What is Space Station 13?

Started by Ragolution, 18-08-2012

Ragolution

Space Station 13 is a paranoia-laden roleplaying game set against the backdrop of a nonsensical, metal death trap masquerading as a space station. The game is 2D, sprite, and tile-based. It's written in BYOND, which accounts for its attrocious controls and limited graphical capability. Despite its shortcomings, it's amazingly fun for what it is. Prepare to lose many hours to it. (I stole that from the SS13 wiki)

It's a pretty great game on the whole, and aside from all the dickery and assfuckery, can be a decent RP enviornment and allows for INFINITE FUN.

Without the whole RP element, SS13 plays a lot like TTT from Gmod but in 2D.

Plunger

It's not really like TTT, only because I don't remember the engineer going insane and flooding the entire ship with the engines magma in TTT.

Ragolution

Quote from: Plunger on 18-08-2012
It's not really like TTT, only because I don't remember the engineer going insane and flooding the entire ship with the engines magma in TTT.

Very good point.

It's like TTT on crack cocaine and amphetamines.

Frostee

When was this added to HGN?  Please god tell me you don't donate for certain jobs.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Frostee on 18-08-2012
When was this added to HGN?  Please god tell me you don't donate for certain jobs.

There is nothing to donate for.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ragolution

Quote from: Frostee on 18-08-2012

You say "I want to be whitelisted".

I consider it for a moment.

Then I deny Frosty and approve everyone else

Khorn

You have to donate if you want to speak.

Donate more if you wish to regain use of your left arm.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 18-08-2012
You have to donate if you want to speak.

Donate more if you wish to regain use of your left arm.

u wot m8

Tom

Lol I remeber this game. Last time I played the geneticist, asked me to assist him by finding a willing participant to be turned into a monkey, so I ran through the halls and found anouther assistant and asked him if he would help me, help the geneticist with some experiments, so I run down to the lab with the guy and said "Here's a guy willing to help" and he was like "okay" and dragged him into the lab without any questions and injected him with the shit that turns you into a monkey. . . It was great cause later I had to. . . Kill the monkey by beating him to death with a toolbox.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ragolution

Quote from: Tom on 19-08-2012
Lol I remeber this game. Last time I played the geneticist, asked me to assist him by finding a willing participant to be turned into a monkey, so I ran through the halls and found anouther assistant and asked him if he would help me, help the geneticist with some experiments, so I run down to the lab with the guy and said "Here's a guy willing to help" and he was like "okay" and dragged him into the lab without any questions and injected him with the shit that turns you into a monkey. . . It was great cause later I had to. . . Kill the monkey by beating him to death with a toolbox.

I love stories.

Got any more?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Ragolution on 19-08-2012
Quote from: Tom on 19-08-2012

I love stories.

Got any more?
Ask
'MILLER'
He keeps spamming me about SS13 stories N' stuff.

Ragolution

As a parting note, SS13 is only fun when there's other people to play it with, so coax 2-3 of your freinds to participate and one of these days we'll have 30 people online at once and we'll party like it's 3012

Ragolution