<::| Terminology and Response Codes |::>

Started by Madcombat, 06-04-2012

Madcombat

Hey, I noticed you guys didn't have much in terms of Terminology and Responce codes, so I thought I'd share some thing me and Triv cooked up from a few years ago back in Shhrp.

<:: Terminology ::>

Necrotic - Zombie

Biotic - Antlion, Headcrab

Exogen - Off-world organism

ACA - Anti Citizen Activity

Non-Combatant - An individual not involved in a military or armed force.

Adversary - A party acknowledged as potentially hostile to a friendly Party.

Combatant - A individual that is armed and hostile.

Barrage fire - Fire which is designed to fill a volume of space or area rather then aimed specifically at a given target.

Warning Shots - The fireing of shots or delivery of ordnance by personnel or weapons systems in the vicinity of a person, vessel, or aircraft as a signal to immediantely cease activity.

Field of Fire - The area which a weapon or a group of weapons may cover effectively with fire from a given position.

Forward Area - An area in proximity to combat.

Forward Operating Base - A structure used to support tactical operations without establishing full support facilities.

Objective Area - A defiened area within which is located an objective to be captured or reached by the militery forces.

Combat Zone - That area required by combat forces for the conduct of operations.

Operating Forces - Those forces whose primary missions are to participate in combat and the integral supporting elements.

Stabilization Team - Civil Protection

Ripcord - Fall back to Nexus

Cauterize - Amputate from a long distance.

Isolate - Block the area or person off from the world.

Prosecute - Detain.

Fireteam - A fireteam is a small military unit of infantry. Usually consisting of 4 to 5 members.

Fire maneuver Team - A fire and maneuver team is the smallest unit above the individual soldier. Usually consisting of only two members.

ODA (Operational Detachment) - A squad of overwatch Infantry, usually consisting of two fireteams and four fire maneuver teams. Lead by a operational Detachment Commander (ODC).

<:: Response Codes ::>

10-0 - Use Caution

10-4 - Roger

10-7 - Completely out of service

10-7od - Off Duty

10-8 - In Service

10-12 - Visitors of City Administrator present

10-15 - Anti-citizen detained

10-16 - Let the anti-citizen out of detainment

10-20 - Your location

10-21 - ETA is

10-24 - Emergency at Nexus all units return

10-38 - Your desination

10-45 - Give name of unit in charge

10-50 - Resume patrol

10-54 - Possible dead body

10-57 - Firearms discharged

10-103 - Disturbance

10-108 - Unit down/needs assistance

11-99 - Threatening contact

<:: Phonetic Alphabet ::>

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot
Golf
Hotel
India
Juliet
Kilo
Lima
Mike
November
Oscar
Papa
Quebec
Romeo
Sierra
Uniform
Victor
Whiskey
X-Ray
Yankee
Zulu

---

If you'd like anything else such as breaching or a improvement on your contraban list, ask and I've be sure to supply you some thing nice from what we cooked up.

Judas

Overwatch

10-99 and 11-99 Are Unit/officer backups that vary in how much backup/force is needed.

10-99 is basically casual and 11-99 is basically shit hit the fan.

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Overwatch

They tend to have a field day the first chance they get to say

"Ready to amputate"
"Amputate"

Madcombat

Quote from: OverPony on 06-04-2012
They tend to have a field day the first chance they get to say

"Ready to amputate"
"Amputate"

Agh yes, "New Units"
The people who go around spamming "Pick up that can" and "Move along" because they can use the binds...  We have dismissed this claim

deluxulous

Overwatch

Corocan

Redbark

QuoteExogen - Off-world organism

I always read Organism as Orgasm

Madcombat

Quote from: Corocan on 06-04-2012
Don't forget Virome

Or Anti-Citizen.
:3

Not my job to add em', I placed this here to assist the union and nothing more.  If you guys want some thing on breaching I've got a nice guide ready right here.

Corocan

Quote from: Madcombat on 07-04-2012
Don't forget Virome

Or Anti-Citizen.

Not my job to add em', I placed this here to assist the union and nothing more.  If you guys want some thing on breaching I've got a nice guide ready right here.

A breaching guide, followed by breaching training and maybe a few terminology tests every so often.

It'd definitely be a good thing to post that breaching guide, though. Also, maybe you might want to put up a Suggestions topic. Maybe someone there could find a guide with the sorts of stuffs we need on it?

Madcombat

Quote from: Corocan on 07-04-2012
Don't forget Virome

Or Anti-Citizen.

A breaching guide, followed by breaching training and maybe a few terminology tests every so often.

It'd definitely be a good thing to post that breaching guide, though. Also, maybe you might want to put up a Suggestions topic. Maybe someone there could find a guide with the sorts of stuffs we need on it?

Its vital to get the breaching guides, clamping, terminology and responce codes up ASAP.  Reasons why is because the union without them will become horribly disorginised.  I learned first hand that mistake twice and its not a easy mistake to fix.  It usually requires an activity check because most players are too damn lazy to check the forums.

Corocan

Quote from: Corocan on 07-04-2012
Don't forget Virome

Or Anti-Citizen.

Its vital to get the breaching guides, clamping, terminology and responce codes up ASAP.  Reasons why is because the union without them will become horribly disorginised.  I learned first hand that mistake twice and its not a easy mistake to fix.  It usually requires an activity check because most players are too damn lazy to check the forums.

I advise that you also might want to set up a /viewdata format. Like,

Citizen Name:
CID:

Loyalty Points: (If we use them)
Points: (If we use them, if not we can use 'Infractions:' and just state the crime and the Unit who responded there.)

Also, if you need some sort of list or something like that put up, I'd be glad to offer my assistance in any way I possibly can.