HGN Merger and Announcement of New\Old Servers

Started by Silver Knight, 11-08-2013

CC

Well if that was a joke then I pull my statement back about the whole scooter thing or whateverthefuck it was. I really do hope that HGN can get back on its feet but I don't exactly want to be around for it. Not sure why Spades tho is putting so much effort into this thread.

not like I have room to talk though.

jaik

Quote from: CC on 13-08-2013why Spades tho is putting so much effort into this thread.

He literally said why.

QuoteI wouldn't mind being recruited again as some kind of administrator. I wish there was a server rank without ban abilities that you could apply for that gave you temporary "game master" powers to create events, spawn items, etc.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

CC

Oh wowee, thanks for saving me the time of reading it!

jaik

Quote from: CC on 13-08-2013Oh wowee, thanks for saving me the time of reading it!
You're welcome.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Zen

All hail HGN the Cuba of communitys!

Silver Knight

Quote from: Zen on 13-08-2013 All hail HGN the Cuba of communitys!

I am El Presidente? Welcome to Tropico.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Roy

Quote from: Zen on 13-08-2013 All hail HGN the Cuba of communitys!
And now I know why he changed his steam nam

nKe

Lets rework everything!

*Get everyone who gave up with hgn years ago together and get them to lead shit because they obviously care*

Initiate SRP Circlejerk 2.0

Dont want to seem pessimistic but yeah, I dont think anything is gonna change. People pulling the strings are just gonna disappear and we players (Yeah, there were actually few of us too) will be once again left to sit on the server waiting for the 'muricans to make events because as we all know, muricans make the best admins and we dont need anyone from EU.

lolKieck

Just please, don't get Goose into this.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Spades_Neil

I'm just going to put my post in spoiler, because it's just too big for pleasant viewing for anyone who doesn't give a damn about my replying to Jake and Blake.

Quote from: Jake on 13-08-2013
Really. I wonder who would you want to get this power? Your semi-positive/enthusiastic tone in that post, combined with how you want to portray yourself as a hardcore HGN veteran in the beginning and later throw in buzzphrases that mean literally nothing(we both know that), tells me your intentions aren't properly presented in that post. Think I am paranoid? Let's read on.
[spoiler]

Who would get this power? Not me. Not only would I not want the job, it'd be incredibly stupid to give me this job what with me going away to college again in October. When I do, let's hypothetically say that SilverKnight said "Hey Spades, you want (position of power)?" and I said yes, then I'd be inactive for months and months and months and months at a time.

But I understand why you'd think this way. Just under the circumstances that you're not aware of, that's silly.

[/spoiler]
So you start off your second post with a lie. You first state that server policies can somehow prevent assholes from being assholes, trolls from being trolls, etc. Then you state exactly the contrary in the same paragraph, in the next sentence after you state it's impossible. To anyone that  hasn't caught on; assholes will be assholes. How many times in the rules(of other servers) you've seen: "Don't be an asshole" and tell me how often does that work.
[spoiler]

Okay good point. Not gonna lie.

[/spoiler]
Lack of trust? I hope your way of diverting attention to a completely irrelevant(and imaginary) issue in order to hide your real intentions hasn't been noticed only by me. Although since I've been one of those "certain" people, I can tell you exactly how it worked on Fallout RP that was administrated by the oh-so-oppressed Spades Neil: you get banned if you state anything negative or critical about him or his fat internet girlfriend Caso. The latter roleplaying as a half-deathclaw character that I "authorized" when times were a bit difficult. What Spades did to get her that character was this: cry about oppression, cry how I'm a despotical asshole, etc. This is exactly what he's doing now with all this "OY VEY, MAI POWER RITES ARE BEING OPRESSD!". Of course he to this day likes to say how I passionately auth'd Caso to imply my fault.
[spoiler]

First, I'm really surprised to haven't noticed the issue I'm referring to. Maybe it all really is in my head? To be fair I do have my own history of losing patience with the overall playerbase after a certain point, which I did mention. So perhaps it is in my head.

Second, you were SV when Caso happened. Not me. Just saying.

Caso also went away as a character when you left your position. Also, just saying.

[/spoiler]
HAHA. Of course you know that, Spades. Let's not talk about the amount of times I(there were countless others) was permabanned simply because you didn't like me and not a single strike that was shoved onto me was legitimate. To those that don't know/remember. We had a strike system that worked like this: 1 strike - kick/temp ban, 2 strike - kick/temp ban, 3 strike - pban. I had 2 strikes(from bias) and there were admins like Spades who would try and get the third one by reporting me for literally the stupidest or imaginary shit. Dark Angel(an ally of Spades) reported me once for "money farming" despite me being on the server  for like 5 minutes and the paycheck was 90 rubles. The rate was 1hr/90 rubles.
[spoiler]

Trying to defend your legitimacy I see? Well I don't remember you being on my list of people who needed to be permabanned off FORP. You just didn't go there anymore after you lost/gave up (I forget which) your SV position. You were never banned. You never broke any notable rules there that I remember.

I won't speak for Dark Angel. I do however know I've seen you break rules on STALKER like logging out when an anomaly catches you to avoid getting killed. The money farming thing I vaguely recall and if DA gave you a strike for that, I find that kind of absurd.

But who am I kidding? It's your word verses mine. I could say you DRMed the shit out of the server one day (which, as far as I know, is a complete lie) and neither of us could prove it either way. So I'll let the experience of past STALKER admins speak about Dark Angel.

By the way, I fired Dark Angel from her Fallout admin position. To be fair I see why this individual was problematic.

[/spoiler]
So Caso and her half-deathclaw adventures didn't drive off anybody? Maybe except for the entire Fallout playerbase and all HGN regulars who hated that shit?
I want you to stop, Spades.
[spoiler]

Mixed feelings about how to respond to this. On the one hand, "Well YOU were SV at the time." On the other hand, I did find myself enjoying the RPs. Not gonna lie. Regardless, Caso went away as a character once I was told to take over.

[/spoiler]
More talk about the admin oppression. Yes, you totally have an idea of that when you were able to wrongfully permaban me and several other people without having to meet any kind of protest from the administration or Silverknight.

I believe admins should have more rights because that's the problem and I'm not projecting any kind of behavior myself!! The evil dictatorship of Silverknight should give us the power, but hey it's his servers so in the end none of this matters, I'm just writing useless shit so that the entire point could be distorted and my fault to be ignored. That would be completely unthinkable and illogical. The bad admins were always given support and the good admins never any, I AM NOT NAMING ANYBODY BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING. LOOK AT MY GOD DAMN POST AND SEE THE AMOUNT OF EXAMPLES I'VE GIVEN -- NONE.
[spoiler]

Ever consider that I don't give names because it's irrelevant as fuck and would only start drama and shitstorms to name names? Especially if these same admins are brought back into the community and turn out not to be as bad as I thought.

But now you and I are at an impassé. You call bullshit because I won't name names and use it to try to discredit me. I refuse to name names because I am not interested in starting shit.

Do you really want me to bring up names? I can go down that route. I'd rather not, at least not in public, but I could.

[/spoiler]
Everybody welcome Spades and his Liberation crew. They will give us prosperity through freedom! Shake off the clutches of oppression and authoritarianism!
The reason for what you call a 'deadspell of HGN' is because opportunists like you seem to end up in the admin team all the time. Do you really think there's a meaning to what you're saying? Your post doesn't include a point that is backed up by real examples. So far it's been 'Oppression here, Bad Admins there'. Also, it's called constitutional monarchy.
[spoiler]

First, like I said earlier, I'd literally be the worst person to have as an admin. I've turned down any admin position I've yet been offered since my leaving Fallout. Even if Fallout came back up, and may the record hold me to these words, I would NOT join the server as an admin. Not unless I wasn't going to college and there was significant change to entice me to do so. The same is also true for STALKER.

Fact of the matter is, I don't want to be an admin.

Hey, Silverknight, you reading this? Because I have a gut feeling you'll ask me if you don't have anyone better for the job. (God, what does that say about me?) You listening? Don't. Ask. Me. To. Be. An. Admin. Let me finish college, come home, see HGN is still running nicely...

[/spoiler]
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-08-2013
If I see a real change, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, because I said "NO" for almost a year, I wouldn't mind being recruited again as some kind of administrator
[spoiler]

... And then we'll talk.

[/spoiler]
Ohhhh, please, Spades, don't be so nice to us evil HGNers! You're making me blush, Spades-Chan! We really can't handle your ~progressive~ and democratic thought.
[spoiler]

But to be fair I can see where you'd get the vibe that I'm jumping at a chance to power. That is pretty commonplace around here. First off, I don't expect to see the "change" I speak of within a measly two months, which is how long it'll be before I go to college. I'm talking more like next summer when, if HGN is doing well, probably won't need me anyway.

Seriously, can any of you with a straight face say I was "THE BEST HGN ADMIN EVUR!" because a lot of you seem to think I honestly believe I was.

[/spoiler]
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-08-2013
I wish there was a server rank without ban abilities that you could apply for that gave you temporary "game master" powers to create events, spawn items, etc, while the admin doesn't need to tear his focus between keeping the players from breaking rules and hosting the event.

Yes! Yes!!! Take the special title of "GAME MASTER OF ADMIN EVENTS SUPER IMPORTANT PERSON", item-spawning abilities which you certainly will never abuse(let's not open up the history book here), all other super-admin abilities. Because those mistreated admins really need your progressive help! And finally a special forum rank JUST FOR YOU, SPADES.
[spoiler]

Eh. The more I think about it, the more I realize you're probably right here. The only reason a part of me even wants a kind of "admin" position is not for the ability to ban or kick or all the other stuff one thinks of when they talk about admins. I just want the creative power. That's why I wanted to create a simple, private Fallout RP server so a few friends and I could play in it. AND SO I COULD HAVE ALL THE CASO I WANTED HURR HURR HURR *shot*

But, like I said, the more I think about it, the solution to the problem you state is, "Well have an admin watch over them!" to which comes the dilemma; "... Then why the fuck don't we have an admin just do it themselves?" Which renders my idea absolutely pointless.

Alright, so nevermind that idea.

[/spoiler]
Ohh! You mean the event where you killed me literally for no reason and didn't allow me to come back after me providing evidence of bias? Yeah, man, that event was so fucking great you can't believe it.
[spoiler]

It was stated ICly to stay in a group. You chose to run off ahead. You were killed. Other people were also killed before and after you left but you act like we singled you out because we hate you. Yea sure Jake. That was totally the case. Ask Hitman or Kropfi or whoever else was on the event. I fucking hate those guys, don't I? That's why I play games like ArmA 2 with them and have many laughs and merrymaking. But really, stop whining because you lost out on all that GEAR. Everyone else enjoyed the event except you.

[/spoiler]
Spades just don't bother anymore. Your presence is too democratic for us. #rekt
[spoiler]

DEMOCRACY! /sarcasm

[/spoiler]
Quote from: Blake.H on 13-08-2013
You're not an oldfag you cant talk about old times or relate to them.
[spoiler]

I don't recall having tried to declare myself an "oldfag" or trying to relate to any times I wasn't a part of. If I did, please point out the part of my post where I did and I shall either explain or withdraw the statement.

Did I reference the glory days of STALKER RP in 2008 or something? As in, the shit I was never here for? Not trying to sound condescending or sarcastic at all. Be honest with me. What part of my statement made you feel that way? Because that's insulting to people who were ACTUALLY around before me if I'm acting like some kind of oldfag who "remembers the glory days".[/spoiler]

Quote from: Nik3 on 13-08-2013
(...) we players will be once again left to sit on the server waiting for the 'muricans to make events because as we all know, muricans make the best admins and we dont need anyone from EU.

I was actually never aware this was an issue for European users, but it's a good point. This might be a helpful idea.

Spades_Neil

Also, am I the only one that the spoiler tag doesn't work for or is the forum just bugging out? Sorry for the double post but the spoiler tag is stuck open for me.

I was trying to reduce the amount of eye-bleeding text for people who frankly didn't give a damn.

Redbark

Warbands: Napoleonic wars - [95th Kolberg Regiment] DONT HAVE

Warbands Napoleonic wars - [Nr.59 Wartensleben Regiment] LOOK ABOVE

EVE Online Corporation - Valor WISH I HAD ENOUGH TIME

A MineCraft Build Server ... Meh.

ARMA 2 - 4th Infantry Division "Raiders Brigade" And BattleEye Banned me after raging, stating that I will hack someone.

nKe

Yes, Spades.
That was a problem for a long time. I know quite alot of people even from Finland that would've loved to play on SRP and FORP at the time, but the lack of admins in EU time just drove everyone away to other communities where administrator status was given to people based on their "admin skills", not because they threaten to leave the community (see: Sharrock). Dark Scar/Neshy was literally the only active admin from EU, I did adress this issue several times, but nothing happened, so dont say that I should've talked about the issue.
As I have said before, little things matter. Personally tho I had enough when Silver didnt do jackshit about Sharrock and his butt buddies fucking up SRP by spawning gear and lolwinning the game coz adminpowers.

Text might seem hostile but its not, I love u all.

Plunger

Except we did have admins in the European timezones, just they were shit. ThY couldn't admin if his life depended on it, Dark Angel abused her/his powers more then anyone else, Blake couldn't be left alone for five minutes without something troubling starting, and the others didn't have enough power.

Vortigoat

Was Dark Angel that  beastiality loving admin?

Blake.H

Quote from: Plunger on 14-08-2013
Except we did have admins in the European timezones, just they were shit. ThY couldn't admin if his life depended on it, Dark Angel abused her/his powers more then anyone else, Blake couldn't be left alone for five minutes without something troubling starting, and the others didn't have enough power.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Tom

HGN hasn't even launched its "new improved SRP" and "oldfags" are already making it look bad. GG no-re
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Rebel6609

Same old shit happening. It's particularly this reason why HGN dragging itself across the floor. People in this community hate each other and throw blame around on each other like they're a bunch of japs trying to defend their fucking honor. Because of this, the community split into several groups being headed by several admins that all contradicted each other. You all make good points here and there regarding certain things, but you act like you are defenders of Justice.

Since I'm too lazy to find it, I'm just going to put it in my own words. Spades said something about lack of trust in admins and a strict obligation to the rules that allowed people to troll within the rules. Deliberately pissing people off and getting away scotch free. FORP had this issue a lot and it didn't help that the admin team wasn't experienced enough to deal with the issues, especially with management not putting any faith in their administration. However, FORP was a destined failure. SRP can still pull through if the structure is reworked and thought is put into it.

My opinion on the matter of it is, Let admins do their job, let management do theirs(Which does not mean have admin on a server just because they are up on the CoC). While not every decision is sound, we have a process to investigate the matter. It's called an Unban thread that I rarely saw in use.

Also, this is a thread talking about merging with FG, not a petty fight waving your E-dicks around. If I've figured out anything, it's the oldfags that ruin SRP because they feel entitled and privileged.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Roy

It's this simple.
Change is coming hgn.

Trolls will banned, admins wool be removed.
In the next few Weeks things will be changed.
There will a community meeting in the next week or 2 to explain everything.

O advise everyone to stay tuned.
Especially stalker rp lovers.

Tom

I feel like for HGN to ACTUALLY change we need to move away from GmodRP and RP in general.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Cutch

For the sake of the new community, please stop measuring your dicks and seeing how much shit you can throw at each other on these forums. As interesting as it was, that isn't what the forums are for anymore. If you don't have any constructive criticism, and instead care to cause a ruckus and try to rustle the jimmies of the new staff, kindly leave or we will make you.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Spades_Neil

* Spades_Neil raises hand.

Has Blake showed you guys the setup for the new chain of command planned? It's actually pretty damn good and makes a lot more sense than the shitfest we had before. The level of organization, if it is enforced, will be a VAST improvement to HGN. I think it'll make some of you more optimistic about HGN's future, because for once, it seems they're not doing the exact same thing over again.

In a nutshell, no more running to Exile to get bans/unbans and no more Exile coming down to server level and micromanaging and fucking things up because it's not supposed to be his job and people rely on him too much.

Blake, you gonna put up the chart? Or you still working on it?

... I miss STALKER. Hurry up with it. I miss exploring The Zone with Voyla and lolbanditing with Jules.

Roy

All the staff is working on all the new content for HGN.
Including but not limited to: 2 new servers, hierarchy chart, and admin/community staff recruitment processes.

It'll be done  in a week or two so you all will have to see if it works then.

Syndraell

Quote from: Roy on 14-08-2013
It's this simple.
Change is coming hgn.

Trolls will banned, admins wool be removed.
In the next few Weeks things will be changed.
There will a community meeting in the next week or 2 to explain everything.

O advise everyone to stay tuned.
Especially stalker rp lovers.

Honestly, I'm going to say that changes will be a good thing for HGN.
But then again, some people take Garth's approach to change...
http://www.youtube.com/v/1TtGQnyPZ6g

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Spades_Neil

SilverKnight Sith, for the record, if for whatever inexplicable reason reasons you perhaps not fully understand you think, "I should ask Spades to administrate (something)," I advise you ask the opinion of those around you. I assure you with complete confidence that they speak for me. As in they'll mostly say "HOLY FUCK NO ADMIN SPADES." This speaks for me.

I still eagerly await STALKER though. Keep me posted.

EDIT: Apparently wasn't SilverKnight's idea to begin with. Corrections made.