BG_ArtOfWar

Started by Silver Knight, 14-09-2009

Silver Knight

Well, this is not set in stone, but im considering making a new map for bg2, for a more captive game, the current maps are pretty awful in the sense there isn't much detail or much terrain to play around with.

So, my plan is fairly simple:

Two forts, either side, up on top of a hill, it's made of wood, has places to look down over, next you have a steep slope down into a small moat, running along, across from that, a forest, lots of tree's and a field in the middle.

There's 3 flags, one in the field, and 1 in each fort, players will spawn behind each of the fort's on a ship. Leaving enough capture time to either take the garrisons from each other, or advance.

The outposts will have two openable doors on either side, and one or two buildings. Other than the forest, there will be two other places along there, one a ravine, and one a swamp.

Terrain is something which has not been used properly in any of the battlegrounds 2 maps, back then, pretty much all the land was covered in forest, and chopped down only to make room for farming and houses/land. Remains would always be left behind.

Tents - Fort - Moat == Forest-Field-Forest == Moat - Fort - Tents

In general, it will bring alot of conflict all the time, and will require tactics to achieve victory. Maybe for once, the commanders will be able to direct and guide their troops without meeting the enermy within the first 5 minutes.

There alot of things which should be in BG, which arn't

Horses, Cannons, Envoys, flag bearers, musicians (Drummer, flute etc) If BG had a easier code system, id probably code something up for the musicians.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Locke

I like it a lot

dox

MeatyTorpedo

Hey silver, are you still working on this map? You are right about most of the maps in bg2 they are weak and look like they got thrown together in about 30 minutes.

BakedMeatyTorpedo 8)
Physics are great, light travels faster than sound. This is why people appear bright until they begin to speak !!

Silver Knight

Quote from: BakedMeatyTorpedo on 22-11-2009
Hey silver, are you still working on this map? You are right about most of the maps in bg2 they are weak and look like they got thrown together in about 30 minutes.

BakedMeatyTorpedo 8)

Sadly nope, it was just an idea i had planned.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period