HGN Merger and Announcement of New\Old Servers

Started by Silver Knight, 11-08-2013

Silver Knight

*** has now merged into HyperGaming Network and as a result the community now has more resources to continue to provide quality servers and entertainment to people. There has been total revamps in the administration on how things are structured and we look forward to the new possibilities can come of this merger.

We have many new servers in hgn from the merger and our previous servers will be making a return. The new divisions (Servers) inside hgn are as follows:

New Servers\Divisions:

Warbands: Napoleonic wars - [95th Kolberg Regiment]

Warbands Napoleonic wars - [Nr.59 Wartensleben Regiment]

EVE Online Corporation - Valor

A MineCraft Build Server

ARMA 2 - 4th Infantry Division "Raiders Brigade"

Returning servers:

Aceon will be replaced with a new minecraft roleplay server under a different theme\genre (more to come)

Caphori will be coming back however it may undergo redevelopment.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay will be returning. We will be looking for developers to code\map etc for the server. As well as new possible admin recruits.

Teamspeak 3 server: New IP: 192.187.121.250:1337

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

CC

Best of luck to HGN, let's see how it holds up this time around!

jaik

this seems so dodgy
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

Roy

The Arma 2 realism unit is a separate group. It ties with HGN but I am the only leader of it.

Contact me if you are interested though

CoolFeerman

Cool.
Really cool, actually. Looking forward to it.

Silver Knight

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

nKe

D33tly

Silver, how much are you getting paid for this? If nothing, you are a horrible Jew.
You used to be a champion Jew, taking people's money.
How the mighty Jews have fallen.
Silverknight
Champion of the Jews 2008-2013

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 11-08-2013this seems so dodgy

My opinions on the matter, here. In a nutshell. ^

Call me pessimistic, but I'm concerned that the same old cycle will occur. Older players know precisely what I'm on about, but newer players don't need to worry their pretty little heads because if it doesn't happen what they don't know won't hurt them.

But SilverKnight, if you want this rebirth to be successful, you're going to have to put some trust in others to help administrate it. One man can't do the job of hosting a community with over 8000 registered members, 16,000 topics in its history, 93 people online just today... Long story short I hope you're ready to put some faith in someone else to take a position capable of maintaining and updating the servers that isn't just you.

If STALKER came back, I'd be happy to pay a visit if the game mode was back to what it used to be, and not what we first saw in Gmod 13. The script, the SWEPs, everything about it was a mistake. A nice attempt at something new, but they say don't fix what isn't broken.

Still, a good script will only get us so far. A good community will be what allows HGN to live or die.

Silver Knight

Quote from: D33tly on 12-08-2013
Silver, how much are you getting paid for this? If nothing, you are a horrible Jew.

Silverknight

I don't get paid to do HGN and never have and i have spent several thousand pounds of my own money over the last 6 years up-keeping HyperGaming Network with minor help from donations. Clearly you are a stupid anti-Semitic idiot and don't belong here.

Roy

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-08-2013My opinions on the matter, here. In a nutshell. ^ Call me pessimistic, but I'm concerned that the same old cycle will occur. Older players know precisely what I'm on about, but newer players don't need to worry their pretty little heads because if it doesn't happen what they don't know won't hurt them. But SilverKnight, if you want this rebirth to be successful, you're going to have to put some trust in others to help administrate it. One man can't do the job of hosting a community with over 8000 registered members, 16,000 topics in its history, 93 people online just today... Long story short I hope you're ready to put some faith in someone else to take a position capable of maintaining and updating the servers that isn't just you. If STALKER came back, I'd be happy to pay a visit if the game mode was back to what it used to be, and not what we first saw in Gmod 13. The script, the SWEPs, everything about it was a mistake. A nice attempt at something new, but they say don't fix what isn't broken. Still, a good script will only get us so far. A good community will be what allows HGN to live or die.

Don't worry. With the merger we also have more admins that will be working and more that will be recruited.
We will also need suggestions for new servers and games to get involved into.

So TL:DR

DO NEED:
Admins
Active Community Input
Constructive Critism

DON'T NEED:
Assholes
Trolls
Pessimists

CC

Quote from: SilverKnight on 12-08-2013
Silverknight
I don't get paid to do HGN and never have and i have spent several thousand pounds of my own money over the last 6 years up-keeping HyperGaming Network with minor help from donations. Clearly you are a stupid anti-Semitic idiot and don't belong here.

Silver, didn't you buy a Moped scooter-thing with the donations of the server? I remember you mentioning that once before on TS. Also, I'm just saying that Thanatos and Brandon Lent alone had given you over 700 dollars in donations. Much more than that actually! I dono how much money it takes to run a server; but you have made money in the bank with all of those donations; but from donations, from the list alone on the server you've made ATLEAST $8100 not including everyone's other donations for models and things to be imported and weapons and such.  You see, when you say thousands of your own pounds and your own money, it just kind of confuses me. I thought anything donated was for the server and to keep the community together. Putting it that way, I just feel like that would have been enough to keep the servers running and be maintained. 

Maybe I'm just speaking out of my ass.

Going on, I'll have to agree with Spades for once. You have to let your admins do things, without them having to put you in a triple german suplex headlock to get a little bit of change. And when I mean a little bit I mean a lot; I just hope people won't have to donate three million dollars to be a mutant on a server again! I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just really hoping things change so they work out for you.  Best of luck especially to the fellahs who are merging with HGN.

lots of good luck

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Roy on 12-08-2013DON'T NEED:
Assholes
Trolls
Pessimists

This will be the tricky part. Not impossible at all, but it requires a policy change I have not yet seen. After all, it's not a difficult concept. No jerks, no trolls. Problem is I've seen too much strict decisions based upon rules and policy of administration instead of human judgement based on the current situations. Such as a player who is miserably bad at roleplaying, has no interest in learning, may very well be doing it on purpose, may even BRAG about pissing people off OOCly in the community, but isn't actually breaking any of the written rules. These people get banned, then later unbanned because "what did they do wrong?" And by then either everyone has forgotten and moved on, or there's some stupid technicality that allows them to exploit a loophole. Then, in my case, as a former admin I've been disgusted by the lack of trust I was given as a Server Supervisor and yet I still had to provide PROOF of something done wrong. Video, screenshots, logs, and often that still didn't get bans on certain people even after several offenses. I mean, to be fair, it's entirely possible that an administrator might just have an unfair grudge against another player, and it's entirely possible an admin just might have crappy patience (as was my case after a while) but then that should be when other admins, even lower-ranking admins, should group together and speak up. For example, I got pretty ban happy because I was convinced all new players were just trying to troll when they just didn't know any better. My subordinates stepped up and said, "Spades, let us handle the new players. You're reacting too harshly." And I did. They turned out to be right, too. But conversely, what about when an entire administration team is having problems with one individual or a group of individuals that consistently drive off new players, only to have a leadership position such as SilverKnight or even just the SV of a server be the only one able to decide, "No, they get an unban"?

I want that to stop. Whoever is administrator now should not have to bring down an investigation equivocating the capacity of an FBI office to get a ban. That's what we had going on before. Ultimately, SilverKnight still has the final say. They are his servers. It is not a democracy. We're not going to be able to stage a bloody revolution and storm the gates of the citadel and usurp the dictator. To be completely honest, I don't think SilverKnight was really even fully aware of the problems going on, because he'd often time hear one side of the story from the first people who got a hold of him. I don't think he did it on purpose. That would be absurd and illogical. Yet, there was formerly very little trust of good admins and very good trust in poor admins. The trust should be in the majority of an administration team, or of the community. Sort of like a President, SilverKnight still has the power to veto a law, but it is Congress (all the other admins) who write the laws. At least, that is how I would like to see it. A democratic monarchy! If we're sticking to the theme of citadels and knights and stuff.

tl;dr

All and all, the process its self is easy. The adaption of attitude to that change is what isn't so easy. Hopefully this nearly year long deadspell of HGN has put a lesson through that wasn't learned before. If it has, then we're golden. If it isn't, well, yea. It'll just die again. But all this has yet to be seen. I shall await the results with an unbiased eye. Pessimism turns into stupidity if things end up going well and I hypothetically keep whining about what could go wrong.

If I see a real change, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, because I said "NO" for almost a year, I wouldn't mind being recruited again as some kind of administrator purely for the ability to create events again.

On a related note to that last sentence, that was fun. In fact, on a related note, I wish there was a server rank without ban abilities that you could apply for that gave you temporary "game master" powers to create events, spawn items, etc, while the admin doesn't need to tear his focus between keeping the players from breaking rules and hosting the event. We did that once actually. I hosted an event on STALKER with Goose, ThY and I think Tom overseeing it while I zipped around in noclip pretending to be a poltergeist.

Oh how we fucked with people that day. That was a beautiful day. I miss that. Everyone loved that RP just as much as I loved pulling the strings. Even the people who got killed loved it. Every community has its ups and downs, so I'll end this on a positive note.... I want to do another event like that with fresh vict--I mean players.

EDIT: Nevermind. This is an awful idea (the crossed-out text). Too open to abuse. Jake is correct about this. I thought about saying "Why don't you just have an admin watch over them?" when I realized, "Why the hell doesn't the admin just do it himself then?" So my point is moot.

Silver Knight

Quote from: CC on 12-08-2013

Silverknight

Silver, didn't you buy a Moped scooter-thing with the donations of the server? I remember you mentioning that once before on TS.

This is untrue. I did get a motorbike for my b-day from my parents 3 years ago, however someone thought they would make a stupid joke that i got it with donations, i guess several people believed it but then again others have believed that i was Cutches son previously so many people appear to be guilable on teamspeak. 

The donations i received all went on the box, webhosting and domains including my own money. People fail to realize that we needed around $145 a month to keep HGN running. 

However donations will no longer be needed to the same extent as before as the running costs are much less so all donation packages we had will be reduced so people can enjoy the roleplay more. I will be posting another announcement soon to explain the various changes that HGN is undergoing.

Cutch

While skepticism on the part of our veteran players is understood and expected, please understand that there is much more to our planned structure than what you may think. It will be confusing at first, but there is nothing to fear as no single person will wield too much power. Silverknight has agreed that he does not desire to micromanage administration anymore, and will sit out on the day-to-day activities of running the community.

Thank you for your understanding,
Cutch
Head of Personnel
HyperGaming Network

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Spades_Neil

I'll be honest. The scooter thing is silly.

But we're still going to joke that you spent the donation money on a scooter, knowing full well this is probably false information. :D

Quote from: Cutch on 12-08-2013While skepticism on the part of our veteran players is understood and expected, please understand that there is much more to our planned structure than what you may think. It will be confusing at first, but there is nothing to fear as no single person will wield too much power. Silverknight has agreed that he does not desire to micromanage administration anymore, and will sit out on the day-to-day activities of running the community. Thank you for your understanding, Cutch Head of Personnel HyperGaming Network

This is good news though.

CC

Well, hopefully things are better than they were before then. I'll have to see it to believe though.

lolKieck

Quote from: Cutch on 12-08-2013While skepticism on the part of our veteran players is understood and expected, please understand that there is much more to our planned structure than what you may think. It will be confusing at first, but there is nothing to fear as no single person will wield too much power. Silverknight has agreed that he does not desire to micromanage administration anymore, and will sit out on the day-to-day activities of running the community. Thank you for your understanding, Cutch Head of Personnel HyperGaming Network
I think the father had a talk with his son.
please dont ban me
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Silverknight

Good goy! Think that Silverknight is an evil jew boss while I count the shekels I've stolen from HGN treasury haueahuahua.

Wait, Spades? Is it really that time of the year?

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-08-2013But SilverKnight, if you want this rebirth to be successful, you're going to have to put some trust in others to help administrate it. One man can't do the job of hosting a community with over 8000 registered members, 16,000 topics in its history, 93 people online just today... Long story short I hope you're ready to put some faith in someone else to take a position capable of maintaining and updating the servers that isn't just you.

Really. I wonder who would you want to get this power? Your semi-positive/enthusiastic tone in that post, combined with how you want to portray yourself as a hardcore HGN veteran in the beginning and later throw in buzzphrases that mean literally nothing(we both know that), tells me your intentions aren't properly presented in that post. Think I am paranoid? Let's read on.

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-08-2013
Quote from: Roy on 12-08-2013DON'T NEED: Assholes Trolls Pessimists
This will be the tricky part. Not impossible at all, but it requires a policy change I have not yet seen. After all, it's not a difficult concept. No jerks, no trolls. Problem is I've seen too much strict decisions based upon rules and policy of administration instead of human judgement based on the current situations. Such as a player who is miserably bad at roleplaying, has no interest in learning, may very well be doing it on purpose, may even BRAG about pissing people off OOCly in the community,

So you start off your second post with a lie. You first state that server policies can somehow prevent assholes from being assholes, trolls from being trolls, etc. Then you state exactly the contrary in the same paragraph, in the next sentence after you state it's impossible. To anyone that  hasn't caught on; assholes will be assholes. How many times in the rules(of other servers) you've seen: "Don't be an asshole" and tell me how often does that work.

Then, in my case, as a former admin I've been disgusted by the lack of trust I was given as a Server Supervisor and yet I still had to provide PROOF of something done wrong. Video, screenshots, logs, and often that still didn't get bans on certain people even after several offenses.

Lack of trust? I hope your way of diverting attention to a completely irrelevant(and imaginary) issue in order to hide your real intentions hasn't been noticed only by me. Although since I've been one of those "certain" people, I can tell you exactly how it worked on Fallout RP that was administrated by the oh-so-oppressed Spades Neil: you get banned if you state anything negative or critical about him or his fat internet girlfriend Caso. The latter roleplaying as a half-deathclaw character that I "authorized" when times were a bit difficult. What Spades did to get her that character was this: cry about oppression, cry how I'm a despotical asshole, etc. This is exactly what he's doing now with all this "OY VEY, MAI POWER RITES ARE BEING OPRESSD!". Of course he to this day likes to say how I passionately auth'd Caso to imply my fault.

I mean, to be fair, it's entirely possible that an administrator might just have an unfair grudge against another player

HAHA. Of course you know that, Spades. Let's not talk about the amount of times I(there were countless others) was permabanned simply because you didn't like me and not a single strike that was shoved onto me was legitimate. To those that don't know/remember. We had a strike system that worked like this: 1 strike - kick/temp ban, 2 strike - kick/temp ban, 3 strike - pban. I had 2 strikes(from bias) and there were admins like Spades who would try and get the third one by reporting me for literally the stupidest or imaginary shit. Dark Angel(an ally of Spades) reported me once for "money farming" despite me being on the server  for like 5 minutes and the paycheck was 90 rubles. The rate was 1hr/90 rubles.

But conversely, what about when an entire administration team is having problems with one individual or a group of individuals that consistently drive off new players, only to have a leadership position such as SilverKnight or even just the SV of a server be the only one able to decide, "No, they get an unban"? I want that to stop.

So Caso and her half-deathclaw adventures didn't drive off anybody? Maybe except for the entire Fallout playerbase and all HGN regulars who hated that shit?
I want you to stop, Spades.

Whoever is administrator now should not have to bring down an investigation equivocating the capacity of an FBI office to get a ban. That's what we had going on before. Ultimately, SilverKnight still has the final say. They are his servers. It is not a democracy. We're not going to be able to stage a bloody revolution and storm the gates of the citadel and usurp the dictator. To be completely honest, I don't think SilverKnight was really even fully aware of the problems going on, because he'd often time hear one side of the story from the first people who got a hold of him. I don't think he did it on purpose. That would be absurd and illogical. Yet, there was formerly very little trust of good admins and very good trust in poor admins. The trust should be in the majority of an administration team, or of the community.
More talk about the admin oppression. Yes, you totally have an idea of that when you were able to wrongfully permaban me and several other people without having to meet any kind of protest from the administration or Silverknight.

I believe admins should have more rights because that's the problem and I'm not projecting any kind of behavior myself!! The evil dictatorship of Silverknight should give us the power, but hey it's his servers so in the end none of this matters, I'm just writing useless shit so that the entire point could be distorted and my fault to be ignored. That would be completely unthinkable and illogical. The bad admins were always given support and the good admins never any, I AM NOT NAMING ANYBODY BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING. LOOK AT MY GOD DAMN POST AND SEE THE AMOUNT OF EXAMPLES I'VE GIVEN -- NONE.

A democratic monarchy! If we're sticking to the theme of citadels and knights and stuff. tl;dr All and all, the process its self is easy. The adaption of attitude to that change is what isn't so easy. Hopefully this nearly year long deadspell of HGN has put a lesson through that wasn't learned before. If it has, then we're golden.

Everybody welcome Spades and his Liberation crew. They will give us prosperity through freedom! Shake off the clutches of oppression and authoritarianism!
The reason for what you call a 'deadspell of HGN' is because opportunists like you seem to end up in the admin team all the time. Do you really think there's a meaning to what you're saying? Your post doesn't include a point that is backed up by real examples. So far it's been 'Oppression here, Bad Admins there'. Also, it's called constitutional monarchy.

If I see a real change, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, because I said "NO" for almost a year, I wouldn't mind being recruited again as some kind of administrator

Ohhhh, please, Spades, don't be so nice to us evil HGNers! You're making me blush, Spades-Chan! We really can't handle your ~progressive~ and democratic thought.

I wish there was a server rank without ban abilities that you could apply for that gave you temporary "game master" powers to create events, spawn items, etc, while the admin doesn't need to tear his focus between keeping the players from breaking rules and hosting the event.

Yes! Yes!!! Take the special title of "GAME MASTER OF ADMIN EVENTS SUPER IMPORTANT PERSON", item-spawning abilities which you certainly will never abuse(let's not open up the history book here), all other super-admin abilities. Because those mistreated admins really need your progressive help! And finally a special forum rank JUST FOR YOU, SPADES.

We did that once actually. I hosted an event on STALKER with Goose, ThY and I think Tom overseeing it while I zipped around in noclip pretending to be a poltergeist. Oh how we fucked with people that day. That was a beautiful day. I miss that. Everyone loved that RP just as much as I loved pulling the strings. Even the people who got killed loved it. Every community has its ups and downs, so I'll end this on a positive note.... I want to do another event like that with fresh vict--I mean players.

Ohh! You mean the event where you killed me literally for no reason and didn't allow me to come back after me providing evidence of bias? Yeah, man, that event was so fucking great you can't believe it.

Spades just don't bother anymore. Your presence is too democratic for us. #rekt

Blake.H

Simple solution:

Spades stop being a pessimistic asshole in threads like this (Or at all). You're not an oldfag you cant talk about old times or relate to them. 

Jake stop making personal attacks. Spades poses a good point, so do you. But dont make it personal.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

jaik

Also, I would like to remind everyone who Spades Neil is and what kind of an interesting character he is.
He made a video where he's basically having a philosophical debate with a bunch of dolls(read: rape) and uses a giant pink mobile phone to do that. Spades removed the video after Plunger found it and others here made a meme out of it. Full thread at http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/the-gay-vamp-castle/neil%27s-sex-dungeon/25/#quickreply

Plunger

Quote from: CC on 12-08-2013

Silverknight

Silver, didn't you buy a Moped scooter-thing with the donations of the server? I remember you mentioning that once before on TS. Also, I'm just saying that Thanatos and Brandon Lent alone had given you over 700 dollars in donations. Much more than that actually! I dono how much money it takes to run a server; but you have made money in the bank with all of those donations; but from donations, from the list alone on the server you've made ATLEAST $8100 not including everyone's other donations for models and things to be imported and weapons and such. You see, when you say thousands of your own pounds and your own money, it just kind of confuses me. I thought anything donated was for the server and to keep the community together. Putting it that way, I just feel like that would have been enough to keep the servers running and be maintained. Maybe I'm just speaking out of my ass. Going on, I'll have to agree with Spades for once. You have to let your admins do things, without them having to put you in a triple german suplex headlock to get a little bit of change. And when I mean a little bit I mean a lot; I just hope people won't have to donate three million dollars to be a mutant on a server again! I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just really hoping things change so they work out for you. Best of luck especially to the fellahs who are merging with HGN. lots of good luck

There are a lot of legitimate to hate HGN, but unfortunately people become fixated on all the wrong reasons. I've gone through the HGN invoices for the server, and donations, and even I was a sceptic before, but it turns out that the donation money actually was just under the total cost to run the servers. The moped thing was a joke in HGN that everyone made about the donation money, I would know because I was one of the people who initially spread it, except it was a motorcycle instead of a moped.

And on the subject of legitimate complaints about HGN, Spades has no reason to complain about the administrative dealings going on in HGN because he was one of the many problem admins that this community developed over the years. Any admin that holds grudges, and personal vendettas doesn't deserve to hold an administrative position, especially when it starts to cross between servers. I mean for crying out loud, you're one of the people who attempted to start a mass exodus from the community in order to get the people you hate banned, that's not being a dedicated community member it's being a dissenter.