STALKER Donation Sweps\New playable mutants

Started by Silver Knight, 05-04-2013

Silver Knight

Some of you have expressed discontent with the news of donator sweps and i want to clear up any miss-information people have about it. These weapons (5 of 15 that were added) are weapons you wouldn't find in the zone, period, they would have to be imported into the zone. They are not game breaking weapons but if "free" and everyone decided to buy them, then they would break STALKER as we know it by ruining the lore. We also need money to upkeep the server and for awhile now we have had a small "trickle" of donations but most of the money to upkeep HGN is coming out of my own pocket and right now i'm unemployed which means i am relying on welfare, so it's a big deal to me. Essentially this provides a compromise to allow people who want interesting guns that would not be in the zone to have them and benefit\upkeep the server.

By all means if you think donations are bad then help pay for the server box, webhosting and any additional funds needed to upkeep hgn and we can live in a donation-free environment.

To add to this announcement i can announce that i will be allowing app-able mutants (non-donator) that you can apply to roleplay as. They are as follows:

Rodent
BlindDog
Flesh

However as with donators there are strict rules regarding the mutants and STALKER veterans (6 months playing on the server) Will only be allowed to apply.

I can also announce we will have a new wide range of playable-mutants, the remainder of mutants that were in stalker and some mutants that don't appear in the games but that fit into the lore and are used in STALKER Online\Survivium. For example the Giant Spider.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

nKe

Khorn

I don't think anyone had issues with you needing donations, it's understandable that the server needs it. I think the fact you added a weapon 'protection' to them is bad. I don't believe many will donate, but in any case, those that do will get to a new level of no fear. It gets to a point where some will walk the zone in Exo's and with anti-tank guns.

You are making poor decisions in hopes to cater to kids that just want to play big bad ass man.

Remove the protection. Player finds a donator item has to sell it at first chance to remove it out of the game.
Donator has to buy it in game again. Have it be a donation for a gun 'license', as much as it makes sense. Same for suits.
This would at least let bandits and those that survive a fight get a chance to make a proper reward out of the 'big' men of the zone.

As for ideas to get more donations, I have none really. Stalker RP isn't so big since the game's last release. And surivium or what not might boost players a bit. You seriously may want to find a new current trend for RP. Or find a new game that is popular. Most Gmoders like dark rp or other shit scripts rp.

lolKieck

Khorn, tell us of a way to attract people to donate for guns then.
And it's spelled Survarium. S-U-R-V-A-R-I-U-M
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌