What Was Your First Anime?

Started by RanmaChan, 18-03-2011

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Last.Exile on 11-12-2011
Quote from: Mr. Pink on 10-12-2011
Quote from: ZainMenloe on 10-12-2011
Quote from: Mr. Pink on 10-12-2011
This thread is so prone to being Necro'd it isn't even funny...

It didn't warn me about a 60 day thing. I would go by the dates, but for some reason they all say the post was 9 days ahead of now... Soo, Not sure if its it just my comp screwing up or what.

Regardless, avoid from posting on a recently Necro'd thread. DotBot Necro'd it first. I Necro'd this thread when I first joined... I suppose it's just a popular target for new members...

Doesn't matter if the necro is relevant.

Oh... I always thought that necros were bad no matter what :L Umm... Carry on then...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Madcombat

Dragon Balls!
ITS OVER 9000! = Ep21

Lt.Azrael

First anime I ever saw was Neon Genesis Evangelion. After that, it was sailor moon, followed by Card Captors, and somewhere in there should be DB and DBZ

RanmaChan

Good.. Goood...  Keep my thread alive!  ;D
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

ZainMenloe

Trying, but I get yelled at for posting in a 2 week old topic... :/

I think we should have a contest of whos first anime they ever saw was the worst, anyone up for it?

RanmaChan

Quote from: ZainMenloe on 12-12-2011

I think we should have a contest of whos first anime they ever saw was the worst, anyone up for it?

Easy, who ever watched Bleach/Naruto/Inuyasha as their first automatically win.  I joke I joke.

That sounds like an interesting idea actually, though you might be hard pressed to find someone who hates the first anime they ever watched.  Usually they attach themselves to it in some way, despite any faults it may have.

ZainMenloe

Well, if a contest does happen, im not participating. I cannot judge Sailor moon since I dont remember anything about it, and I doubt Ill ever try to watch it.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 12-12-2011
First anime I ever saw was Neon Genesis Evangelion. After that, it was sailor moon, followed by Card Captors, and somewhere in there should be DB and DBZ

Card Captors.. that was a interesting anime, remember watching that in the mornings before school for a few months before it disappeared :( Shitty TV channels these days.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quote from: RanmaChan on 12-12-2011

Easy, who ever watched Bleach/Naruto/Inuyasha as their first automatically win.  I joke I joke.

That sounds like an interesting idea actually, though you might be hard pressed to find someone who hates the first anime they ever watched.  Usually they attach themselves to it in some way, despite any faults it may have.

Love Hina

RanmaChan

Quote from: Last.Exile on 13-12-2011

Love Hina

Aww, I kinda liked that one.

Silver Knight

Quote from: RanmaChan on 13-12-2011

Love Hina

I got attached to it but Love Hina has so many faults.. especially the story... lol

RanmaChan

Quote from: RanmaChan on 13-12-2011

Love Hina

I got attached to it but Love Hina has so many faults.. especially the story... lol

Haha, I know what you mean now.  I thought you said it was the first you watched and that you hated it.  I gotcha.
Same thing with Ranma 1/2 I love it to pieces but sometimes it is just so bad, lol.

Mr. Pink

Well fuck I suppose I'll join in now... Probably the worst early ones I had watched were either Card Captors (Might like it now, don't remember much about it other than I despised it), or Monster Rancher, although I don't even think that was an anime... Ehh... Maybe Beyblades... Or Yugioh... Those were both shitty... Any of the card game/competition type of animes are usually pretty bad...

bohi

Hmph... I've never really been into anime but I would have to say it was  he-man o7 ghost which was only VERY recently.

Corocan

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Looking at it back when I was five I had no fucking idea what was going on.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Corocan on 13-12-2011

But does that mean that it is the worst?  Just cause you were five and it didn't make sense, doesn't make it a bad anime.

So far my vote is on Mr. Pink's Monster Ranchers/Beyblade, hahaha.
(any relation at all to 'Pink!' ? Lol)

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Corocan on 13-12-2011

STFU >:C I like Ghost in the shell... And to Ranma, nope, no relation to Pink! :3

Lt.Azrael

The worst anime I have ever seen was an american take on gundam, I think.
it was 3d, and the gundams were living robots instead of suits. talk about shit-tastic

lolKieck

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST ANIME NOT WORST ANIME.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

RanmaChan

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/anime/what-was-your-worst-anime/

Fixed.  Post worst animes in there.  Keep this thread for first animes.

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 18-12-2011
The worst anime I have ever seen was an american take on gundam, I think.
it was 3d, and the gundams were living robots instead of suits. talk about shit-tastic

Appleseed?

Sanji

Darker Than Black, i would watch pokemon as a kid but that doesnt count in my book
Those who wish stay down and dream, those who try will forever fight for it

Gonztah

I just recently watched Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin (AKA Silver Fang) anime series from the 80s. Liked Loved it. (Found all the episodes on Youtube but they were all dubbed Finnish. Sounded kinda silly. The theme isn't in finnish though.)

Hopeanuoli Tunnari [Silver Fang Theme]

Knife_cz

Can't exactly remind what was my first anime..but I guess Ny pogodi, Sonic or pokemon.
Also Gonztah, the hell is that lol

Gonztah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yj9Rwpa5ps

You can translate the captions to english, not perfect but you'll understand the story. (They speak japanese.) For some utterly insane reason all the episodes I can find are either A) Dubbed in finnish or B) Subbed in finnish, those in youtube at least. Guess we finns just like it.  There's even a sequel to that but the first one is better.