Silver Knight

Frey Matterson

Faction: Argent Tor

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KingArthur

Oh... Hell...

Bl★ck Star

Prepare for the greatest magic shit storm of our time.

Steven :D

Exile : "You can only use three elements, any more will kill you."
Exile in server : "USE SIX!"

Recreas

Quote from: Steven :D on 06-12-2011

Are you not aware that Exile is in possesion of all artifacts and spell books...
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Recreas on 06-12-2011

Are you not aware that Exile is in possesion of all artifacts and spell books...

USE ALL THE ELEMENTS

Madcombat

Exile, in all honesty you should think about the progression of the character rather then throwing it all in there.  Also I'd like to see more infomation on the character if you could find the time on your busy schedule.

Paintcheck

Are you not aware that that has nothing to do with Exile's limit on magic? Read his "Spell List" thread. Despite being extremely overly complicated in my opinion it does have a good IC reason for why mages can't be jacks of all trades and the reason is NOT "People just don't have the brain power to learn all the spell books" but rather "Your body cannot take that much energy in it"

So it seems to me the limit is "being mortal" not "having spell books". Unless this character is immortal/a deity of some sort. In which case that is stupid.

Recreas

Quote from: Paintcheck on 07-12-2011

Are you not aware that that has nothing to do with Exile's limit on magic? Read his "Spell List" thread. Despite being extremely overly complicated in my opinion it does have a good IC reason for why mages can't be jacks of all trades and the reason is NOT "People just don't have the brain power to learn all the spell books" but rather "Your body cannot take that much energy in it"

So it seems to me the limit is "being mortal" not "having spell books". Unless this character is immortal/a deity of some sort. In which case that is stupid.

Calm down, it was a joke...
In all seriousness though, I'm sure that this is as much of an "overpowered" character as Romka's paladin.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Cutch

Quote from: Recreas on 08-12-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 07-12-2011

Calm down, it was a joke...
In all seriousness though, I'm sure that this is as much of an "overpowered" character as Romka's paladin.
Yeah except when we call Romka a dumbass and explain why, we can at least make him listen. Last Exile just kicks it back in our face and is like "nope, Im king, dotcha know?"

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Pink!

I'll chip in here.

Often, a completely overpowered God character is needed, and vital, to the server. A hero that's incomparable, who creates, guides, and protects the actions of other characters. Something manipulated by a leader to ensure everyone has fun. In pen and paper roleplay, with a gamemaster, it's a lot easier, as they can assume multiple roles and keep the entire story moving.

In freeform roleplay? It can be a great deal harder to create, and prevent from being stagnant. An majestic character is very, very good at preventing this from happening. If you want a practical example, imagine that Exile wants to get the server gathered against a foe; for example, a fierce dragon licking its wounds, and preparing to strike back. A character of proven power has the ability to say, "Bam. Get over here, and help," and more importantly, supplies a reason, and motivation, for characters to listen and do as he suggests. If you've been to Half-Life 2, Rex Lee is a good example of this; a gaming example would be Satele Shan, from TOR. Alternately, imagine Strelok, or one of his group, coming up and explaining a problem he doesn't have time to solve.

My $0.02, and it depends on the situation and how the character is portrayed.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

jaik

Quote from: Pink! on 29-01-2012
Rex Lee is a good example of this

that's tnb and we killed him, the rebellious nut.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway