Anna Topaz | No | ? | DENIED

Started by sashatheboss, 18-08-2014

sashatheboss

Name: Anna Topaz
SteamID: No (My Terraria is not in Steam, it's a cracked version)
Duration of Ban: Permabanned?
Reason you were banned: Grieffing?

I left my char AFK fishing (well, in a fishing pose). I came back for a while, and Von asked me what was I doing. I told him I was AFK, and left my room again. When I came back, my Terraria crashed, so I logged in back, but the server asked me for the password. It had changed, as I saw. I asked Von for it, but he asked me why was I breaking terrain. As a peaceful witch, I dont need to grief, and I cannot grief while being AFK. I begged him to let me back in, and he sent me here. Still confused, and not knowing what the heaven is going on.

jaik

would've been more professional to give you the password, since you're legible for it considering the application process, and only then ban you. besides, it would've made the things more clear as we don't even know what the actual ban reason is.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

sashatheboss

I dont know it either. I just want to go back and keep farming my plants, fishing, cooking and making magic.

VonXeno

Multiple players, including an admin, saw you warp around, which players aren't normally able to do. There was no griefing persay, but terrain was displaced as a result of warping.

The main reason you were banned is because after you were confronted, you left the server in an attempt to avoid consequences. And you weren't AFK when confronted.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

sashatheboss

I did not left the server, my game crashed. And as you see, I'm here, confronting. But the only "warp" I do is the Magic Mirror. Maybe you see me "warping" or "skipping frames" because my internet is slow. I can see you all warping too. And this is worse when it rains.

Please, just let me in, I'm a good RPer after all.

jaik

Quote from: VonXeno on 19-08-2014
but terrain was displaced as a result of warping.

is this even possible?

VonXeno

Quote from: Jake on 19-08-2014

is this even possible?

Apparently. Some of the blocks she warped to were destroyed.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

jaik

is this even possible?

Was the damage significant enough to justify a permanent ban? Even though that sounds technically unlikely from my perspective, as Magic Mirror, as far as documentation exists, doesn't cause block destruction in any case and client side lag cannot cause server side changes in any case, either.

VonXeno

is this even possible?

Was the damage significant enough to justify a permanent ban? Even though that sounds technically unlikely from my perspective, as Magic Mirror, as far as documentation exists, doesn't cause block destruction in any case and client side lag cannot cause server side changes in any case, either.

To clarify, the ban had nothing to do with the displaced blocks. It was trying to leave the server after being confronted about warping. Magic Mirror has nothing to do with this, as everyone knows Magic Mirror has a very distinct sound to it. It's normally not possible for a player to teleport/warp without a third party program or a Rod of Discord, which requires an auth to have.

Basically, I want to know why multiple people have seen her warping around the map.

sashatheboss

I told you, it's possibly my slow internet. I can see you all warping too. How can I prove it?

jaik

Basically, I want to know why multiple people have seen her warping around the map.

The lagging possibility sounds more reasonable as the server syncs the coordination change that has happened during the delay in the connection, which is why she appeared to be warping to you. The fact that she saw you as warping as well is reinforcing the possibility that she may not have used any hacks. Additionally, it's noteworthy to say that if she was warping slowly, then the chances are that she wasn't cheating. Meaning, if she traveled a certain distance in an acceptable measure of time, it would confirm that it was just mere delay in the connection.

Since it's not about terrain, and assuming there was an attempt at informing you of the fact that Sasha would be AFK, which could've failed given the lag or other circumstances, then this could easily be a misunderstanding backed up by vague speculation of hacking.

I could elaborate on the hacking part a lot more given a continuous doubt about the legitimacy of Sasha's gameplay, but because there's no evidence of that, it would be rather redundant. I still fail to understand how can this be linked to terrain damage, because in case of lag or teleportation, it's impossible.

Syndraell

Quote from: sashatheboss on 19-08-2014
I told you, it's possibly my slow internet. I can see you all warping too. How can I prove it?

http://www.speedtest.net/

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

sashatheboss

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3701165172
The fastest. At night, when I play with you, it's even slower (and it gets worse when it rains in the game).

jaik

Quote from: sashatheboss on 20-08-2014
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3701165172
The fastest. At night, when I play with you, it's even slower (and it gets worse when it rains in the game).

This would translate to an average 125-150 kB/s at best, plus you have to consider the terribly coded Terraria protocol and everything else.

Oh wow, I'm sorry. That reminds me of my 90kB/s times. A dark age that was.

Blake.H

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

jaik

Quote from: Blake.H on 20-08-2014
Why wasn't a ban report posted anyone?

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/ban-reports-player-hotlist/rules-on-posting-info-on-forum/

I wanted to mention that as well for a reason I already forgot, but considering for some reason I don't have mod access anymore I didn't even bother.

VonXeno

Quote from: Jake on 20-08-2014
Quote from: Blake.H on 20-08-2014
Why wasn't a ban report posted anyone?

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/ban-reports-player-hotlist/rules-on-posting-info-on-forum/

I wanted to mention that as well for a reason I already forgot, but considering for some reason I don't have mod access anymore I didn't even bother.

Oh. So that's a thing.

sashatheboss

So, are you unbanning me now? Please.

Blake.H

Please file a ban report for review by Intelligence and Investigations team within 24 hours otherwise we must ask this ban be overturned.

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

sashatheboss

I dont understand.

Blake.H

Quote from: sashatheboss on 20-08-2014
I dont understand.

That is aimed at VonXeno...

Blake.H

-snip-

Blake.H

DENIED
Already permabanned, no STEAMID provided, lied to CMT, general fucktard...

jaik

Locked because he was previously pbanned and avoided it.

Hint: It's Darkshinyprincess aka Abby Stone.