the door, ignoring the glares the mostly-human customers direct at him. He sees the two humans he's looking for and approaches them. In near-perfect English he address them, "Car's done, you can come by and get it."

Tom

A woman in a rather dark Cloak sort of thing walks in, she is wearing a Bacalavaca With shades, and a bandana over the mouth hole, she is also wearing a black Hat with a silver Hawk on it, She sits down, She has slung a Sinclair Arms Javelin, with a longer barrel, and a custumized scope, the Javelin is Black and Silver, It has a few odd looking symbols on the butt of the rifle along with the word "Kat" in Cursive. She sits down at the bar and lowers the bandana part. She orders some Tequila from the bar and waits for her order to be servered
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Kaya walks in herself, deciding she deserves a drink after working on yet-another piece of shit human vehicle. She ignores the two customers who Kaven'Ra is currently speaking to and takes a seat at the bar next to a female with a rifle.

She remembers this is a human bar immediately after she starts to order an a'kool in her native language. She quickly switches to English. "Uh...strongest thing you got mixed with something sweet." Human alcohol just wasn't the same.

Tom

Kat notes the Ellis next to her and waves lazily, Her drink comes up and she takes the shot, She says "Keep em comming barkeep. . ."
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

"Uh...hi?" Humans with guns didn't make Kaya feel at ease.

The bartender slides her what appears to be a rum and cola or similar with a sneer fit that could freeze fire. "Pethan'oun st'i fot'a" she curses him under her breath and then takes a sip. She grimaces How do these imbeciles drink this shit? I've tasted hydraulic fluid better! She reaches into the front of her tanktop and removes what looks like a piece of...possibly a circuit board that hangs around her neck. She rubs it with her fingers and flips it over in her hand absentmindedly as she consumes her beverage. Between sips she tries to stealthily flick bar peanuts into her neighbor's drink.

Tom

Kat notices the peanuts suddenly flying toward her and she turns around "Yes?" She says in a very calm yet sort of stressed voice. Last thing I need is some BITCH trying to start shit. . . I have enough idiots doing shit with the Crimzon Angels already. . . The Eagles and the Angels are two Rival Merc groups who compete and sometimes accually fight for contracts.
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Kaya takes a drink and looks back like what? laughing to herself. I am so childish. She continues playing with the thing around her neck and downs the rest of the beverage. She steals a glance at the two humans whose car she's been working on to see what their deal is.

Tom

Kat shrugs and looks at the peanuts and wipes them away slowly, then looks back at Kaya What is that? . She then glances down the bar to see two mercs in Brown uniforms, with Crimzon patches on them Fuck. . . Not again, If I don't draw attention maybe they will look me over and I won't be kicked out of this bar too. . . . One of them looks up from the bar, then turns to the other and says something motioning to Kat. Fuck. . . There goes another bar Im kicked out of. . . Soon im gonna have to go to some Aolli bars to get decent service. . . The two mercs start to walk toward her.
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Kaya eyes the mercs and looks at her seat partner. In her excellent English she asks "Uh...those guys seem to be interested in you. Should I be worried?"

Tom

Kat Nods and motions for her to scoot over and simply remarks "Idiots. Bar fight soon." The Crimzon Mercs walk up and say in a snide and snarky way "Hey Hey. . . If it ain't one of those Hawks eh?"
Kat snarls.
"Whats the matter? Not happy to see your friends?"
Kat mumbles "Assholes"
"What was that Hawk? I didn't quite hear you." One of the mercs sets a hand on her.
Kat Elbows the man in the crotch, He slouches over in pian and she upper cuts him on his way down. The other merc pulls out a knife and Kat steps back grabbing a hand full of ashes from an ashtray throwing it up in the mercs face, His hand shoots for his face and she wraps an arm around his upper arm containing the knife, she sqeezes and throws her opposite hand toward his forearm as hard as she can, A slight crack is heard and the man yelps in pain and drops the knife, The other man stands up and unholsters a Pistol and raises it, she sees it and quickly spins the other guy around and kicks him in the chest toward the guy with the gun. The guy fires hitting the other mercs shoulder and then plops over after the other guy hits him, She stands ther for a moment breathing heavily, she then raises her hand up and remarks "Check please."
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

//Well this died due to Zombiehunta disappearing after 1 post. :(